1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wallace Rumor ?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Tdot Steeler Fan, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    There is a rumor going around on Twitter that if the Broncos land Peyton Manning they are going to part ways with their 1st round pick and sign Wallace. Anyone else heard of this ? Ironic to see how Manning signing affects teams not even interested in him. If Denver does go forth with this it would give us back to back picks if Im not mistaken.

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I just heard Mayock say that's what he WOULD do if he was Denver. Didn't hear anything about Denver doing it.

3. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  4. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Beat me to it. :thumbs_up:

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Until Manning/etc sign...this will be a continued rumor...team A signs Manning and needs a WR they look at Wallace...the end.

6. bigdaddyK

bigdaddyK Well-Known Member

Feb 29, 2012
    He is better of playing for Miami hecouldmake them a real threat. Very good online solid running game and defense.

7. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I seem to remember that Denver had one of te best running attacks in the league last year and that is an indication that their o-line is pretty good. Denver is a far landing spot for Manning than Denver. Easier division for one. Also Denver's defense is pretty good to.

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i just saw manning looking at SF as a suprise landing spot. :cool:

9. bigdaddyK

bigdaddyK Well-Known Member

Feb 29, 2012
    If Peyton ends up in Denver he will have what decker and thomas as his wr an aging mcghee I dont think they will win there divison. chiefs getting healthy raiders have alot of talent and chargers well you know.

10. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Bronco's have a good defence, a good running game, and a stud of a WR in Demaryius Thomas, and a pretty good WR in Decker. I think the Broncos will win their division.

11. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    just because Thomas had a game against us i wouldnt call him a STUD lol

12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Thomas was a stud WR long before he had a good game against us. He was the 1st WR drafted for a reason. He was a stud in college on a team that primarily ran the ball. He lost his rookie year and half of his second year due to injuries, then he's had to rely on Tebow throwing him the ball, yet he's still put up numerous big games. The kid could be a top 5 WR in the league and perhaps will be if Manning goes to Denver. Unfortunately for him, he's likely to have Tebow throwing him the ball next year too, and that hurts his production, but he's got top 10 talent for sure. If he has Manning throwing him the ball, combined with actually having a full off season and pre-season to develop, look out, you'll see what this kid can really do.

13. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Part of one of that is now done and the rumor is swirling once again that Denver is interested in Wallace...

14. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Yep, Manning is a Bronco and now rumors are flying that Wallace would be a great weapon for him and they have money. Tebow seems to be on the trading block so please no-one start a tebow to steelers thread.

Cajun-

Edit: Lombardi seems to think Broncos will not go after Wallace for several reasons. Laconfora seems to think SF may still go after Wallace.

15. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :praying: :praying:

16. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :lolol: Good luck with that, guys!

5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

17. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm not going to start a thread... but I'm hearing he could be had for a 4th round pick. That's a steal. I would love him as a #2 QB, and situational wildcat/goal line threat. We saw this season how badly we need a #2

18. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    If you are willing and able to change the entire offense like Denver did last year. I don't want all the hoopla associated with him coming to the Burgh

19. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Here's another rumor on Mike Wallace. He goes to Denver. They have a boatload of money and nw Manning is in place. Also watch for them to sign Dallas Clark.

20. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    What ?? The #2 AND #3 we already have are both better QB's than Tebow. One of our existing WR's or backs could probably throw as good as Tebow to be a threat with trick plays if that's the primary reason you'd want him.

21. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Pretty funny you say a RB could throw as well as Tebow... He looked pretty good dropping passes over Ike's head all game in the playoffs.