1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Various online mocks (keep them all here)

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Feb 5, 2013.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    here is one i could live with.
    rd 1 manti teo lb notre dame
    rd2 tavon austin wr west vir
    rd3 baccari rambo s georgia
    rd4 david bakhtairr ot colorado
    rd5 kwame geathers dt georgia
    rd6 perry jones rb virginia
    rd7 sean renfree qb duke

i like it cause of rambo and renfree. i think renfree could be an undrafted free agent but might lose out on him if that happens. this one was not updated yet. austin had a big day at combine so he may not be there

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Walts latest

1. J Jones OLB
    2. Larry Warford G KY
    3. Q Patton WR
    4. A. Ellington RB
    5. S Williams S - GA

Never heard of the OG...did he impress at the combine or something? While it does address most of the positions of need. I think there were better players available in place of some of the picks he made.

EDIT: He added the 5th round.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Warford is a good guard, and has been a 2nd - 3rd round projection for a long time. He did not do anything special at the combine to move up (at least not that I saw or heard about).

4. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Warford doesn't fit our new blocking scheme, IMO. He's more in-line with what we've had in the past. Big maulers with very little mobility.

5. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I typically am okay with checking out guys with a checkered history, but I want no part of Ogletree. He's had 3 strikes, one of which being when all eyes are on him just before the combine. I heard one scout that's been around him say he's an "immature idiot" no thanks.

6. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree

7. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    That's a good point. It's a shame because Warford would be a steal at that spot.

However if the draft shakes out like he has it I'd be very very happy with Justin Hunter in round 2. I'd be okay with Terrance Williams, John Jenkins, or Eric Reid there too...

Then we could go Rambo in the 3rd, and I'm a happy camper.

8. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm torn on J.Jones. I think he's one of the most talented guys in this draft but it sounds like he's had a mixed bag of reviews on his medical checkout.

I wonder what our medical staff has said.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Jones drop to round 2.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i just think we get overly enamoured with these guys in shorts. as colbert said, we want guys that get to the qb, not guys that get close. i also don't see OLB as our biggest need either. worilds will get his shot if JH goes.

wr is a need with wallace gone, but if they sign breaston, that need drops alot.

ilb is weak in this class, and if they sign foote back, this position drops off from the top this year too. we also have rolle in here to work with. he does have starting expierience.

TE, we will need one added, but with johnson able to help out and paulson getting some time last year and pianalto being brought in, i don't think rd. 1 is the rd. we see one.

safety is up in the air. we don't know how long troy will last. we have two lesser options behind him. cromartie-smith or golden. neither have any starts among them.

RB is also a position we need to reload. i still don't think we keep both redman and dwyer. they already know they are not up to the quality we want as feature runners. the cupboard is bare behind them too.

qb, we need depth.

OL we need depth.

DL, we have starters and depth.

i'd have to say RB,ILB,S are the biggest needs first and foremost.

sure one of these OLB's would be nice to get but i see them as more of a luxuary pick then a need. we have starters and we have backups in place.

the trouble is that at the positions we need worse, the top guys are not really worthy of a first round selection.

that being the case, i'm thinking a tweener type. CB/FS like rhodes. a two for one guy. or an OLB/ILB type guy that could play both spots if needed.again a two for one type guy. at RB it's pretty cut and dry without a true 1st rounder.:cool:

10. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    "Tweener" guys as you put it are nice further down the draft for depth purposes, but in the 1st few rounds I want guys that are good enough that they have a set position... Not a guy that will have to move because he has flaws.

Rhodes is discussed as a CB/S because they're not sure if he has the skills to turn and run with receivers. IMO ILB and OLB are just too different in a 3-4 to get a guy that can play either one, which we saw with Timmons. I thought if anyone could make that transition he could, but he just didn't make an impact on the outside.

11. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    RB and S are the only "needs" this season, as I see it. However OLB is critical for our defense. Harrison is 35 and Woodley has regressed/injuries. Worilds can't stay healthy and Carter is not the answer. I'd be perfectly happy with an OLB early in the draft. Let's face it. This team needs to get younger and more talented at alot of positions. More than in the past few years we need to go with the best player available, IMO.

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm not so sure rhodes would fall under that not good enough at one position but good enough player to do both. he's always been a 1st rd. talent and one of if not THE best one on one cover guy in the draft. that is something we have been drafting lately. better one on one cover guys. (allen, brown)

i also don't buy just because this guy couldn't do it , we should abandon trying it forever. timmons also took 3 years to get a starting spot at ILB.

carnell lake and woodson both made safety and corner work well. that didn't mean they weren't good at one position.:cool:

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    safety we have starters. on paper at least. we need starter quality depth because of troy and clarks age. an eventual starter.

RB is definately a need.

ILB is very thin. if foote comes back, we would have starters. rolle and mcfadden and sylvester are the backups. sylvester has done nothing to show he even should get another offer. mcfadden hasen't shown starter capabilities, that only leaves rolle with starting expierience behind a mediocre old LB. kion wilson or marshall mcfadden is the other option we have. ILB is a need. if foote gets a 1 year deal, they have to have a guy in place to learn it in one year. our other option is bank on spence being able to come in and play after sitting near two years next year.:cool:

14. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree with the jist of it. I just think after an 8-8 season filled with older players that are often injured we need to draft for value. That means BPA to me. The only positions that I'd stay away from early is QB and DE.

15. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Walts latest is quite interesting...

1. J Jones OLB
    2. Teo ILB (w/ WR Woods, DB Amerson and S Elam there)
    3. Aaron Dobson WR - Marshall (OL Barrett Jones, WR Swope and RB Ball all there too)
    4. T. Jefferson S (Lattimore was available)
    5. S. Taylor RB

Thats a fairly nice draft...but I have no idea who the hell the WR is...I'd rather have B. Jones than him...then that really would be an awesome draft I think!

16. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    This is way more than a fairly nice draft IMO. I think Walter needs to have a chat with Colbert - and with the other 31 teams to make sure that these guys are still there when we draft. That said, I may prefer Elam to Te'o in the 2nd, and Jones to Dobson in the 3rd, but having all of those guys to pick from at those spots would be a nice problem to have.

17. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Jones/Te'o? :eek:

Passing on Barrett Jones in the 3rd though? Seems nuts. Can anyone tell me why he is falling so far, at least according to Walt and Charlie?

A draft like that would be awesome, but it seems very "best case scenario, if all our guys fall really far".

18. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Out of all the ones I've seen so far...this one seems more fantasy than anything...though weirder things have happened before.

19. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  20. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I am looking at this and going...WOW! I like the Jones and Teo picks, especially for when we would get them.

In the 3rd, I would much rather draft Barrett Jones. No he isn't a need, but he is worth that pick.

I am okay with Jefferson, but I like trading up in the 4th and taking Rambo or up in the 5th and getting TJ MacDonald instead.

Jones
    Teo
    B. Jones
    Rambo or McDonald

Great draft IMO, but we will need to be wise about the RB, WR, and TE positions with free agency and UDFAs to be competitive the way we need to be next year.

21. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    just saw mcshays latest mock. he has jones falling to us at 17. warmack to cowbys at 18. the thing i thought was funny is anash going 5th overall. did he have that good of combine?

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Guys, take a good look at Dobson's game tape before writing him off. He's a 6'3" 210 lb. WR who has really nice hands and shows the ability to make catches in traffic. He is a legit X WR prospect, and that's the position that Wallace is vacating.

23. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I didn't write off Jefferson in mine so much as I preferred to go in a different direction. That mock shows us getting a starting OLB, ILB, LG, and S. That is huge for this team long term. No, it isn't perfect as it still leaves holes at the RB and WR spot and ???? marks at the TE spot, but it is a step. You can't fix every hole in just one draft.