1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Watching

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Replay of Steelers Jags playoff game...Not any easier the 2nd time...The 4th and 1's...Mitchell, the D, Tomlin....Aaaaarrrggghhhh

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Some form of self flagellation?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I was at the game. 1300 miles of driving in 42 hours and the money it cost to see that $***show in person was enough

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ouch :maintete:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    "Obviously ".....

6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Turned it on just in time to see Tomlin butcher the clock management. Great way to ruin your weekend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I downloaded it a couple of days after the game but never watched it...

8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I watched it. My first re watch of that game.

As I said that night, player execution put us in a hole but coaching lost us that game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I saw it on the guide but I could not get myself to watch it, my blood still boils when I think of that game. I had a baseball draft so I listened to forged in fire while drafting......... @Disco1981 hats off to you man I just couldn't put myself through that again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Haha...I didn't watch it all...Ended up taking the old lady out boozin

• Like Like x 1
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Now that is a smart man. :thumbs_up::drinks::guiness:

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Mistakes on both sides of ball but mainly defense. Doesn't matter how great this offense is if it can't stop anyone. And coaching was atrocious it was tbh worse than the defense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I watched all Jags scores on coaches film. Wanted to see what the breakdowns were. Posted an analysis on here about it. Spence and Williams played a big part in that loss. Davis, Dupree, Tuitt and Watt all contributed to scores as well.

It was ugly.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I had been a pretty big supporter of Tomlin based on his winning record. But that game sent me over to the dark side.

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I have never been a Tomlin fan but I also never was a hater either. He has a good track record as for a winning team however I have been turned against him this year. We are imo much more than a winning team, we are or should I say be a dynasty. We have a HOF QB and the best WR & RB in the game we pay a lot for the oline and it shows as they are good as well. We have not been able to find replacements for Big Snack, TP, Ike and Clark on the defense and the fact that we are trying to run this hybrid imo is a big reason for it. I know this thread is not about Tomlin and I am sorry to rant off on him but I kinda feel the same way as you do. Now back on topic..........

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    While channel flipping I saw it on the TV Guide and thought I could re-watch this debacle or enjoy my afternoon a bit more by pulling my back teeth out with pliers. Fortunately, I opted for neither.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I was in the past as well. The last 2 seasons sent me over. Terry Bradshaw wasn't criticizing him for no reason.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Finally seeing the light. LOL And aren't you a season ticket holder?

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I am. Next season will be my 49th season.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I like Terry a lot, but I learned 40 years ago to take what he says with a grain of salt. After games he would tell one writer one thing and then turn around and tell a different writer something completely different.

One of my favorite lines from him came after a particularly bad game: “I stunk the joint out”. Not many players admit that honestly when they have a bad game.

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Sports Xchange report card against the jags:

REPORT CARD VS. JAGUARS

--PASSING OFFENSE: C - Ben Roethlisberger threw for 469 yards - the second-most passing yards in NFL postseason history - and five touchdowns, but two costly turnovers had the veteran quarterback taking the blame for the 45-42 loss to the Jaguars. Roethlisberger's first-quarter interception at the Steelers' 18-yard line set up the Jaguars' second touchdown of the game and gave them a 14-0 lead. His fumble late in the second quarter was scooped up by linebacker Telvin Smith and returned for a touchdown and a 28-7 lead. Roethlisberger kept the Steelers in the game by throwing to Antonio Brown and Vance McDonald, but the Steelers could never get a lead after those early miscues.

--RUSHING OFFENSE: C - The Steelers fell behind early and never could establish the running game. They had just 18 carries for 83 yards. Le'Veon Bell had 16 carries for 67 yards. Bell is an All-Pro, but the Steelers didn't get him in position to make meaningful plays. Bell had a chance to convert a fourth-and-1 at the Jacksonville 21 in the first quarter, but he was tackled for a four-yard loss. It was that kind of day for the Steelers offense.

--PASS DEFENSE: F - The Jaguars had receivers running wide open through the Steelers' secondary all day long. Blake Bortles passed for 214 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions. The Steelers, who led the NFL in sacks during the regular season, had zero Sunday. The lack of a pass rush hurt because the secondary had problems covering in the back end. The Steelers have invested heavily in their secondary the past few years, but the results have been inconsistent.

--RUSH DEFENSE: F - The Steelers allowed the Jaguars to rush for 164 yards and in doing so allowed Jaguars offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett to control the game with his excellent play-calling. The Steelers knew the key to beating the Jaguars was stopping the run, and they failed miserably. The incredibly poor performance should have the front office contemplating major changes over the offseason.

--SPECIAL TEAMS: F - Much like the regular season, the Steelers' special teams didn't do very much to impact the game. Robert Golden deflected a punt in the second half, which gave the Steelers the ball in Jacksonville territory with a chance to tie the score. But that was about it. Chris Boswelldidn't perform very well on his kickoffs and P Jordan Berry failed to pin the Jaguars deep when he had a chance.

--COACHING: F - Head coach Mike Tomlin set the tone for the Steelers overlooking the Jaguars when he idiotically started talking about the Steelers and Patriots likely meeting in the AFC Championship Game. That was on Nov. 26. Is it any wonder his players felt free to talk about the Patriots days before playing the Jaguars? Before becoming the Steelers' head coach, Tomlin spent his previous years in the league coaching defensive backs, but his expertise in that area hasn't rubbed off on his players. The Steelers' secondary struggled mightily against the Jaguars.

22. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    :bowdown:

23. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    There’s not much to add to that summary. And there’s definitely not a thing that can be argued...

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't waste my time rewatching losses

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    :ACK!: