1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Watching Ben post game hit right in the feels

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Jan 3, 2022.

1. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Really dusty in my house for sure

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Greatest player?!

Differing opinions for certain. For me, no.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    QB?

If he is the greatest QB he is also the greatest player, no?

4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Depends on ones definition of what one defines as "Greatest Ever". For me, I had complied a list of my Top 10. Sadly, it never got finished as the files were corrupted but my top two were Blount and Greene; 2 and 1 respectively.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I feel like we should organize a meet up in Canton when he’s inducted. I’ll buy the first round.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    I think Ben is #1 in Steelers history. Ahead of all the greats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:hi:

All good with me!!:drinks:

Differing opinions for sure. One thing I do believe me and you can agree on though?!

Despite not having a HOF Tight End enshrined, an Offensive Tackle as well, there simply is too many great Steelers Players to count!

8. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Same still watching it as it was recorded. But very sad and thankful we had the luck to have drafted him. I was even filing some of the end game stuff on my phone that was on the TV. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  9. Coolhandluke23

Coolhandluke23 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2021
    Thanks Ben for all you did for the steelers.

10. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I never realized that amazing stat they shared during tonight's game...Ben has only played in two games in his whole career that did not have playoff implications. Of course all teams are still alive for the first half of the season but to run it to the very end every year is amazing and has kept football exciting in Pittsburgh for the past two decades. He took a 6-10 team with a bad Oline that got Maddox killed and turned them into a 15-1 team with a run to the AFCCG.

• Like Like x 2
  11. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Had he won SB 45 in that last drive, definitely.

However, Bradshaw was clutch too many times in big games and has 4 Lombardi's. Too hard to top that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    Should he have retired with pouncey?For sure. Can u blame him for not doing it? Big No. Crying on the bench of an empty stadium due the f****** pandemic after a nasty defeat against the clowns in your home field. No way. That would not have been worthy of his career. Im happy for him that he got ist last TD run against Titans and a win in front of a full house in his home field. Now its time to move on.

13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I stayed up way too late last night to watch it all but it was worth it.

I will always wear my Ben jersey proudly.

14. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I will admit I wasn’t happy when Ben came back because it was clear at the end of last season he was on borrowed time. I thought they should have went rebuild with Mason even though it seems pretty clear he is not the answer from his playing time. That being said it was pretty awesome to watch Ben go out on his own terms in front of our fans with a W over Cleveland one last time. Thanks Ben for some great moments and the 2 championships the 05 SB was my first Steelers championship to see with my dad. He may not have always been the hardest worker or student of the game but he was one hell of a QB. He was our QB.

BB7

15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    What made me cry the most is should we get another QB the likes of Bradshaw/Ben I won't be around to see his farewell but I sure the hell hope it's soon so I can have some great seasons.

16. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Watching at the end, was about some relatives who've passed since Ben arrived - dad, uncle, grandmother - all big Steeler fans who were still around when Ben started. Now that he's just about done, that link to the past is gone (almost). Cam was a rookie when some of them passed (but he wasn't Cam then).

Remembered watching many of the great Ben games that everyone has recalled (Super Bowls, Raven games, the rookie season).

Been a fun and fast 18 years.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    It sure does go by fast man

18. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah that was rough...I watched it this morning and cried so now I am going to be tired all day ;)

19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah.... the 4 season window of 2014-2017.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    What a ride Ben, Thank you for all you did for this team, the city and fans. Thanks to the fans last night, it was a night to remember. Thanks to all for the support to Ben, he deserved and he will be missed. Like he said, he is burger thru and thru. He was right for the city, fans and team and the city, fans and team was right for him.

21. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I don't post much but just wanted to come here and say Thank You to Ben. We all wish there were more playoff wins and more Super Bowl wins but the memories that he has given me over the last 18 years will be something I will cherish and never forget. From going to games with family and friends, to having massive outdoor tailgate parties during playoff games at my home, buying Directv Sunday ticket so I wouldn't miss a game. My sons are 19 and 18 now and were just about 1 years old when Ben started. I remember many Monday or Sunday night games when they got a bit older begging me can we stay up and watch the game and they would fall asleep on the floor and I would carry them to bed. Last night I watched the game by myself and the boys came home from being out and they sat on the couch with me for the last 2 minutes and we watched together without saying a word as Ben walked around the field. We hugged and I just said...."I'm going to miss him"

22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Same here.