1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wallace is GONE!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Badboy212, Feb 22, 2012.

1. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Seriously... Ask Ladarius Webb if Brown can stretch the field. I think Brown is more "quick" than Wallace is, and a better route runner, and Wallace's speed helped open up the underneath for Brown but I think he's definitely capable of going deep.

2. jsinohio

jsinohio Member

Oct 18, 2011

That was tongue in cheek sarcasm - sorry. As you can see, I agreed completely with PWP's post...I believe both Brown & Sanders can indeed stretch the field...apparently there are many that don't.

3. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Honestly I'm not even sure it's that important. There's plenty of NFL WR's that will beat single coverage deep, Brown and Sanders being two of them.

If we were going to get another receiver though I'd rather have a big strong possession guy in the Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, type mold... Obviously guys of that caliber don't grow on trees but I'm saying that style, more than a burner.

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011

Well, any time, really. You can state how much you love playing for a club just about any time.

I'm not saying they've committed some kind of moral travesty by doing it - just that I tend not to read too much into players saying they "want to stay" around contract renewal time.

5. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Something to think about....IF Wallace bails does this mean Cotchery becomes the #3 and stays for a while?

6. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    We still have to contend with Browns contract next year and if Wallace goes we will have to pay 2 first rounders. We'll sign Jerricho Cotchery in the slot possibly keep ward for Min. salary and lock up Antonio B. sometime in the near future.

7. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The sad thing about that is when you get a great one it takes them 2-3 years to learn the offense and then when they have their breakout they become free agents.( Wallace) I think rookies should not be eligible for at least 5 years before they can bolt so the drafting team that trains them get some use out of em.

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Given how deep the FA market if for receivers, I can't see Cotchery getting a better offer. And, as I've said (along with a few others here), he's shown a great ability to latch in with Ben's play.

9. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I will agree, Ben and Cotchery seemed to be on the same page last season.

10. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Wallace isnt going anywhere colbert said as much in the usa today.

11. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    O.K. My head is spinning. I just finish reading a thread entitled "Wallace a Steeler for life" and now I'm Reading one entitled, "WALLACE IS GONE!".

Is there any way for him to be both?

12. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Colbert said with the ben deal they have what they need for wallace. Im guessing through all the talk with his agent he said its going to take x amount to keep wallace here. Colbert said this with a huge smile. Im guessing he wouldnt say anything if he wasnt sure.

13. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I hope he doesn't turn around and have a post contract year like Woodley and Timmons had.