1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Warmack back in the mix?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by antennaman1969, Apr 5, 2013.

1. antennaman1969

antennaman1969 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
  2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  4. steelfan

steelfan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Given how Cooper's stock seems to be rising up the boards and there seems to be no consensus can't-miss prospects in this draft, it seems that, of the two, Warmack is more likely to be there at 17. I wouldn't mind Warmack but the preference is Cooper. I just hope that Tavon Austin isn't the choice. He's too small and too much like the receivers they already have. I think the guards will go higher this year than in other years because of the lack of stars. GO STEELERS!

5. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    warmack is the most sure thing in this draft. i am telling you this kid is a beast. he is just not a left tackle. he is nasty and loves to pancake defensive players.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Nobody likes Alabama players more than I do (most NFL ready available)Thank you
    Nick Saban, but I feel the Steelers have spent way too much thruout the years on OL talent
    with poor results, now the jury is still out on Double D and Pouncey. Although Pouncey seems to get
    alot of accolades I am not so sure he deserves them? That being said I, I think the Steelers will go
    safety in first round, of course just my opinion.How do you explain Beachum? undrafted yet
    will probably be starter in his second year? Better production than Adams/Gilbert 2 high draft choices?

7. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    really hope to be hangin with Mr Cooper

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    We really need to be focused on areas other than the O-line in the 1st round - unless one of the big 3 left tackles lands in our lap by surprise. We have (2) 1st rounders and (2) 2nd rounders up front, and 3 of those guys are at the early stage in development. I'm not sure that adding another interior O-lineman helps us as much as addressing other roster deficiencies.

9. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    A played pretty well for a rookie last year. The run game jumped like 8 spots while he was starting and then slowly fell back down after he got hurt. Pounceys problem is he can't stay healthy other then that he is good. I want to see what Gilbert can do on the left side

10. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I would be ecstatic if Warmack landed in our laps, but I doubt it. Then again I doubted it with DeCastro, however, I think Warmack is even better than DeCastro. Proof is in the pudding. Warmack was the most talented player on the most talented O-line in the country.

I would be less thrilled with Cooper. His measurables might be better than Warmack, but Warmack is a dominant beast up front. You want a better run game, you go get Warmack.

I still HIGHLY doubt if both of them are there that we take one. I want OLB but wouldn't be shocked if we go S.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Beachum was drafted in the 7th round and I don't think he will start. The Steelers re-signed Foster and Beachum will be the top backup.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Warmack is a road-grader if he's still there at #17 they should draft him. In the 2nd round draft Eddie Lacy then the Steelers could get back to some ground and pound football like Art Rooney II wants.