1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wait a sec...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jball, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Am I wrong, or does a knee not count as two feet when it comes to a completion?

James caught it cleanly, put a knee down, made a "football move" by diving towards the goal line, and at no time was any part of his body out of bounds. That's a completed catch. Posession should've been established.

In my eyes that's the same as catching a ball and running 60 yards downfield, diving across the goaline and the ball pops out of your hand when you hit the ground. Would that not be a touchdown? Hell, I guess it wouldn't be these days.

Posession was established, the ball broke the plane, end of story. We got ****ed!

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    yeah they got that wrong. They should have been reviewing whether it was a touchdown. Not a catch. OMG.

4. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Yeah, logic. Whatever. Nothing to see here. Move along sheep.

I'm sick of this.

5. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    You have to complete the catch regardless. The problem is that you cannot see the ball hit the ground. It was called a TD on the field so they have to see the bell hit the ground to overturn the call on the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Having the control to stretch the ball out, to me, is a football move.

They took away the two feet down rule. It’s a football move. I say if it’s not two feet, what’s to stop a player from catching it, running across the field, tripping on the hash Mark, and losing the ball when they hit the ground? The rule is total bull ****. There’s no balls and strikes respect given to the refs. They take all their camera angles and still get it wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Same thinge they did to the Jets. I'm not suprised.

Gee, I wonder what those 2 games had in common?

8. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Couldn't have been the same officiating crew?..

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Absolutely was the same exact bunch of Patriot joc...I mean, NFL referees.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Was talking to my buddy as this happened live, hes a Jet fan. We both called it.

Another gift for the Cheatriots.

That was 100% a catch. Had possession, didn't lose possession until he broke the plain and the ground jarred it loose.

11. steelamazing

steelamazing Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2015
    once James caught the ball, had possession, knee down, broke the plane with elbow down, at that given time it was a touchdown, overturning the call on the field was ludicrous

12. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
  13. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    At that point, it should have been a TD and the play is over. Utter BS from the refs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    In my eyes with no homer glasses, it was a TD because the ball crossed the plane in possession before it was a so called incomplete pass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    He caught it and changed direction with two feet. If that wasn’t the case they would have called a hold anyway.

16. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I said in a earlier thread that they the Cheatriots and that being the refs. And they left there mark by screwing out of a win. But it is what it is and I will not lose any sleep over this but I'm highly dissatisfied with that call.

17. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Actually, I just meant that both calls favored the Patriots. I believe the overturns come from the replay center in NY.

( a replay center named after my father-in-law of all things. Maybe I can get him to get me a tour so I can burn it down!)

• Like Like x 1