1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Vick Coming for a Look??

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CanadianSteel, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Intending to rape a woman? Were you there, in the rooms, with Ben and his accusers? Please enlighten us to these facts... The dog instances you are referring to are the result of human negligence, not morbid purposeful acts. Those are actual mistakes.. Vick's was not a mistake, it was a way of life. Big difference. Get real dude. And fyi, I'm in my late-20s, not some old Bible thumper.

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    As do many people who view them as dogs and not as pets. Your beliefs and values are different then his. I don't agree with what he did by any means but to act as if this guy is Hitler is stretching it for me. You don't like him great don't buy his jersey but to say he shouldn't get another shot at life is crazy to me. I guess my view is different then most because of some of the stuff I have seen and been through but to me he did his time and has tried to make up for his mistakes and you can't really ask for more from a person.

3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Everyone deserves a 2nd. chance . After the horrible things that Vick did he paid his price and he changed his ways . I don't pretend what he did was right that's why he went to prison . If he can play and help the team I have no problem giving him a shot at the BU role.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Sign Uncle Rico Immediately.

Personally, I don't see a need to carry 3 QB's, stick with 2QB's and add Tyler Murphy as the old emergency QB/WR for safekeeping. How many years did we live with Brian St Pierre as our #2? We don't need a superstar backup QB..... until our superstar gets hurt..... either way the season is over without Ben.

• Like Like x 2
  5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You seemed to be inferring that Ben intended to rape a woman. If I misunderstood your comment, please correct me. If that was was your inference, then you must have some kind of psychic powers.

This entire thread and topic about Michael Vick is a damned disappointment. Just the notion of having Vick on the steelers roster has caused some very emotionally charged debate. I just don't see how signing Vick could be good for this team either on the field or off.

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Well if you would have read what i quoted you would understand why I said that I was responding to snack saying there intentions weren't as bad as Vicks. I'm sorry but why do you need your security to stand outside of a locked bathroom?

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Agree.

Hopefully everyone can keep their emotions in check...

8. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Vick is a POS right along with any of the many southerners you refer to who fight dogs. I got some news for you, a leopard will not and can not change its spots. Vick has not changed, he just got scared and wants to say and do the right things. I have lived a long time and I would bet every penny I have that under the surface he is still the same POS he was then. Your saying he served his time is BS. There is not enough time he could serve for what he did in my opinion. Maybe he is forgiven by you but not by me and not by one hell of a lot of people.

9. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    No I don't know what Bens intentions were and nobody does but putting a guard outside of a locked bathroom doesn't look good to me andhas always had me question that. Ben may not have killed anyone or thing but he was in general POS to everyone around him and he screwed over a lot of people. Leaving on a bill at a restaurant that comes out of the servers pocket, not tipping, not being friendly, just a POS to humanitt in general.

10. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    So is Ben still the POS he used to be? Did he not change? How about Ray Lewis did he not change?

11. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    No way in Hell would I root for this POS in a Steelers Uniform.

12. Nah85

Nah85 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I think I like you. I share the same thought, I live in Virginia and I was involved with the details surrounding the investigation of his residence. It was horrible.

13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    It's come down to this, Vick has stayed clean for 8 years, so thats behind him, right now it comes down to his skill level, does he still have a strong arm, is he accurate can he make all the throws, does he have 70% of his mobility left, can he pass a physical, if all those boxes get checked, then he can be signed to a 1 year deal, the only question is, will he be the 2 or the 3 , keep in mind he has to cram to learn the play book with the short amount of time left before the season starts, I think thats going to be his biggest hurdle.......

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. johnbonham

johnbonham Active Member

Dec 21, 2014
    THIS IS A SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM.... WHO IS RUNNING THE SHOW THESE DAYS ???

Micheal Vick is, was and always has been NON STEELER MATERIAL ...THE END !

15. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Thanks for clearing up where you stand on BR. I've also been critical of Ben in the past (I mean look at my avatar...) as well but I prefer to base my opinions on something a little more concrete than exaggerated innuendo and wild unfounded accusations.

16. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Exactly what I was going to say. Not even close.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Steelhammer92

May 19, 2015
    Being an *******, prick is not equivalent to being a sadistic ****. I say that about Ben under the belief he was innocent of rape. Being a jerk does not equate to being a rapist. Completely different if he is actually guilty. The fact is, we know 100% what Vick did. His second chance is living life as a free man. Why should he get a second chance to play in the NFL and live the lavish life that comes with it? I know he's in debt and all that, but living the life as an NFL QB with debts owed is still more lavish/exciting than 99.99% of the population's lifestyles. And no, I don't think he deserves to live that lifestyle. Ben wouldn't deserve it either if he was a guilty man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Look I'm not defending what Vick did but from purely a football standpoint this is the right decision. Everyone keeps saying lets see what LJ can do with the starters around him well he will be going up against starters as well and he hasn't shown me one thing that says he can do that. Unlike a lot of other sports there is a huge jump in talent from the #1s and the #2s. Also are we going to stay in the shotgun because that is the only time Jones has looked decent to me he looks lost underneath the center. I don't care what these guys do in their free time. They aren't my friends they are players for a football team I cheer for and if they can help that team great if not oh well time to move on. If you want to argue they shouldn't sign Vick because he only completed 52% of his passes last year great that is an awesome football based argument but I can't wrap my head around not cheering for the team I have loved for as long as I can remember because of a player they signed.

19. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    So a criminal shouldn't be allowed to return to the life he lived before he got arrested? So if I get arrested should I lose my electrical liscence and have to change jobs to say a dishwasher or something? Shouldn't Isray have to give up the colts he did get arrested after all.

20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Not wanting Vick on the Steelers to me, has nothing to do with his off the field past issues but more so what he potentially brings to the Steelers on the Field.

Square peg meet round hole.

I think Jared Lorenzen would actually be a better fit.

21. Steelhammer92

May 19, 2015
    I don't look up to these guys morally either.. Doesn't mean it's not a factor. Hypothetically speaking, would you, or anyone for that matter, support the Steelers if the entire roster was made up of guys who have an identical criminal history as Vick? Would you seriously be able to put your black and gold glasses on, and ignore the heinous acts of each player on the team? Even if they were a Super Bowl caliber team?

22. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Man...I hate this. He did his time - people make mistakes, blah, blah..but I just cant past what he did. I just don't know. If he takes the field, could I actually cheer for him? I just don't think so.

23. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    If they all did their time and were model citizens every since then sure I would.

24. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    “For me, it is any way, any person, anything that can help this team — if that is Michael Vick, then so be it,” Roethlisberger said. “I don't really know him. He is a great football player.”

Exactly how I feel.

25. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    But you are OK with bashing BR and calling him a POS. Sorry but your comments in this thread are incongruent to say the least. As far as on the field is concerned, you said nothing about why Vick on the roster as #2 QB was a good football decision but yet you state it as fact. Let's move on from the polarizing and emotional aspects of the prospect of having someone like Vick on the roster and just talk skills and abilities for a minute. What does Vick add that isn't already on the roster? Why should the steelers cut a player and who would that be to make room for Vick? Keep in mind, his performance over the past 2 full seasons is nothing to brag about and he is 35 years old, lost more than just a step which is not good for a running QB. He doesn't have a strong history running an O like the steelers have. He doesn't know he playbook. How do these things help the steelers if Ben goes down?