1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Watson IS Going To The Browns!

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Junebug, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    5 year, $230 million

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Steelers couldn't match that? Smh

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I LOVE this. $230 million, mostly guaranteed plus they give up 3 1st round picks. Ya know how DeShaun won zilch in Houston because they couldn’t build a team around him? Well, time for the same experience in Cleveland.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    So $200 million for him. $30 Million for the women?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. Mark Tazz

Mark Tazz Active Member

Mar 15, 2022
    Do people really think the Steelers WANTED to match that?? SMH... They are putting stud free agent O-linemen in front of a more experienced Mason Rudolph. They brought in Trubisky to sharpen the "iron" they have at QB1. The young OL they started building last season has a season under their belt, and hopefully they can draft some defensive players who know how to TACKLE and not just shoulder-check... The 2023 draft will be a better QB draft class... So Pittsburgh should keep their powder dry and hold-off for a season before worrying about the new franchise QB...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So their going to tank this yr? Cause the only way to get one of those top guys is to either tank to get a top 5 pick or move up in the draft giving up a lot of compensation.

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Match $230 million? The Steelers? No.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mark Tazz

Mark Tazz Active Member

Mar 15, 2022
    Saying THEY'RE going to tank may be correct, IF all 32 teams only want to draft QBs in 2023.... So apparently, what you describe is not the only way...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Now You never know exactly How the draft unfolds. Also You have 2 bring into the conversation...Who needs Qbs next year....Who needs something else in front of Us. Lots of things 2 consider.

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Saints need a qb, commanders really need one, eagles will likely be done with hurts, Texans, lions, bears(don't think fields is the answer), etc.. whoever is in the top 5 likely needs a qb. And if they have a vet one they'd likely move off him for the younger guy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed, but some of those maybe stupid, and try , and get one this year...which will leave less getting one next year. :shrug:

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You think they're getting one of the top guys at pick number 15?

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No one I named is getting a qb this yr except the saints probably. And just because you get a qb this yr and he stinks doesn't mean you won't move off him. The Cardinals drafted Rosen at what 10 and then got the #1 pick and drafted Kyler. Bryce young and cj stroud are too good too pass up in the top 5 if your qb isn't better than average. Like the eagles. Hurts isn't bad but if the eagles get let's say pick 3 you think they're passing up on young or stroud as the better prospect than what hurts ultimately will be?

• Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No....What I'm saying is most won't move off a Qb they drafted in the 1st round in one Year....especially when they see the problems the Cards are having right now....with a Guy that wants 2 be paid top dollar, and hasn't really done anything yet. I like the midget, but He's already trying 2 hamstring His team,and they haven't done nothing yet. So I believe others will throw up caution because of this.
    Let's See who draft's whom this year....then ...We can see about next.... one problem at a time My friend. :shrug:

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I mean what qb doesn't get the bag early. Hes done no less than Allen, deshaun, dak, etc.. who have all gotten the bag. If Kyler were free almost anybody would give him a max deal. He's a top ten qb. And depends on what the guy shows. Again the cards drafted Rosen in the top ten then let him go a yr later. Redskins gave up on haskins after a yr. Carolina gave up Jimmy Clausen when they had the chance to draft cam. My point is none of these guys look to be franchise changers in the draft so it's very plausible for a team to draft high up next yr.

• Like Like x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Washington gave Haskins 2 years. Though I hear what Your saying. :thumbs_up:

17. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The humorous part of this is the Browns probably believe they just made a Matthew Stafford type deal and are now Super Bowl LVII bound. Knowing they gave up three first round picks is unbelievable. No player is worth that let alone his legal troubles are not yet over.

• Agree Agree x 1