1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.

Very early mock

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by hendo, Jan 1, 2017.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I just got done watching the Az St games and I saw a lot of what I did in the Stanford game. What I liked about him was the fact that he lined up left, right and LB. He did show good hustle and did play the run pretty well. What I didn't like is when he got pressure he came untouched which anyone can do. When he engaged with the OT he didn't show much and very rarely if ever got pressure and if we are looking for this guy to be a pass rusher so far imo I haven't seen it yet in the game and a half I watched. I will watch more it is way to early to take anyone off the list right now and also with all the bowls and combine coming up there will be plenty to look at. :cool:

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Oh I do understand your concerns. HWS (Height-Weight-Speed) guys usually are boom or bust depending on the system they are playing in. Obi is no exception.

However, similar statements were said about players like Artie Burns. Look how that turned out. In addition, Uconn's safeties do play a style similar to our own; an added bonus. For someone like Obi to be available to us in round 2 should he test off the charts would be good value.

One last caveat. Tomlin loves freaks. There is no way of putting it. Besides, a freakish attack partner will be needed for Sean. Hooker has the most potential overall bit Obi's gifts are off the charts a la Bud Dupree style. Golden is solid... but with Sean's development and Mikes increasing age, he clearly is not the guy.

3. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

While Hooker is a superb talent, there are other safeties in this draft. The class is deep; more so than the past two drafts.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt they would draft Fields, he had problems at TCU and had to transfer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yea a couple of years ago. if he's stayed out of trouble since, they may take that into account. the nice thing about him though is the defense he plays in at louisville is pretty close to the one we run. he can play either side of it too. maybe our locker room would do him good. :shrug: its all a crap shoot to a point. :cool:

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You missed the boat my friend. He could be our game changer.

7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Malik Hooker is a baller for sure. Some team is going to get a great prospect. Unfortunately, he's gone well before we pick.

8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

.......... :hmm:

Hmm.......

I never stated he would not be one haha. :lolol:

My issue is that, due to the rarity of safeties being so talented and gifted, Hooker may not last that long. Should Pittsburgh ascend into the "Stairway of Seven", kiss Malik Hooker goodbye I am afraid.

However, should he somehow still be on the board.... I would not be upset. :smiley1:

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The guy I like Harold Landry decided to return to school next season, I'm surprised he wouldn't come out after leading the nation with 16.5 sacks.

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

made some secondary picks out from my originals. desmond king has skills as well. would add a couple of safeties like casey andrade from new hampshire and zach edwards from cinci. both very productive safeties. william likely i have in the 7th but he could go earlier. he had a knee injury which may push him way down. the kid can play though and would have gone much higher. he's a better version of golson and a good punt returner.

as for josh harvey-clemons, i think he could move to ILB and be shazier like. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017 at 7:38 AM