1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Was Silverback scared?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Jan 8, 2012.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't know if he was just playing his assignment(spy) or was he scared after that bogus roughing the passer call but he seemed to pull up instead of going all out at the QB. There were plenty of times when they had several players close to the exchange but they slowed up instead of hitting both the QB and RB. I know a 15 yard penalty can be a great deterrent but it could also lead to a bumbled exchange, a fumble or just a loss on the play. Silverback wasn't alone on this but he did get frozen alot during this game.

edited: I meant he wasn't alone on this.

2. one4theotherthumb

one4theotherthumb Active Member

Oct 30, 2011
    The whole front D seemed a little hesitant. They were playing to contain Tebow instead of playing to knock him on his arse.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That first long pass play or maybe it was the one to the TE it looked liked the safeties, LB's and corners all on one side froze and they had zero responsibilities since it was a single WR set with the TE close and extra linemen. It was just strange.

4. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That was it exactly. On the other hand keeping him In the pocket and forcing him to throw is how teams have beat Denver / Tebow the last three weeks. Who the hell could have known that he was going to pick tonight to become a real NFL QB and be able to hit open receivers down the field and even in stride on the winning TD pass. Lebeau didn't know it, the players on the field didn't know and we the fans didn't know it. I'm sure Lebeau kept thinking just like many of us were that Tebow was going to self destruct and eventually throw that pick that was going to cost Denver the game. Unfortunately for us that never happened and as a result we're going home.

5. steelgirl ny 47

steelgirl ny 47 Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think the whole front D looked like they saw the second coming!

6. black&gold1969

black&gold1969 Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Playing the run. Contain Tebow. That is what they were playing. IT DIDN'T WORK>>>>>>>>>>>>>

7. black&gold1969

black&gold1969 Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    But Yes, he and other looked hesitant on several occasions to plant TEBOW in the ground..........

8. gharrison92

gharrison92 Member

Jan 2, 2012
    How about all the times he was being held? I was screaming for a holding call...but once again,nothing

9. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Guys, clearly god put up an invisible barrier to protect his incarnation on earth. ;)