1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Villanueva Speaks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    There have been quite a few conflicting statements and stories about this but I have to take Villanueva, Ben etc at their word. I can't call him a hero one day and then turn around and say he's lying for whatever reason the next.

For me it comes down to: Is this something I'm going to allow 43 years of being a Steeler fan end over? Do I think they're all lying?

So far the answers for me are No and No. We'll see what the future holds and maybe I'll change my mind and maybe I won't. For now it's "Wait and see."

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You got the Pittsburgh fire chief who called Tomlin the N word. Now people are digging into Tomlins political ties. This has turned into a full blown **** show.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not some perspective, his perspective.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    His perspective isn't some? What it doesn't count? Got the Pittsburgh fire chief calling Tomlin the N word and you wonder why NFL players want to protest. I guess some people will never get it.

5. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hate say it and it doesn't take a genius to state the obvious, but this should have been address last year and nipped in the bud, but it wasn't and it has carried over to 2017 unfortunately it may get worst before it gets better. When all started with Krapperbutt Goodell should of had a sit down with all the owners and hashed this out, but he was to consumed with Brady and Elliotts situations and thought it would just blow over now look at the animosity it caused. Unfortunately the one person that can call for order is the one who light the torch initially so now what?? Hopefully it doesn't boil over to other sports.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If your point is that if AV would have stayed in the tunnel that nobody would be complaining, you're wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yes, people would have been complaining but it would have been no where near as bad. AV staying with his teammates would have helped the cause. Look a guy who did 3 tours stayed in the tunnel with them. Now it's he stood alone. They left him. The Steelers are making him apologize. AV taking blame. Heyward and Ben apologizing. Mr Rooney releasing a statement. They did this to please people who believe in this whole protesting thing then Ben says he doesn't believe it's right to protest during the anthem. They already did it, there's no taking that back and now he's making the people they were appeasing to mad. It's a **** show. They have managed to piss everybody off. There's probably a very small % that doesn't care like me.

8. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Much too late for that. It already did before Sunday's games.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    For a guy who doesn't care you sure are posting a lot about it and stirring the pot. I call B.S. on that.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Parts of this post reminds me of talking to my wife?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    As much as the Flag means to me and my employer told me or even suggested to me that I have one of two choices to stay in the locker room/ tunnel with my fellow employees or stand / kneel while the National Anthem and our countries Flag is taking place and im a Veteran!!! sorry your gonna have to fire me because I'm gonna be front and center paying my respect to my country, all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, and to those actively serving it means that much to me. AV exercised his right to change his mind probably started think about his buddies he lost and got caught up in the moment it happens. AV your my brother in arms man do what gotta do and don't look back.:flag:

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Nope should not in my estimation matter where you are so long as your standing and showing respect. God does not care where you pray either just so long as you do lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    If presenting facts is stirring the pot then I don't know what to tell you. I can tell most of you here, no offense, are the type that get their info(Steelers or why people are kneeling) from their 10 friends they use to know in high school or college on Facebook.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It was a one time thing to show unity, to send a message to the President :shrug:.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Once is one time too many!

16. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Then maybe their asses should've been lined up standing during the anthem. Zero pity for any "crap" they're getting.....ZERO!

• Like Like x 1
  18. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    If you think a veteran who did three tours in Afghanistan isn't going to respect the flag and anthem, you are beyond clueless...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Because of the forum rules, I won't respond directly regarding this comment. Consider it a blessing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah even big Ben said later that he regretted not going out standing on the sideline. Didn't sound like he regretted it because of the backlash. Sounded like he regretted it because he knew it was wrong.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I'd be willing to bet 75% of the locker room felt that way, but because of the ones whining about it in the locker room, the other guys sucked it up. Time for the whiners to start sucking it up and focus on what they're paid millions to do. Making political protest statements aren't part of their "CONTRACT!" And it's time for Colbert and the Rooney's to grow some balls and make that clear!

Edit: I've stayed off this board for a few days because I completely disagree with how many thread locks there have been regarding it and I'm still pissed at what transpired Sunday in Chicago. And furthermore I'm blown away by how many people have no problem with it. But it's ok, I've also seen plenty of people who weren't ok with it.

It was an utter embarrassment what this team did. Never in a million years did I think management or ownership would allow something like this with THEIR team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I really hope there's no shenanigans this Sunday. I personally would really like to move forward from this. But I don't think that can be done till we see the players actions on Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Completely agree, I'm hoping too. I'm giving it one more chance. If I see the same **** this week, I will get rid of NFL Network, delete any apps that have anything to do with the NFL/Steelers.

I'd like to see more players come forward with apologies than just one or two. Tomlin owes AV an apology for how he passive aggressively called him out in front of the media. That was some bush league leadership on his part!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.