1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wallace signing <False Alarm>

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Re: Wallace signs <Not Yet Confirmed>

Hell no! No deleting. We can't just act like this thread didn't happen!

2. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

I say keep it and let's discuss the numbers that were thrown out there for his signing.

3. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011

i'm guessing it'll be between 7 and 8 a year

4. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Making a mistake over if he signed is one thing, but where did those numbers come from. This makes me think that a deal is so close and they just have not crossed the t's and dotted the i's Just Sayin!! :hmmm:

5. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

I was kind of thinking the same thing but had a hard time putting it into words for the board. A deal will be done soon I think/hope ;)

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Alright, thanks for the input guys. I changed the title to save future visitors from a heart attack. As others have mentioned, we might as well discuss the numbers of the false report.
    That's what I've long thought, too. Something like 5 years at $36 or $37...in that ballpark anyway.

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Here's more of what we already know...

[​IMG]

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    maybe mike wallace is now going to coach the team and mike tomlin will now play wr since he got the new deal and can be in camp on time. at least that's what i heard. :cool:

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    In hind sight, if it ain't on Steelers.com, I'd wait to believe it.

10. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I've been thinking all week that a deal will be made right before TC start tomorrow

11. kakhatesmortgages

kakhatesmortgages Well-Known Member

May 6, 2012
    If no long term deal is made by the start of camp, does anyone think he might sign for that original tender amount and still come in to camp..........obviously with the hopes of further negotiating a long term deal?

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I would like to think so, but that is Wallace's decision and I'm no mind-reader. I'd do it, but that's me.

13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    :roflmao:

Don't let Wexell hear this, he'll have it posted on twitter in no time.

14. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    For the first time, I am now getting a feeling of dread regarding this contract situation. If they can't get it done before camp opens up, I think the Steelers are going to dig in, and Wallace will be a long-term holdout. He can hold out until Week 10 before he has to sign his tender and then he would still be a UFA next year.

I hope he atleast reports to Latrobe today. I will be extremely dissapointed if he does not.

15. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I'm with you on this one steelcity. I've been thinking all along that a deal would get done before TC starts. Still crossing my fingers to hear something today!! If a deal does not get done quickly i also believe he could be a long term hold out. I hope we are wrong but it's not looking to good right now. :praying:

16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I wish I could do this. I wouldn't be in Japan if I could.

Hey, I don't like the terms of my enlistment even though I signed for 4 years. I'm holding out for a better duty station.

That would be sweet! Imagine how crippled the armed forces would be!

17. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    They better bury him on the depth chart if he tries to come back in W10. Maybe let him carry the tray with the Gatorade cups ...

18. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Which is probably why his agent floated this rumor to begin with :hehehe:

19. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I always consult with gpguy about impending contracts getting signed. He nailed the DeCastro signing a few days ago before the announcement was made (sort of like this thread only he was right). He then proceeded to give me the winning lottery numbers for Tuesday night's drawing. I'm heading to the lottery office this morning to pick up my check. Gpguy - what do you hear about this impending signing? P.S. thanks again for those numbers.

20. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I have a BAD feeling about this if a contract isn't signed by 4PM.

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i always have had a bad feeling about it. that week 10 signing thingy, really hurts teams and that part of the cba really stinks. 6 weeks should not equal a season.

bottom line, there is only so much money we have to spend and 2 mil. of that has to be kept back for an injury signing. again , no mendy and no wallace equal half the teams TD's on the season. :shrug: :cool:

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think it gets done, too much chatter going on for it not to.

23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Is exactly why I am not overly concerned....BA Loves the Zone scheme and speedy WR'S ......As a result Mendanhall and Wallace where made focal points of the Offense and Teams new it and we scored closer to the bottom of the league than we did to the top....

Football is a Team game and a Mans game when you get inside the Redzone is the time to man up....Use your bigger,stronger,Big Heart type of guys.....No previous stats can indicate how much the use of such guys will increase the success rate.....

My years of experience lead me to believe a huge upgrade .....The use of a stronger stategy with more diversion will do wonders....We will get that by making the run game get North and South that will create space for Miller,Brown, and Cotchery.....All of these guys are better route runners than Wallace and IMO they all have bigger Hearts....Meaning they will fight harder for every blade of grass and they will fight harder to get open.....Of coursethey don't have the speed of Wallace ,but as stated speed has a lot less value when the field gets short.....

I really believe our best chance to score the ball comes from a 2 TE/2WR/2 RB set.....To me that is perfect balance as now we have plenty of run options and plenty of pass options and the PA pass is now a real threat....MIller and Saunders can be beast at the GL....Brown and Cotchery are both pretty precise route runners ,so it makes sense this should be our main GL package.....Very similar to the Pats GL package and how they use Gron and Hernandez.....IMO our package is stronger because Brown id deadly in space thus forcing the D to play up his way and Redman has more power than BGE......Thus forcing them to committ Safety help in the box....All of which leads to 1 on 1 vs. the TE'S and why they can be devastating at the GL......

We need a Offense that forces the D into a fist fight we want them swinging with all they got this is when we will knock them out.....It is not our style or build to get cute points and wait on the judges decision at the end.....I am ready for a scheme that will allow our guys to win those 1 on 1 battles and when they do we will have plays called that exploit those wins.....

If Wallace is not going to get into camp we have plenty of fire power to move on without him.....

24. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't think he will get 8 mill a year anyhow. We have to think about Brown next year too

25. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Hahaha.....

Let me consult with myself and get back to you on this one!