1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrant out for Suttons arrest

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Wonder if we can get him back on a Vet minimum

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The guy went missing for weeks and immediately got his charges reduced. I guess that's what money can do.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Probably has something to do with it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I had the same thought. Hell, they signed Vick, so it's tough to say they shouldn't take a moral stand on Sutton. He struggled in the Lions' defense last season, but he has shown he can play well in the Steelers' scheme.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Vick served time and so much more. He shouldn't be considered in what you're trying to push.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    What am I trying to push? Your response isn't very clear.

Vick is a terrible person. He tortured and brutally killed dogs for his amusement. There is something very wrong with a person who could do that. I don't care what image rehab he did after prison. He's a bad guy.

Sutton may be one, too, but that hasn't stopped the Steelers in the past. They also stuck by Harrison after he assaulted the mother of his child, not to mention sticking with Roethlisberger. Of course, they were much better players than Sutton. I brought up Vick because they brought him in after his misdeeds while Roethlisberger and Harrison had their issues after they were already on the team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    You clearly don't know anything about Vick. You clearly have no idea how many dogs he actually killed. You clearly don't know about Vick turning himself in and what he told the police to do to him.

You also have no idea how some people are raised, as well forgiveness for people who change.

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I read his excuses about how he was raised. I read a lot about who he is and what he did, so kindly take that notion that I'm speaking from ignorance and stick it somewhere uncomfortable. We are all shaped by how we are raised, but we can choose to be better than those influences. I know that from what I've seen others do and from my own experiences. The level of cruelty a human being has to have in them to do what he did is inexcusable. You are entitled to believe he changed. I don't buy the image rehab.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Without going into details, i had a bad childhood also. I still turned into an ok person, but far from perfect. I've done things as an adult that I'm not proud of, as I'm sure most people have. What I have NOT done was blame my own flaws on my upbringing. I accept responsibility for my own actions without blaming them on my childhood. I'm sick of people trying to excuse their own misdeeds on the way they were raised. Vick is not responsible for his parents actions, and likewise they're not responsible for his. I'd be more willing to forgive Vick if he manned up and accepted responsibility instead of blaming his upbringing.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bring Sutton back on a vet minimum deal.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Sounds like you didn't read much. Because you lack in knowing him taking himself in weeks before and saying they can go ahead and put him in jail. As well you lack how many he killed. And that he took the hit for his family and friends.

Vick served more time than anyone else would have. We have so much worse of crimes that don't even get a day in jail. We have a ton of people who do dog fighting that just pay a $1,000 fine...... while Vick said to let him be fully punished.

Oh and let's not forget how much money and time he spends with doing animal charities now..... Vicks probably done more in a day than probably majority of us on this board.

16. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    He did accept who he was. He didn't blame anyone. Where did you get that? In fact he took the heart of his friends and family so they didn't have to a scratch of what he was punished with. Furthermore look into how much he has done for the animal community. And he continues to do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    So, this is why he turned himself in, as his lawyer had already made the deal that his client would turn himself in if they reduced the charges.

I wonder what kind of deal they made with the NFL? 8 game suspension?

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Did he make dogs fight? Yes. Did he kill dogs in inhumane ways? Yes.

Fawn over a man who tortured and brutally killed dogs all you want, but the rest of it is just PR.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    His excuse for his actions was that he was raised with it. That is blaming others.

20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    You do realize you’re arguing with a flat earther?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    This is not a support for Vick or excuses, but some are raised in cultures that are so ignorant that it makes those 'excuses' seem at least understandable. I accepted my first pastorate to a small church in the hills of Kentucky, I worked on the side for a propane company. When riding through the back roads I mentioned to my boss that there seems to be a lot of chicken farms. He looked at me like I was stupid and said those are fighting cocks. I looked at him and said, Huh? He explained to me the culture, the big weekend events, and yes even the constable and Sherriff would often be there placing bets. It sickened me, but it was so engrained in that culture and no one really seemed to care. IDK if it has changed much 40 years later, but if one was raised with that, accepted as a part of life, even as filthy as it is, I can at least understand how warped a mind can get.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly. It’s good he is using his position now to help them but I can’t forgive him or anyone that has killed and tortured dogs.

Sadly there are still many dog fighting rings in this country and around the globe, the people involved in them deserve nothing but misery.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Yep, no person here has ever killed an animal in their life.

GTFOH.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    I have a feeling 98% of your students were

BORED TO DEATH.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011