1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wallace is crazy - wants more than Fitzgerald

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelByDesign, Mar 22, 2012.

1. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Apparently the Niners inquired about Wallace but were scared off because he wants 120 mil. The following article speculates either he really wants that much, or that he's close to a deal with the Steelers, and is intentionally scaring off other teams... I seriously doubt that. I was worried early last season when Wallace wrote on twitter "I'm on a money making mission"

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/20 ... ?ref=yahoo

If this is true, we got him 1 more year and then he's gone... At least he'll be highly motivated for 1 year.

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    You beat me to it. The thing that i dont like and this goes back to me questioning his work ethic is calls going unanswered and not hearing anuthing back. If any team gives him that money they are dumb.

3. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  4. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hopefully the claim is just speculation. Otherwise, it's a major head scratcher.

5. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Exactly why I wanted someone to grab him and get another 1st rounder in return. There are very few WR worth that kind of money and I don't want the Steelers to tie up tha kind of money for such a replacable position.

6. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    It makes me wonder if he's just wanting to hit the open market next season so there's a bidding war.

7. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And kind of why I said calling him a Diva wasnt that far off the mark...... :)

8. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Blame the media for filling Mikes head, as in he's the next Fitzgerald he's not even on the same planet as Fitz. Good luck with that Mike :wave:

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, that's a shocker coming from a member of the "young money crew". Memo to Wallace: you ain't Fitzgerald. :roll:

10. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    Wallace just tweeted "I love when haters hate!!#yadig"
    I tweeted back at him "Pittsburgh is a team first organization. Watch the @mvp86hinesward presser to see some class. #goodriddance"

Wallace is going to play highly motivated this season to hit the open market and might get close to Fitz money in free agency next year. Then he'll disappear. Guys that leave successful teams for crappy ones for huge money never pan out (see Sidney Rice in Seattle, Haynesworth in Washington, etc).

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't hate him, he's just not worth 120 mil. He's a little misguided.

12. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    If highly motivated means he'll actually go after balls not thrown directly into his hands then I'm in favor of it and he'll have a monster year. The next year I have two words for him. Buh Bye. He's good, but he's not worth that kind of money.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    that could work the other way too. he may play to not get hurt and wait to cash in somewhere else. teams caps go up next year and teams already know how fast he is. he's not going to put himself in harms way to catch balls if he thinks a hits coming. TRADE once the season starts if he doesn't go anywhere????? might as well get something for him. he's not our kind of player and they may send a message in round 1. :cool:

14. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

he just wrote "don't believe everything you hear" ( maybe as in asking for Fitz $$ ? )

https://twitter.com/#!/Wallace17_daKid

I'm thinking this could be his way of saying "if you're going to try and take me away from Pitts it's going to cost you!" Hopefully he's trying to scare teams away. ( unless they're dumb enough to pay that crazy amount)

15. southernsteeler

southernsteeler New Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I may be wrong, but I think its 2014 when the cap is going to go up (TV money). I believe next year will be similar to this year.....I may be wrong though.

Love Wallace, but he is no Fitz.

16. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    His latest tweet...

"Dnt believe everything u hear!"

17. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011

the problem for wallace is that also no team is beliving :lolol: :lolol:

18. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He's cocky but that goes with the wr position. I still want him on our team as he makes Brown and Sanders more dangerous getting single coverage. One more good year for him and then we can say good bye.

19. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    120 million for 8 years = pathetic.

Now I'm convinced no team will be interested in his services. Wallace will be mocked by his fans and enemies around the league with this allegation, that's for sure..

20. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Uh, no. FItz is the ultimate receiver and the best football player on his team. Wallace is a nice to have and maybe the 10th best football player on his team. IfWallace hits the opn mkt next yr, most he gets, even with the ridiculous contracts we are seeing, is 6 yrs, $50M with $22M guaranteed.

21. steelerdon

steelerdon Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Mike,Don't let the door hit you,were the good Lord split you.

22. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I love when rumors/"reports" like this come out. Especially when they are just that...rumors. Theres nothing to back any of this up...and if SF was told this...it could easily be a ploy. People need to relax and stop getting bent outta shape when crap like this comes out...until its a proven fact/etc...take it with a grain of salt and move on...

23. mort159

mort159 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It may be a rumor, but regardless it is very obvious he is asking for huge money or else someone would have signed him to an offer sheet or he would have resigned with us. Some players want the big pay day and some will take a fair deal to stay with a winner. We have seen this over the years time and time again. Then players regret taking the pay day, because it is not the same as staying in Pittsburgh. Wallace isn't a true Steeler, we shouldn't be surprised by this. Antonio Brown is and we will keep him. No worries.

The thing that makes me mad is it looks like we are letting him hold us hostage and not spend any money in hopes that with the money we have we could match an offer sheet or sign him to a new contract. This year more than most we have to fill some needs and have to add a quality free agent or two.

Mark my words, he won't come to camp or play this season for the 2.74 mill.

24. NM Steelers Fan

NM Steelers Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

I'm thinking the same thing. I don't think that he believes he's as good as Fitz, he's hopefully just trying to scare teams away. "fingers crossed"

25. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Nobody thinks this could be misinformation agreed to by the Steelers and Team Wallace to give them time to get a deal done? Interesting.