1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Vick Coming for a Look??

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CanadianSteel, Aug 25, 2015.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It's extremely off topic. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Lol yeah extremely but still holds value lmao.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I really don't like the guy at all. I am also in no way shape or form trying to justify what he did but he does deserve a second chance at life as does everyone. There is a lot more that goes into other then he is just evil. Ive been misjudged many times because of the way I used to look, act, and the people I hung around. Ive done dirt in my past and luckily was good enough at what I did to avoid jail time but I wised up looked at what I was doing and other then burning I'm pretty much a model citizen so I will always give somebody the benefit of doubt. That said if Vick were to go out and kill a dog tomorrow I would want him burned at the stake.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think those things can absolutely be unrelated. You can be evil and care about your legacy.

5. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Also to those of you saying Vick did this and did that are wrong. He was convicted on funding, housing, and propergating a dog fighting ring. For the most part he had no knowledge of the day to day activities. He admitted to killing two dogs by hanging and agreed over a phone call to some others. Does this make it any better no not really but stop acting like he was the one there electicuting, raping, and whatever else has been said he did. Also he paid more of a price then most as most first time offenders get probation. Like I said does this make it all better by no means no but it does show that it has been so long ago we have forgotten all the details of the case.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  6. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This is so factually incorrect. I cannot believe the lengths you are going to defend this guy. I've been trying not to respond to you directly because I'm usually in agreement with you but your stance and posts on this matter have been deeply offensive to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Wait, because you no longer know what you're talking about, that means Vick should be forgiven? My memory works just fine. Maybe our disagreement stems from the fact that you literally don't know what happened. Vick was the driving force behind it, and he was very "hands on" for all the fun parts, like the jump rope I described. He did it. He's the bad guy.

Besides, Al Capone was put away for tax evasion, wasn't he? What a court convicts you of isn't always the whole story. They do their best, but there's still a difference between what a court says and reality. The events that followed his arrest do not affect the events that happened before it. That's just not how time works.

I would say, "Stop scrounging around for excuses," but do what you want. I have a cousin who argues the South should have won the civil war, in order to end slavery. Go ahead and have your opinion that can only be supported by make-believe.

9. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Did you read the link in the next post. I got to thinking and was thinking he didn't get convicted for the actual fights now TTF posted a link from the same page and the only discrepancy is the court papers said the three killed 8 dogs by various methods one being hanging which would be the two he admitted to. He was the money behind the whole operation so I guess you could say he was behind it all.

10. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    You're still painting him as some partly-innocent bystander, like, "Oh, I just let my friends hang out at my house, and I'm not sure what they do all day, but yeah I gave them some money so I guess technically I'm responsible that way, if that's how you want to look at it." How about it was his idea? These were his cronies, he didn't work for them. He couldn't wait to start it, he started it, he participated, he funded it, he loved every minute until he was forced to stop. Are you seriously looking through court documents to try to find some light? It's not there, not in reality. Michael Vick was the driving force behind that dogfighting ring, and you're in denial.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I'm not trying to paint him his as on partly responsible but there have been a lot of comments that said he did things he didn't physically do. All I can go off of is what I have read as I wasn't there. He did pass a lie detector saying he didn't know about the day to day and his buddies that rolled on him said the same thing and failed that same lie detector when he said he didn't kill any dogs so to me that lie detector worked so I have no choice but to believe him on that part of it. Like you said it was his idea, his kennel, and his money so yes it does all fall on his shoulders.

12. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    And brutally killed some dogs, not in the generic- dogs died because of his dog fighting ring, so he's responsible for their deaths way, but actually killed dogs himself in brutal fashion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Dude. Vick failed the lie detector test.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-...-vick-pleads-guilty-in-dogfighting-case/print

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201110/michael-vicks-surprising-dinner-date

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3718304

EDIT- Sorry, I misread your post.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  14. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    If you agree with that, why are you trying to parse out indistinguishable individual questions on a lie detector test, which are unreliable enough to be inadmissible in any court? "I don't know, I think he was probably lying about this part, but telling the truth about this part... And his buddy was probably lying about that part, but telling the truth about this part..." What difference does it make? We agree he started it, funded it, drove it, and killed the dogs himself in brutal fashion - all for fun. Everyone agrees on that. What more do you need?

15. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    At the end of the day what he did was totally ****ed up but he did his time and from what I've seen has changed. Has he actually I don't know as I don't personally know him nor do I want to. Does he deserve a second chance in my eyes absolutely. Are there a lot of of fans that are willing to look past actions of some and keep cheering for them and the Steelers but not his that would also be a yes and that doesn't make sense to me. This was a football decision not a personal decision and that is what people need to separate.

16. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    No what I was saying about the lie detector is how could he lie both times but only get caught once on the same test.

17. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
  18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd say it's quite a bit off topic if you're implying that the 8th President of the US was once an evil German Rocket Scientist! I know you meant Wehner von Braun but the malaprop is a good one. (or did you mean that nerdy boy gang on Seinfeld?) While an interesting post I believe that many of those scientists had guns to their heads (or their family's heads). I don't recall hearing that about MV.

19. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Lmao good catch haha no I meant von braun hahahaha that's funny. Yeah you are right and when I posted that I wasn't looking at it from that angle you are correct there were guns held to some heads but there were also some that willingly did it as they thought they were superior.