1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Watching the playoffs = Steelers are NOWHERE close to relevancy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Jan 24, 2022.

1. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    11 years 3 playoff wins. Odds are with Mason at QB you can go ahead and call it 12 years 3 playoff wins. Yes we are the franchise everyone is just dying to be!!!

2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    You did see how bad of Defenses the Chiefs and Bills have correct?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

I know I am the old guy in the room... but never in all my years did I ever had a Steeler fan say. I WISH WE WERE MORE LIKE THE BENGALS... until today

HACK

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Since the change on Cap and Qb money. Ben, Wilson, Mahomes, Flacco, and A Rodgers (not a on rookie contract, but 1st year of His 1st real contract ) all on rookie deals. You showed Me P. Manning....Brady don't count because after His 1st contract He usually took less. So You have one Guy.:shrug:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Got to hand it to Burrow ... sacked 9 times wasn't rattled one bit.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    Front office still using 1933 thinking. Other like someone had said are really moving forward and those teams were mentioned. We are a stale team going no way fast in the future.

7. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    What does that say about our defense? KC scored 42 on us in just over 3 quarters, then packed it in.

Buffalo was #1 in the NFL this season in least yds and pts allowed. KC allowed a lot of yds, 27th in the league, but was 7th in least pts allowed.

The Steelers this year were 20th in pts allowed and 24th in yds allowed.

8. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Yinz know the joke.

How many Steeler fans does it take to change a light bulb?

Six. One to change the light bulb and five to tell you how great they were in the 70's.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Where was Mahomes drafted? I don’t recall KC having a top 5 pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    10th. IIRC, the Chiefs moved up to pick him also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's says We beat J. Allen. It also says not all number 1 defense are the same. It also says that even with a number 1 Defense J. Allen lost.
    OK I'm out of stuff. LoL

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Did we not go to 3 SBs in the 2 thousands. I believe We've went 70s,80s, 90s, 2000,and 2010.
    Well 79 not 80s. LoL

13. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I know your being facetious, but for others who somehow like to use our W over Buffalo as some sort of validation that we're close, c'mon. That was week 1. There's a reason why those NFL playoff commercials from a few years ago that had fans with their hot takes earlier in the season were so funny. Things change so much over the course of a season, it renders extrapolation pretty useless.

14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    He was last year.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Brady won 7 Super Bowls. He's kind of important no? $22M cap hit in 2018 $25M last year

Eli Manning did have a higher cap hit in both Super Bowls the Giants won though...

QB can be the easiest place for a GM to find value, but it can be found elsewhere. Also, all the veteran QBs have a massive cap hit so it levels out.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree. Though it changes from season 2 season. Half of what was good,and awesome this year will not be next year.
    Honestly I think People get recency bias (I've been know 2) , and thing the last thing they saw. Remember when Cam Newton got the MVP, and went 2 the SB with most His team injured that year. Oh shoot Cam can't be stopped. LoL.
    How about When Rodgers won His 1st SB. That will be the 1st of many for the great Rodgers. LoL.
    How about when Matt Ryan Won his MVP bunch more 2 come. LoL.
    How about Lamars MVP year. Just the beginning of an awesome career. LoL. Things change fast in the NFL

• Like Like x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You don't say about Bradys cap %. That is what matters. Also you show 2 years out of His 7 SB. LoL. Eli 1st SB His cap % wasn't High yet.

18. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Yeah, but Mahomes is on the verge of his third straight SB appearance and Allen has had back to back great years. Burrow was having a very good rookie year before his knee injury and Herbert has impressed his two years. Those guys don't look like flashes.

As for Rodgers, he's a HoFer regardless. I don't recall anyone saying Ryan had multiple MVP's in his future and Lamar also had his doubters, including nearly everyone on this board.

19. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    If you catch a really good team early in the season that is sometimes the best time to upset them. They haven’t gelled yet as a team and probably are not playing with the same urgency at that point. I mean look at KC they started peaking and beat us 2X by 30. Buffalo would beat us by 20 plus if they were to play tomorrow

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I totally agree about Mahomes. The rest I will wait ,and See. That's all I just don't jump on the hype train that fast. I usually use the wait, and see approach. Now Mahomes is going to his 4th straight AFC Championship. So I would have 2 be blind with Him. Some of these Guy will get paid, and cap hit % will affect their teams, and they won't be the same. Honestly.... that team we seen with J. Allen maybe the best He ever plays with, or maybe not. We will see.

21. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    According to Over the Cap Eli's second Super Bowl was $11M IIRC.

Justin Herbert has thrown for 9,000 yards and 70 TD in 2 years of a rookie contract and can't make the playoffs. :shrug:

You're overstating the importance of a QB on a rookie contract. If you want to say the Ravens were screwed paying $26M to Flacco based on that level of play... OK. If you give a bad QB a big contract you're in trouble. Is that what you're getting at?

Broncos won with Peyton Manning's HUGE salary relative to his backup like production. The GM found value elsewhere. That's the norm. Most of the best teams have a big QB contract.

22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

..... :hmm:

Except the fifth one was in the 2000s.... so.....

:confused1:

• Like Like x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And. I get confused with some on this board. Is it best teams or SB winning teams. You keep giving me the same people since the Qb cap pay % has changed.
    This is Why You don't get a Qb then try 2 build your team. It's why You build Your team then get a Qb.
    If you want 2 disagree it's fine. I don't get bothered like others on here. This is all enjoyment 2 me.
    I gave You Mahomes, Wilson, Ben , Rodgers, Eli (1st), and Flacco. You keep saying P. Manning.
    I'm not saying it can't be done, but the % show the other way is easier.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Chiefs didn't totally stink it up before they got Mahomes, they traded up to the 10th pick to get him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Steelers traded up to the 10th pick and missed big time.

https://steelcityblitz.com/steelers-draft-devin-bush-with-massive-trade-up-to-10th-overall-pick/

They also traded up for this guy but didn't give up so much.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/04/1...ers-drafted-s-troy-polamalu-on-april-26-2003/

One sucks and one's a legend.

It's a crapshoot, but you have to know what you are getting to make that gamble.

I'm gonna say Cowher did and Tomlin not so much.

• Like Like x 1