1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Washington CB Sidney Jones

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by turtle, Mar 11, 2017.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Tears his achilles at his pro day. Sickening, what a tough break. Those are the early reports anyway. Hope it is not that bad.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Ouch.

Within the same vein, this just pushes others like Quincy Wilson or Gareon Conley higher if the tear is serious.

Otherwise... little change among the top 50 boards if not so.

3. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not a doctor, but I don't think there's too much of a wide-range scale when it comes to an Achilles tear...such a major tendon

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    but i did stay at a holiday inn express.:smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. StillHERNation

StillHERNation Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2017
    He could fall right on our lap. Id take him.

6. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    It says 6-8weeks for it to heal, but I say fully functional plus rehab, hypothetically lets say 4 months.

Which means by August, he'll be ready to practice with the team. Good thing it happened now and not later. He'll miss a lot of physical practices, but it all can be made up through preseason and a couple regular season games.

Ease him in to the line up and let him start week 3, so he can atleast have about 6 weeks of practice under his belt.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He won't play in 2017 and may never regain full strength of that tendon. 6-8 weeks is just to use it again. Takes much longer to regain full strength.

8. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    How long? Im a google. Most of the time when its an achilles injury it happens during the season. Thats why they miss the rest of the season. The season doesnt start until 6 months from now. I think he could still play. 6 months is roughly 24 weeks. He season most likely wont be completely done.

Remember when Pouncey broke his leg last preseason vs Packers. The very first preseason game. He was scheduled to comeback week 8, but had an infection that put him on ir for the whole season.

He wouldve played if his leg didnt get infected in 2015.

9. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    It says it may take 4 to 6 months before you can run.it may take 12 months before you are pain free.

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    His corner mate Kevin King 6-3 200 had a strong combine ran a 4.43 and probably moved up in the draft from his projected 3rd round spot, he has that big long body teams are looking for so he might work out for us as well:

STRENGTHS
    Rare height for the position. Solid job of restricting catch window on routes outside the numbers. Shoves receivers toward boundary and drifts into their running lane to decrease catch opportunity. Length creates challenge for receivers used to winning at the high point. Instinctive with good feel for finding football. Allowed just one touchdown over last 101 targets. Six career interceptions with hands to make the circus pick. Patient from press coverage. Quick to turn and locate once his back is to the quarterback. Saw increase in pass breakups in senior season. Willing to get physical with blocking receivers when it comes time to disengage and make a tackle. Has played all four spots in secondary and slot corner as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Achilles injury is a terrible injury for football players, it robs them of their explosiveness. Took Troy a long time to be at full strength again. Granted, he didnt have surgery (I dont think) but it still takes about a year to fully recover with some never being the same again.

And I found this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...f-return-from-ruptured-achilles-is-11-months/

Whoever drafts him though will certainly put him on IR for the year. They wont have the luxury of carrying him on the chance he can make it back sooner rather than later. How much of a difference is a rookie going to make that will be so far behind in his progress.