1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Walter football

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steel1031, Mar 31, 2017.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I really like Watson. He's a winner and a competitor. I expect him to go well before #30 but I would not be happy if we took him. We need to go for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree. I do not want a QB in the 1st at all. I want a guy who can help the defense in 2017. However, if we did take a QB in the 1st, he's the one I'd want. He impressed the hell out of me on college football's biggest stage 2 years in a row.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    If he turns out to be the BPA of all BPA options, I would not mind myself.

Granted... he is quite the conundrum given his superb 2015 to his eyebrow raising 2016 season but is a proven winner regardless.

Again... assuming he is the last of the best. Otherwise, spend thay pick to boost the pass defense.

5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He's proven that the BIG STAGE is not too big for him and has also raised the level of play of his teammates in college football's biggest game. He's also one of the highest character guys coming out this year. He's the best leader of all the QBs coming out. If he's there at 30, the Steelers ought to run to the podium!

6. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    You got to like Walter. He constantly has Watson going in the first, but he absolutely refuses to list him in his top 100 players in the draft. And its not an oversight, as he's updated the list numerous times and half the comments are that he isn't there.

That being said, if we take a qb in the first, and it's one of the top 4 guys, then I won't be upset. But for some reason I think we may take Jarred Davis. Call it a hunch.

7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Watson will be off the board no later than the 13th pick, there are 4 teams who need a franchise QB with in those 13 picks....

8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Really haven't seen much regarding Watson or Trubisky, although I know we've scouted them. I know we've shown interest in Kizer, and had a heavy presence at his Pro Day. And we have a private workout with Mahommes, as per Behind the Steel Curtain. I would think Mahommes is heavy on our radar.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    a couple of big games does not make a qb. watson has some clunkers too under the lights. he has had a very good team around him too. he throws a lot of picks and that was in college, don't think nfl corners and safeties won't make life a lot rougher on him under these big lights. i do like trubisky, peterman, kizer, mahomes and terrell along with watson. there are others that are pretty good too. russell, liufau when he's on, bethard and a host of others that brought along the right way with our talented team will do well. i'm not ruling out LJ and met either if they started getting all the reps down the road with our talent. :cool:

10. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I struggle to see how Kizer is considered a better prospect than Watson.

Most Notre Dame fans would agree with me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    that was college and the talent around them. coaching too. kizer if you watched much of him was quite good. the right situation with the right coaching will make many of these guys better. i don't see a huge difference in any of them. how will they adjust to coaching and nfl differences will make or break them. watson lost focus last year in several games and they just had more talent to pull games out. the head has to match the arm in the nfl. coaching making it to the field. consistency. a lot more to it than beating an over rated alabama team in one game. :cool:

12. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Overrated? OK... the CBS/NFL Draft Scout rankings have 7 players from Alabama's defense in their Top 100 overall prospects, including 2 in the Top 10. That's one college defense - 7 Top 100 players, 2 Top 10 players, and another (Humphrey) at 19. I'm sure you'll find similar results pretty much anywhere else. Saying that the Alabama defense was overrated is nonsense.

13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    ohio state did that sort of thing too for years. they have 6. when they hit the pros they were not quite the same on there own. good but nothing like when they were all together. when you can bring the biggest fastest thugs together like bama does and beat up on inferior teams you get handed a lot more than is deserved. two out of three years bama got exposed. remember the super star cardell jones. he couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c and the t but he could beat bama. SEC is over rated. :cool:

15. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    :rolleyes:

16. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    So if i mocked...

1 Watson QB
    2 Kpassagnon DT
    3 Noah Brown WR
    4 Duke Riley LB

It would be insane...

So Walterfootball is worthless.

17. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    The only QB I want in rd 1 is Trubisky and only if he drops to us. He'd sit the next couple years and would really prove what a smart decision it was to take him.

Watson, I like him a lot and think he's a real high character guy but he scares me. Any other year he'd be a 2nd pick.
    No way I'd take him rd 1, I think he may be a bit over rated. He has a lot of things to clean up to be a franchise QB.

Cajun

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah let's draft a QB in round one so he can sit the bench for three years :facepalm:.

19. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    The main reason the Packers are even considered a top team now and the past 9 yerars is because the packers drafted him at the end of the 1st rd where he dropped then sat for 3 years behind Favre. They had other needs but Couldn't pass on him as they believed one day he'd be their franchise QB.

Cajun-

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    All teams boards will be out of whack, somebody has to drop/climb (IF)
    these QB's come off in the first round. Every body talks about BPA
    well a lot of these teams aren't so fortunate and have to draft for need.
    Should be interesting to see what Steelers do. Will they stand pat
    and let their man go or will they make deals?

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly Cajun, really people need to think out of the box.
    Ben will be gone sooner, than you can blink. If the Steelers feel that they have
    a franchise QB in front of them, they should go all in. Yes the Steelers have
    defensive deficiencies, couldn't cover anybody in the AFC championship game.(Great game plan MT) But to pass on a possible franchise QB? In two years this draft choice will be locked and loaded to perform. We will not sink to a 6-10 team, we have RELOADED.

22. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Makes sense but Watson is not that QB... As Walter has picked..

23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    None of these QBs are on Aaron Rodgers level either.

24. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    99% of the NFL didn't think Aaron Rodgers was on Aaron Rodgers level or he would have gone at the top of the first round and not the bottom. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Such a hard position to evaluate because of the jump it takes to play at the NFL level.

Check out what these scouts said about Rodgers :facepalm:

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/203116571.html