1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wallace is Staying.......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Mar 13, 2012.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    There's been alot of WR FA signing today and it leaves basically two teams that could still get him, Cincy & NE. They have alot of their own FA to sign so don't look for them to go after Wallace.

Cajun-

2. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Makes me wonder how overrated Mike Wallace really is.....

3. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Overrated by who ? I think he already proved to the Steelers that he's worth keeping around and if no other teams extend an offer that means he stays and we don't have to pay him more than he's worth. Good problem to have in my book.

4. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :thumbs_up:

5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I don't think anyone will make an offer for Wallace. He's still fairly expensive, because to get him you have to make an offer that is so high the Steelers won't match AND you have to give up a 1st round pick. Plus you'll likely bid up the price for talent without acquiring any.

Worse case scenario for the Steelers: Wallace takes the tender offer of $2.whatever million, plays one year and becomes a UFA next year.

6. steelfan

steelfan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    If he doesn't get an offer by the end of the weekend, it wouldn't surprise me if he eventually signs his one year tender and plays out the season. The Steelers then need to determine which receiver they want to keep after next season as Brown will be a RFA and Wallace will be a UFA. I doubt they will keep both.

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    don't forget sanders is aRFA next year too. :cool:

8. steelfan

steelfan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    He has more to prove so he is easier to forget. He needs to be able to stay on the field most importantly. GO STEELERS!

9. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    I was hoping the Steelers would get a 1st Rd pick in the 20's. But, I guess teams were smart enough not to take the bait because Wallace is overrated, period. The only thing about Wallace is his speed and the NFL know that now. Play him bump and run and his effort will diminish quickly.

10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    No, worst case scenario... Mike develops a Vincent Jackson attitude and sits the first 10 games of the season. No indications that would happen, but that would definitely be worse.

11. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I got a worse scenario... Mike Wallace is scooped up by New England and goes on to win 5 Super Bowls with Tom Brady, averaging 1800 yards and 16 TDs per year. We use the draft pick on Mike Adams, who can't get on the field and is cut two years later.

12. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not so sure. They franchised welker and I heard their sites are on Danny Amendola (rams) which will cost them a 2nd round pick. Doubt they would be able to afford losing a 1st rounder as well plus sign wallace to a long term deal.

13. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Just the worst case scenario. I don't think it will happen.

14. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    I was hoping the Steelers would get a 1st Rd pick in the 20's. But, I guess teams were smart enough not to take the bait because Wallace is overrated, period. The only thing about Wallace is his speed and the NFL know that now. Play him bump and run and his effort will diminish quickly.[/quote:3ic1sd56]
    It took them 3 years to figure out he was fast?? :lolol:

Go ahead and play him bump and run. Nothing bad will happen. :roflmao:

15. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The Dolphins just inexplicably traded Brandon Marshall away for peanuts.

Makes you think that they've got something up their sleeve.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    where did you get the picture of my wife? :-( :cool:

17. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    I wouldn't rule out SF just because of Moss. I have no idea if they planned to get Wallace or not, but I think that Moss is not even a sure thing to catch 10 balls this year. Even if he works out, they could still use another. Smith thrives in an open offense, and since they just lost Morgan, they basically have one starting caliber WR... and he struggles a lot sometimes.

18. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Marshall can be a royal pain so I can see why they did that.

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i wouldn't rule cleveland out yet either. :cool:

20. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    lol. cleveland: where football players go to die.

21. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think this is a good read. I'm hoping the 1st round pick is too high a price for the remaining suitors. Also, Colston and Garcon got huge paydays so if Wallace were to sign elsewhere, his number would have to be around $40 mil.

22. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    He's too expensive at this point. I'm more worried about losing him next year.

I'm even more worried than that of losing Brown, who I do think will generate interest when his time comes, and it's coming soon. We need to get Brown signed long term this upcoming season to save us in the long term.

I think Wallace's agent is going to have him hold out long term.
    Sanders becomes our sacrificial lamb, next year, to save Wallace and Brown long term.

23. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Holding out could really backfire on him. Considering his drop off the second half of the season, I'd think you would want to play your ass off to show the league what you're worth.

24. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I was hoping the Steelers would get a 1st Rd pick in the 20's. But, I guess teams were smart enough not to take the bait because Wallace is overrated, period. The only thing about Wallace is his speed and the NFL know that now. Play him bump and run and his effort will diminish quickly.[/quote:eiukendk]

Nah I don't think so bud. Still very young with plenty of upside.

25. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    In my bedroom.... :roflmao: not!