1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Villanueva extended?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Aug 29, 2016.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Is it being reported that he has been extended?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Am I interpreting that right? Or are they just saying he won the starting job?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    something that you'd need to run through the wife translation app

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think Kaboly means AV won the starting LT job, I don't think there was much competition really between him and Ryan Harris.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Ok after I posted I reread it. I thought he already won the starting job?

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The only OL that the Steelers should be extending is DeCastro, they got AV on the cheap.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    No reports of a new contract for him. Kaboly was just saying they'll announce that he's got the starting LT job.

9. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  10. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    so...
    whats he like now

6'9"?

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    they should give him a new contract as the starter. :cool:

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Interesting,,,found this as well. A brief breakdown on his technique.

I say brief because it was his first 2 games filling in and it was against Tamba Hali and Aldon Smith. Nothing from what he was doing against the guys later in the year and the playoffs.

He does go on to say he's still putting too much weight on his heals and too high. Says he's stiff, but I don't see stiff, I see a guy that's really big trying not to overextend himself. (which was one of his big issues last year)

Anyways, here's the link:

• Like Like x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    some plays AV looks horrendous

15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I saw another article that was evidently based on much the same words from Villaneuva, with a similar clickbait headline. This one seems to have augmented some of what AV said (given that the other article I read didn't phrase it the same).

AV seems to be answering these questions in a measured, reasonable way. The journalists seem to want him to be jumping up and down with rage. So then they just go and write a headline that matches what they think he should have said.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    yes the wonderful media now days. :facepalm::cool:

17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think they will be riding Al V on the cheap for a while yet. I read some where he is like the lowest paid LT in the league or something of that nature.

I really like the guy. I think LT is one of hardest positions to play in the NFL. Your usually going against everyone's best push rusher every Sunday, and boy the NFL has some good ones. It's also normally the highest paid of the offensive of line positions.

18. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He's lived on less and I'm sure that although he would love to make millions more than he is, he's got the common sense to see where he fits in better and wants to play for a contender!

20. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  21. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow...I hope there is some improvement. He looked overpowered and lost

22. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I wish every race would quit oppressing themselves by blaming others for whatever's on their to do list that keeps getting them in these deep waters. Yes we have problems here in our country, and the biggest problem I see is folks of every race saying they can't do this or that because of so and so... Or they should be allowed to do this or that because of so and so.

Folks need to honestly look at the real problems instead of jumping on board with every race's laundry list of hate filled propaganda. Or every parties bull rap agenda... Divisiveness is what the powerful want as we all should know this linearly by now... Divided we fall.

Truths are never told anymore, history books leave a lot of facts out, media biased is out of control (click bait) nobodies actions are owned anymore, just purely blamed or excused because of an excuse.

The problems in this country are not bad apple cops... They are there... But hardly in a measurable amount given the number of people wearing the badge.

Kind of like Burfict, Rice, Blount, Bryant, Sharper, Marinovich, Incognito, and other come and gone jerkoffs in this league don't make every NFL player a p.o.s. Nor make it a p.o.s. League.

Bad news always outweighs the good because it generates more talk, divisiveness, clicks.

Colin blames cops for his stance... The whole world knows. Ben continues to donate grants to cops and nobody outside of Pittsburgh or Pittsburgh subscribers have a clue. He's married and has 3 children now... But to hear other folk talk he's raping women in bars.

People buy into this bull**** media and feel empowered, enlightened, etc...

It's really starting to make us look like frigging clowns on the national stage.

BLM ain't marching against black on black violence and there has been FAR more of that than any bad apple cop stat can compare too and that just can't be denied.

Law obiding citizens aren't the problem with gun issues... Can't be denied.

Athletes smoking pot and getting caught isn't the leagues fault... Again can't be denied.

People not getting jobs isn't the Mexicans fault and that on many levels cannot be denied.

Many problems to go around and I can't wait to see what sort of reprimand the government doles out due to this bull crap kaepernick is spewing.

Until then, I congratulate him on his new found faith and sure hope he educates himself as should others on the subject of not sounding like an idiot for their cause.

Sorry for the political rant but this **** is ridiculous

• Like Like x 1
  23. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Av at LT

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Dob for president. :smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. dobbler-33