1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Washington wants Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Oct 7, 2019.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm not much on running qb's. But I would take Ramsey b4 I took any other QB next year

2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

4. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018

How many of those went to the playoffs in 20 years of Snyder? Seems like none of those you listed as helped them do anything but have 1 mediocre year.

I’ll give them Tomlin and our 2020 2nd round pick if they take to Tomlins contract

5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It's likely Washington's 1st rounder will be in the top 5. For a team with a lot of needs, I doubt they'd want to part with that.

Also, Washington doesn't have a 2nd round pick next yr, they traded it already.

So it's hard to see a deal that both sides would accept. This assumes, and they're big assumptions, that Tomlin would want to work Daniel Snyder and that the Steelers would be willing to part with MT in the 1st place.

6. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Please god, let Washington be dumb enough to take Tomlin off our hands!

7. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Your asked for one example. I gave you five.

Now you change the goalposts? Sheesh.

And FYI, Shanahan made the playoffs in 2015 and the Skins made the playoffs in 2012, 2007, and 2005.

8. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011

Tell me then who is better??

I have Belecheat (whonis heads and shoulders above every single coach in the league) Sean Payton and MAYBE Doug Pederson.

Guys like Reid, harbaugh and McVay are the same level as Tomlin.

Be objective and don’t just say “Tomlin sucks and only won with Cowher’s Players”

Sit and think who else in the league you would want.

9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I agree with this.

Tomlin seems like a loyal guy. Plus, this all sort of smacks of a conversation that's getting blown out of proportion for click bait. Snyder can wish in one hand and sh!t in the other all he wants. But, in order to further the conversation, here are my thoughts, for what they are worth.

To my untrained eye, Tomlin would be a fool to work for that organization. Jack Kent Cooke won three Lombardi's in the 20 years he and his family owned the team. In Snyder's 20 years of ownership, they've made five appearances as a wildcard, lost in that round three times and lost in the divisional round twice.

I've never seen evidence that Tomlin is a control freak like the Big Tuna who would prefer both GM and HC duties, either. What we don't know is what kind of salary numbers Snyder would throw at him. As Ted DiBiase used to say, "Every man has a price"!

10. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Mikey.. Washington wants to see u.. Bring your playbook

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Reid? McVay?

I'm sorry but how many SBs have they won?

I'm pulling your leg, but agree. Besides Belichik there's no one demonstrably better. Payton, Carroll, McCarthy... Nope. As good but not by results better.

12. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    What goal post. Did they win a playoff game with any of those players? Washington is one of if not the worst franchises in the league that has messed up any good thing they luck upon, if you think otherwise you got serious problems. Not a single one of their fans don’t wish death on Snyder

13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    See this is how we can get a 1st round pick back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    No way they are giving us a 1st for Tomlin :facepalm:

Trust me, I'd love to be wrong

15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    No way the Rooney's embrace change.

16. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I would not lose any sleep if the Steelers fired Tomlin at year end and he ended up in Washington. That owner is the poster boy for stupid anyway.

If Tomlin gets the ax, I would go after Dungy with a passion. I know it would be a reach, but I think he has a place in his heart for the Steelers. I know I would beg like a dog to get here as HC.

Again, just my thoughts. One thing is for sure, good coaches like a challenge and they like to coach. I know he has a cushy job at NBC but again, good coaches like to coach. Just about anyone can do analysis but few can coach well.

rutan

17. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    1st rounder?! I'd take their 6th in 2035 to get MT out.

• Like Like x 3
  18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Dungy has no interest in coaching anymore and well past his prime. No...just no.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I gotcha

I get what you mean, I mentioned those two specifically because they scheme with the best of them much like Payton. People are so desperate to be rid of him but people need to realize he isn’t a schemer but he has the locker room constantly. He controlled AB way better then we have him credit for, and he has never lost his team and they do not seem to be tuning him out. In some ways that is a skill better then any schemer. I’m still waiting for someone to name 7 coaches better in the league then him or who they would rather have. Having said all that is Washington did offer a Gruden type package I would take it in a heartbeat, that’s a Kings bounty you can’t ignore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Someone asked who we would replace Tomlin with, me personally would be happy as heck with Chuck Pagano or Munch. Both have experience and knowledge, yeah some say Munch failed his first time around but look what had there.

A couple names that were hot last year that I would look into and are unknown are Kris Richard(Dallas) and Eric Bienemy(KC).

I get it is easy to say get rid of Tomlin but offer a replacement, I just did. I do not know if any of these 4 would be good but me as a fan I am giving my opinion on where I would like to see this team go.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Thats really funny, those are the very same two names that I just suggested to my brother.:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Richard was the big name last year and he didn't get a job. He started in Seattle and is now in Dallas with the right ownership I think he could be good. :thumbs up:

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    While I think it’s a fun discussion I would be completely shocked if Tomlin was fired. I think the better discussion may be about who are the possible replacements for DC and potentially OC.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    So if Washington offers a first. The majority on here thinks. The Rooney's won't take it. Lol. C'mon man. .. Tomlin is gone in 2 years tops anyway.. Take the damn pick. And move on

• Like Like x 1
  25. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Isn't that the nail in the coffin for MT? If the Redskins want you - your career is over . He should be fired immediately.

• Agree Agree x 1