1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Visualize AJ McCarron as next Steeler Franchise QB..........................

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Jan 8, 2013.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    ..................well this selfishly has nothing to do with his skills at QB but rather that Miss Alabama would become a huge Steeler fan and join us on this MB in the near future. Sorry TTF - didn't want to bury this/her in the Draft Room. And I believe Brent Mussburger agrees!

[​IMG]

2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  3. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    LOL! Its crazy what women can do to a man. They can make a seasoned and respected guy like Brent Musberger sound like a blithering idiot on national TV.

[video=youtube;rPdjX4Kya7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPdjX4Kya7o[/video]

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I just know that TTF will soon relegate this thread this to a new non-Steeler talk room - probably "The Man Cave".

And speaking of Musberger - I believe I heard him describe a short pass play as a "Sha-wing Pass" later in the game. You know - after this Jimmy Johnson was inspired to begin shooting another Extenze commercial for all the old coot population.

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    im ok with him being our next qb if she comes too!
    btw is that his mom in the red????????????wowsers!!!!!!!

6. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Yes, red. The one with the big...
    Click on the link too. Yikes! We need those, I mean AJ in Pittsburgh.

DAJMI!!!!

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I believe they recently renamed the State bird in Alabama after her - the Red Double Breasted Mattress Thrasher. I also thought it strange when I read that she was very protective of AJ and nursed him until his Jr year in HS. What a Mom. Deserves a prominent tat for sure.

8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    they could be our first cheerleaders!!!!! and brent musberger could be our new announcer.

9. bobtx2us

bobtx2us Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :roflmao:Except that I can't stand Musberger!!

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011

Not sure about his play by play - but he sure can pick talent. I was a big fan of his last night - just hoping his partner didn't have to call 911.

11. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    They should just make him GM then.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Keeping it on the lighter side, can he (make ALL THE THROWS?)
    The very most important factor in becoming succesfull in the pro game.
    I know his coaching up to this point atleast in the college ranks
    is the best money can buy. Is he a legitimate pro QB?

13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011

OK - I suppose this is a football forum - but sizing up talent is all relative - Notre Dame allowed AJ to look like Brady and his running backs looked like twin Adrian Peterson's but keep in mind Pitt with the awful Sunseri at the helm took ND to 3 OT's and would have beat them but for a shanked short FG. Teo was also a no-show for most of the Pitt game as well. I know ND played a tough schedule but the way Pitt outplayed them for the most part in Southbend makes me question ND and whether they really should have been #1 going into the final BCS game even with that zero loss record. So- was AJ really playing the alleged best team in college FB on Monday night? I will say that the one foot in bounds college rule for receivers really drives me nuts even after watching college FB for over a half century. I'd say a relatively high percentage of Alabama's receptions were tight sideline passes that involved only one foot in bounds - obviously something that wouldn't work in the NFL. Therefore - you're right - AJ is a fraud (but his BFF and Mother are the real deals - well at least in our dreams). ;)

14. tbrucemom

tbrucemom Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    I beg to differ, Notre Dame had a pretty soft schedule and Alabama and AJ manhandled them. You can't compare college and NFL rules. So to answer your question Alabama did not play a #1 team and to contradict your last line AJ is not a fraud. Now will he make it in the NFL, that's a totally different question. There have been outstanding college QBs that couldn't cut it in the NFL and just above average college QBs that did well. And just to let you know I don't have a dog in this fight - I'm a FSU fan.

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The "fraud" part was spoken with tongue in cheek since many seem to agree that ND was not the best team going in, during or after the BCS championship game and the lasting impression that AJ's success in this game would translate into a successful NFL career is difficult to gauge. A similar final game performance and lasting impression against USC allowed Vince Young to score big pay-wise in the NFL but it never really materialized on the field. I still don't like the one foot rule in College ball especially since College ball and the NFL are so joined at the hip in so many other ways and it seemed that AJ used that right sideline one foot nuance to perfection on his rollouts.

I also have a similar dislike for the DH in the "junior league" of the MLB. (Whoa - here it comes - stand back!) :rolleyes:

16. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    While he could be a QB for us, I'm doubting we would be drafting our next franchise QB in this years draft. I just don't see a franchise QB sitting on the bench for 5 years. How long did Rodgers sit? Wasn't that long.

17. antennaman1969

antennaman1969 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I love how everyone thinks our guy has 5 more years left in the tank..at the current rate of horsecollar sacks and getting rolled up on, the clock is already ticking. Of course, best-case scenario, he has an epiphany, wakes up tomorrow, and heads for the film room. No one's gonna have to wait 5 years. The collection of steel-plated shoes, flak jackets, and broken parts is piling up.

18. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    funny how espn is apologizing for musberger's comments, and in their next breath they're offering mccarron's girl a photo shoot

19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'D wait 3 more years than we could have a chance at Johny football

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Brett Farve was sacked 525 times and played for 19 seasons
    John Elway was sacked 516 times and played 15 seasons
    Dave Krieg was sacked 494 times and played 18 seasons
    Randall Cunningham sacked 484 times and played 16 seasons
    Phill Simms was sacked 477 times and played 14 seasons

Ben has been sacked 344 times in 8 seasons. There is no reason to believe you won't get anything less then 4 more seasons and if he continues to take less sacks like he did this season, 5 more years is very likely.

21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Where was Mussberger when I needed that advice back in 7th grade?

22. antennaman1969

antennaman1969 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I hope you're right on the more seasons. He's gotta play smarter-reading defenses, dumping the ball off, throwing it into the stands if he has to. If the draft pans out, we'll have one of the youngest, most athletic lines in front of him for the rest of his career. I still have no problem with a project qb as the third-stringer. I would feel bad for AJ McCarron to be sitting behind him, but at this rate, he'll probably get some playing time.

23. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    so the plan for less sacks is for Ben to miss 3 1/2 games a season. bump that. he should only miss the last game of the year due to playoff seed being locked