1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Warren RB 1

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Warren has already taken over the third down work. Harris will be put on the shelf before long. This whole thing is Tomlin being stubborn to sit Harris due to injury. He said “he is healthy enough to play so I will let him speak to that” Wtf, he may be healthy enough to play but he isn’t healthy enough to be effective.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    All these fans think Warren is better than Harris, we will see when Warren runs the ball on early downs, and faces a stacked box.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Not so fast with the Warren is RB #1

• Like Like x 2
  4. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    What about when I need a blow? I wish I had #30 with a bump ready for me.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yep. Throw him the ball, hot read, whatever, throw more run less with him.

6. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    yeah, let's see if Warren sinks or sails on the good ship Canada.

I'm guessing its primarily mental with Harris now. He's missing the holes when they are there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Not so fast. I want Warren to become the #1 as well but Harris is Tomlin's boy. I do feel Warren will get extra snaps on first and second down and see how it goes. If he excels and Harris is doing a jig I feel Tomlin will have no choice.

Harris won't be benched and I do believe his foot is still bothering him. But his lack of vision, the dancing and blaming everyone else for his below average display is not a positive.

8. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    We hopefully shall see, but all these fans think that Warren can do no worse than Harris.

9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    This is why I hated using the first round pick on Harris. Not just hindsight of him not living up to the selection, but because he would have to be SPECIAL to make it worth it. You can find guys all over the draft and in FA that can be effective runners. We just didn't have the OL ready to help him succeed and he hasn't been able to crate the opportunity on his own. He is a talented player, he just lacks confidence right now. I would split the carries more, but I would hate to bench him. Only bench him if you're planning on making a move on RB next year ad cutting Harris. Otherwise we'd do well to make him think that we believe in his talent and then fix the OL and see what we have when the OL and offense as a whole is better than it is now.

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  11. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    "When" in the hell did that come from?

I'll do you one better, why in the hell did that come from?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2