1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ward as a raven

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Mar 2, 2012.

1. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If there are stories, I'm sure they are nothing but opinions.

2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I know its not offical or anything but some people reporting it could be a possibility. I was just wondering what everyone thought. everything is an opinion until league year starts right?

3. cutrale

cutrale Member

Oct 28, 2011
    It would break my heart to see Hines in a Ravens uniform.......but as they say... a man has to do what a man has to do. The Steelers are showing him no respect, so why shouldn't he play for someone who does?

4. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... the-ravens

“I think he’d love to play in Baltimore," Bouchette told a Pittsburgh radio station. "I don’t think he’s thinking of legacies right now."

The author says "I don't see the Ravens signing Ward. Even with the expected release of Lee Evans, I can't see the Ravens bringing in Ward because they already have a possession receiver in Anquan Boldin and they want to keep getting faster at wide receiver. And I can't see the Ravens welcoming Ward in the locker room after all of those blindside shots on safety Ed Reed."

I think Bouchette is right about Ward not thinking about legacies but I think he is wrong about Ward ending up as a Raven for the same reasons that the author thinks it won't happen.

5. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    After reading Hines thank you / farewell letter he didn't sound disrespected. He had nothing but kind words for everybody. If he sounded pissed off then I could see him playing in the North.

6. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't think he was disrespected either. He knows this is a business and the numbers juts don't add up.

However I don't think him being respected or not has anything to do with him playing in the AFCN. I think he'll make the decision that is right for him regardless of the team(s) that want him.

7. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

I could see him going to the bengals or browns since they weren't much of a rivalry because they both sucked for most of Hines career as a Steelers.( would mean playing in Pitts too) But going to the ravens would be a kick in the teeth to both the pitts organization and to the fans, since they're our #1 rivalry. ( Hines is old school he wouldn't go there) The only way I would see the rats throwing out an offer to Hines is to get some inside info, then they cut him.( ultimate insult to the guy they hate the most) Since we have a new OC , that really wouldn't work since Hines doesn't know what Haley is going to bring. There's really no inside info on the offense.

Comparing T.O going to one of Philly's biggest rivalry's is a bad example since T.O wasn't in Philly as long as Hines was in Pitts. T.O is only about himself there's no loyalty in that clown he only goes where the money is. Since he got cut from Philly, had a chip on his shoulder from the cut, having some inside info on Philly, and had more years left in him than what Hines has now, Dallas grabbed him.

It wouldn't make any sense for Hines to sign with the Rats, there's no negative payback here.

8. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Not sure what Hines being "old school" has to do with his loyalty to a team that just released him. If he still wants to play and Baltimore makes him an attractive offer, there is no doubt in my mind that he would at least consider going there... not for negative payback but for the chance to do what he loves to do.

My comment about TO had nothing to do with how long he was in Philly. It had to do with the opinion of the players.

9. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't ever see it happening ( i don't feel it) maybe Hines could explain it better, maybe I'll tweet him to get his opinion about ever playing for the rats lol If he ever did go there and we met in the AFC finals..maybe he'll help us by fumbling a few and knocking the ball out of Rices hands :-D we'll send him in there as a spy

10. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok so I just tweeted Hines the question and he said and I quote " F**k no!!! I couldn't live with myself playing with those arseholes"

so I guess that settles it

11. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Wonder how he would feel if they were the only team to make him an offer.

12. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What I meant as in old school he's a steeler he hates the ravens he'll stick with hating the ravens.( offer or no offer) What he had going on with them became personal, guys were getting carted off the field. I doubt he would want to retire as a raven, doesn't matter what they offer. ( that's me anyway) you think differently .

I'm saying T.O going to Dallas from Philly means nothing he was in Philly for only 1 season, he didn't plant his roots there. Hines 14 seasons, there's a huge difference in opinions. You have to find the reasons for their opinion. Just saying they'll go from one place to another without a reason doesn't tell the whole story.

If he gets a call from the Ravens it'll probably be Suggs and Lewis crank calling him. lol

13. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    You're missing my point about TO. Everyone in Philly hated TO when he was in Dallas but when he came to Philly and helped them get to the Super Bowl, they loved him. It had nothing to do with how long he played in Dallas, it had everything to do with the uniform he was wearing.

14. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Came from Dallas? He originally came from SF

He was in Philly before he went to Dallas.. Philly 2004-2005.. Dallas 2006-2008

15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    That's brilliant - do you have a link at all?

16. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think you will wait forever for a link. Even if Hines thought this, there's no way he'd ever leave a record of it now. Hines is a lot of things, but stupid ain't one of them. He's not gonna burn any bridges at this point. He wants to play, he knows his options are limited and beggars can't be choosers.

17. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Ok, so when he was in Philly, Dallas hated him and when he went to Dallas they loved him.

Better?

18. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
  19. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    the Hines tweet to me self destructed 30 secs after I read it, he didn't want it to hit the media :)

yeah cus then it brings us back to why I said it wasn't a big deal for him to go to Dallas, he was in Philly for 1 season not 14 like Hines. T.O was all verbal, Hines was verbal and very physical. You don't bring that into your locker room. Maybe the fans would accept him more than his teammates, who he's been at war with for the past 14 years.

20. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Thats awesome! :clapping:

21. Nah85

Nah85 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

google.com

It's amazing.

:swordsman:

22. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Dallas hated him because of the way he showed off on their centerfield star as a 49er nothing to do with his time in philly at all

23. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    My point is still being missed. I give up.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't care who Ward signs with he won't come back and torch the Steelers with big plays and stats beccause he's washed up.

25. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Or make a tender on Wallace.

Cincy on the other hand would be smart to tender Wallace, they would have 2 excellent Wide outs and knock us down a bit for 2012.[/quote:izxuca4m]

You guys need to be careful with this kind of loose information. Don't you know that teams like the Ravens do all their scouting on the Steeler fan message boards. I guess AZ would be in that conversation, also!