1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Warren Sapp still hating on the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jul 8, 2012.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Last week he was on ESPN radio and he said he doesn't think the Steelers will make the playoffs this season. Thinking the defense is old and slow he bases this off one game vs the Ravens last season when the Steelers lost 35-7 saying defenders couldn't get off blocks and getting pushed around. 3 of the oldest players from last years defense are gone Farrior, Smith and Hampton will be on pup list. I think the Steelers have a good chance of winning the division the Ravens everybody's favorite had a bad offseason free agent losses and the defensive player of the year Suggs could be out for the year, you don't just replace 14.5 sacks besides he kills the Steelers.

2. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sapp should be concerned about how he's going to pay the next mortgage payment and NOT about what the Steelers do. Just sayin'

3. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sapp is a fat mouth loser! He was the first in line last season saying our D was old and done....we all saw how that worked out for him having the #1 D in the league!! PFFT...freakin loser!

4. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Who really gives a rats rear end what Sapp thinks? Really!!! NFL network actually pays this guy for his opinions?????? :facepalm: I might take his advise on where to get the best double bacon cheese burger...but NOT much more!!

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I seem to recall him saying the same thing last year :hmmm: I suppose if he keeps predicting that every season, it may be true eventually, kind of like predicting a bad winter every year, eventually you'll be right! But then again, the Steelers are always reloading, so he'll most likely continue to be wrong each year. Where's the Warren Sapp Sucks emoticon??? :taunt:

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Everybody has bad seasons sometimes, so he's bound to be right someday, but it's still a retarded system. He's setting himself up to fail like 90% of the time. He should predict failure by the Browns every year. He'd look like a genius.

Goes to show his bias and need for attention are greater than his intelligence, that's all. Not news.

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yea warren, eat another sandwich. why does his opinion mean anything to anybody? :shrug: :cool:

8. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Dudes got fat on the brain.

9. tbrucemom

tbrucemom Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    I think a lot of football sports "commentators" want to pick someone every year who's going to be "the one to beat". Since the Steelers are in the playoffs pretty much every year they sometimes get "this year they're not going to make it". If you think about it it's almost an backhanded compliment to even say that, lol. As far as Sapp, living in Tampa, the Buccaneers are my 2nd favorite team, but even when he played for them I couldn't stand him. I know people that have had interactions with him and say he's a major a**hole. I'm not talking about not signing autographs and ignoring fans like Ben's been accused of, but verbal threats for just being approached, etc. I guess karma's a b*tch...

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    A lot of sports analysts don't follow the Steelers as closely as we do, and often they make generalizations that might seem off the base.

If Hampton doesn't perform and his backups don't perform the the level we need them too, our defense might struggle. If that happens Sapp will be right.

11. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    If every there was a more appropriate named person I'd like to see it...Sapp!

12. deljzc

deljzc Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
  13. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It's pathetic. I appreciate that he can carry a grudge as a competitor, but it's pathetic that he brings it into his new job. And he's not even shy about it. He just doesn't care if everyone knows he hates them.

Bias aside, he is really terrible at his new job, by the way. I don't know how they have him there. You can't understand what he says, and when you do finally understand it or read the closed captions, it doesn't make sense. He's just there to make silly faces at the camera (literally, that's what he does when he's not talking) and say blatantly false things to get people like us talking and maybe tune in again next time. I sure wish they'd try to make themselves better instead of worse.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    as the great bugs bunny said..... what a maroon. :hehehe: :cool:

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    What a nin-cow-poop :lolol:

16. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This is the same baffoon that claimed Shickey was the snitch on the whole Saints bountygate or what ever the media calls it.

17. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Why do you let a fat guy upset you?
    Not worth your time.

18. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He will not be employed by the NFL network for very much longer. he just talks and has nothing but personal views that he reports. #empty suite

19. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Sapp was a Great DL in his day. The NFL Network likes to employ former great players for their "insight" into the game. They mostly employ the guys with some camera savvy and oratory skills. Most of these guys have taken some sort of media or communication courses.

Sapp is a guy who lacks all these skills plus he has no integrity. On twitter he announced he just learned shockey was the snitch. First off he probably got his info from inside folks at the network and was not meant to be broadcast. He used the word snitch to insite a wave of animosity towards schockey. Unprofessional to say the least.

His opinions mean little to me. I've lost respect for the network for keeping him around unless they contractually have to. Also remember sapp was "suspended" prior to the SB for ???????..... bad conduct.

I'll be glad when he's off the network.

Cajun-

20. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  21. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    lol...EXACTLY what I was going to type!

22. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    casey hampton?

23. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I like it when the analysts pick against the Steelers. This is always great motivation for the locker room. And people should be picking the Ravens over the Steelers after last year's performances. The Steelers have to prove this year that they are a legit playoff team.

24. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Dats cold dar