1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Villanueva Speaks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016

I knew somebody with his character and honor would get it. How it's been playing out in the media.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Just finished watching that full interview. Great to hear from Al and hopefully cooler heads will prevail amongst Steeler Nation.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Well, that's gonna take the wind out of a lot of warships' sails.

And props to AV. Stand-up guy b

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    They are ignoring this thread like the plague. I've been telling them this all morning.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would like to see ART II speak.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I am so very humbled by this man. With all the social media frenzy and the hoopla flying around here I was starting to get very very angry at AV. I was mad that he would throw his teammates under the bus in what was so out of what I understood his character to be. I should have waited until the facts were made clear. I offer my deepest apologies to any board member I might have disagreed with today and hope to one day apologize in some way to such a humble man. Sorry to have doubted you AV.

• Like Like x 3
  8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He's a very stand up guy! I don't believe he threw anyone under a bus but it's his nature to fall on his sword for the good of others either way it seems. Consummate professional and teammate. No apology needed from him... Hope his teammates feel the same.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Honorable man, no question.

I hope this team puts this business in the rearview mirror, I hope my fellow board members do the same so we, as fans, can get back to what we do best, cheer when they win, b!tch when they lose.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    What did you expect?

• Like Like x 1
  11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I'm not ignoring anything simply choosing to move on. I pretty much expressed my thoughts on it yesterday and that's that. I don't agree with how it all went down and don't really know how he threw anyone under the bus but that's my opinion. I respect the man and what he did and if he wants to blame himself that's his business... Either way, none of this junk was needed and hope it don't linger moving foreward.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Doesn't really change much for me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Nobody's ignoring ****. It's called damage control. The players have all said conflicting things over the past 24hrs. It became a distraction because the team made it one. Foster said Villanueva had special clearance. Ben apparently feels like **** about the whole protest. Harrison was "unaware" he was walking out. It's not difficult to walk up behind your teammate.. They were only 10-15 feet behind him. There was nothing blocking them. They're the players, they can do whatever they want in that tunnel.

Regardless of what some of his idiot, brainless teammates planned to do for the anthem, it's absurd in itself that he has to even apologize for being seen standing for the national anthem.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Angry at him because he did something he strongly believes in? Angry because he's showing respect to something that he risked his life for? What about the rest of the team threw him under the bus by not supporting him. If not for guys like him, AB would be making sneakers for $5 per day in awful working conditions.

All these ****ing idiots don't even know what they're protesting anymore. I'll leave it at that as anything else will be clearly political.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    As a veteran of multiple deployments, AV cannot under any circumstances, be faulted for his actions, and neither should the rest of the team given the actual root of the protest... there is no conflict except for what the media creates

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    A couple responses here and elsewhere confirm what I knew would happen.

They don't listen to what he says. They only hear what they want to hear.

Interesting way of seeing things. AV is the only player with integrity... AND he's lying to cover for the team. Hnmmmmm

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    In my eyes he is just being the scapegoat so that they can move on and try to play a well executed football game for once this season.

18. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Oh no.. Can't say that.. You aren't being PC.

The truth of the matter is, a lot of these players are just doing it for attention or because they're black and feel obligated. Most won't do a damn thing off the football field about anything. At least they'll have their picture blasted everywhere and heralded as heroes. ****ing joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No I was angry not at the reason for his actions but what I perceived as the intent behind those actions. My perceptions as I said weren't in line with his character and we're driven more by social media than actual facts.

20. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    The whole thing is a big-time sh*t show. And for that I point the finger at the head coach. I feel bad for AV.

• Agree Agree x 6
  21. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    He's a very honorable man but he's lying for damage control :hmm:

Facts have been presented and people still believe their own narrative. Exactly why people have to protest in the first place.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So he's honorable and a liar?

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    According to some that want to make up their own narrative. I thought you couldn't be both :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    No. He's saying he can't be both. He IS honorable, indisputably. But some people out there on social media and a few in here hear his address, and claim he's just doing damage control for the team. AKA lying.

And we're calling BS on that. I believe every word he said. There's zero reason to doubt him.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.