1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ward as a raven

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm guessing... you're talking about as a business move, he still wants to play, if the ravens were the only team to call him.. I get that if that's what you're saying..

I only brought up what Thig said as in... if T.O can go to Dallas then don't be surprised if you see Hines go to the Rats. He was thinking that was a big deal since T.O was in Philly..I only said it wasn't a big deal because he was only there for a year, and what swann_88 said about him standing on the cowboys star, raising his hands with the ball til he got decked. That's where the Dallas hate came from. ( I forgot about that )

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    What have I created here???

3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    My 2 cents on this is that Ward will have to make a team and I'm not so sure that he could do that at this point in his career. I don't see him making a team on name alone, he will have to show some skills and abilities and he is at a distinct disadvantage against so many young, fast, and talented WR's out there who have everything to prove. He has lost more than a step and he has had a few major blows to the head. For everyone that say Hines is such a great mentor, I would agree with that to a point. He seems to be able to teach the young guys the finer points of WR blocking, but beyond that, what has he taught the young guns? I don't see a lot of good movement when the play breaks down. The routes are not particularly crisp. Our young WR's don't seem to fight for the ball like they should. Not to mention the public trashing that Hines has been known to do of his teammates. I appreciate his contributions over the years, but let's be real. Hines will struggle to make a team and if he does make a team, he'll be 4th or 5th WR and won't see much action, let alone become a threat against the Steelers. The only thing it would do is taint his legacy and cause folks to question his decision making.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm not the one who started the thread talking about Ward as a Raven. :roll:

5. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Anyone who thought he might ever be a Raven needs to admit they know Jack Squat about Hines Ward.

It's not like another player and another team. He would die first.

I honestly think if you asked him if he'd rather sweep the Ravens and go 2-14 or be swept by them and go 14-2, it would be very difficult for him to answer. It doesn't make him immature, but his passion for beating the Ravens is greater than his passion for winning. I'm surprised so many people didn't know that.