1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Vernon Butler

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Abraham Powell, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Abraham Powell

Abraham Powell Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Anyone else like this kid as a first round pick, if we sure up the secondary in FA?

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I like him however with so many other needs and the DT class being so deep, I would prefer not him in the 1st.

3. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Same here. If he's there in the 2nd then yeah, but I don't think I'd take him with our 1st. Only DT's I'd want in the 1st would be Ashawn Robinson or Andrew Billings, or maybe the guy from Lousiville.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Butler had a good showing at the Senior Bowl, he could go late first round. If he's the BPA at #25 then do it, this draft is deep at safety they could find one in the 3rd or 4th.

5. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    If we drafted a nose tackle in the first round in the 1980's, that would be a solid investment.

If we draft a nose tackle in the first round in the year 2016 with this secondary I will scream.

I mean that's assuming you are pegging Butler to take McLendon's spot.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    The same could be said about DT in this draft, the way I feel is the NFL has become a pass first league so if you are weak in the back end like us that take priority. I do not want a DT in the 1st, I agree with BPA however weakness and need have to be added to that as well.

DT in the 2nd I would love maybe even in the 3rd, Robinson, Rankins, Butler, Reed, Billings, Nkemdiche, Washington, Johnson and Clark are your top guys and I would be happy with one of them in the 2nd.....jump for joy for one in the 3rd. jmo

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well the Steelers have been weak in the back end for awhile, and they still haven't drafted a CB in the first round.

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    You are absolutely right don't mean I change what I want. Last year we finally took a CB before the 5th so there is hope for a CB/S in round one this year. Don't get me wrong I like this kid but I just don't want one in the 1st this year. We can get the same valve in the 2nd, this class is deep.