1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wallace

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by nitrous12, Jan 5, 2012.

1. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We haven't had a Wallace thread in a while so I thought I would start one since I am starting to hear/see more ?s about him surface from the media.

I have had mixed feelings on this guy from day one. I love and root for his success since it contributes to that of the team. But from listening to his mush mouth interviews since his rookie season I have had an easy feeling about his character. Its not so much that I see him as an arrogant prick or anything, but something there has made me question if he has the moxy to be a player that focuses on going above and beyond to physically and mentally prepare to contribute to the team.
    Some may argue that the drop off in his numbers recently are a direct result of Bens inability to connect, which is certainly true as it relates to the long ball. But are those missed opportunities getting into his head in a negative way that impacts the rest of his game?
    -Are we seeing Wallace becoming jealous of Browns success?
    -Is he really getting shut down with double coverage?
    -Is it BAs fault? (sorry had to throw that one in)
    -Is he really just still a one trick pony and not getting the deep balls cuz of the option above and/or Ben being a bit off on those lately?

Curious what others think. I would love to see this offense finally click, but something tells me the splash plays are going to continue come from Brown. Whether that is coming from Wallaces success or failure will likely be a debate with no end.

2. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think it goes both ways, Wallace is not making millions of dollars.......yet. So I can't see why he'd be discouraged or tank it just yet. Although he is being double covered which allows Brown to be open. If brown was doubled, youd expect Wallace to get more targets then. Its just how it works, although I do believe Brown is a more complete reciever then Wallace.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    To me Wallace is like FWP, he has the extra gear, but that is all he has. Its not like he has the full package you get in Ward or other HOF type WR's.

It bothers me Wallace likes to run under deep balls and not fight for the ball at its highest point. He has added the quick slant to his game, but he still has ways to go...

4. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't know?It seems Wallace is going through the motions.He does'nt look like he's focused out there.Why? I don't know?

5. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I seen an interview with him and Brown and i think it was our monday night game. He seems like he is a little arrogant and he's always barking at the other team and begging for calls from the referees. I am on the fence with Wallace right now. He seems like he's turning to the "dark side" sort of speak. Reading his press clippings and complaining all the time on the field. I don't think he will be a distraction like Santonio or Desean Jackson but i think he's turning. Only time will tell.

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think wallace can become great if he wants to.....now if he wants to is beyond me