1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Various online mocks (keep them all here)

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Feb 5, 2013.

1. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The pairing of the RB's would be fine but I think Lacy and Lattimore have similar styles. I think Barner would be a nice compliment to either but not Lacy and Lattimore together. Just my take..

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree 58. neither is a zone type RB either. barner is. stacey is. michael is. ellington is. ford has that game to. i think he and stacey are the sleepers in this one, until you get into the UDFA bunch.

i've thought of the doubling up of the safties but the more i think about it the more i see us getting one this year and one next year.

thomas is a turnover machine. while i like elams game overall, thomas is the difference maker in coverage 8 interceptions last year and a knack for strips, 4 FF last year, he may help us more in the short term getting more TO's. his speed is my concern though. 4.57 isn't burner speed. cyprien is the same way without all the TO's and not great speed. reid falls into that catagory too.

a real tough call this year and we need at least one bad. i still say move ike to FS. then grab a guy late. addae or mcdougle. both pretty decent. there's always shamarko thomas. he's one of my favorites but not much in pass coverage. can they teach him? he's a stud against the run. he comes up and hits like a guided missle. he's also a 4.39 guy. trading down for more picks may not be a bad idea. :cool:

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    http://www.extra-point.net/mock-draft-r1-2013/

Interesting mock here..

1 - S Richardson DE
    2 - C Lemonier LB
    3 - J Jenkins NT

If Jenkins lasted that long I'd be shocked...and another DE in the first? NO NO NO NO! They say this: "The Steelers spent two first round draft choices on Ziggy Hood and Cameron Hayward, and while I’m sure they’d love to be patient and wait for Hayward to develop, I just don’t see anything positive on that front."

Seriously? Heyward does really good when he comes in/etc. The only reason he generally isnt in there more is because he's got a vet in front of him and we all know how the Steelers are with vets in front of young guys.

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i like sheldon richardson a lot , i don't know if is a need but maybe if ziggy walk next year ...

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Unfortunately we don't all know how the Steelers are. Lots of people and sports writers have no clue. They see how much playing time a guy like Heyward gets, and they look at his stats, and they label him a bust.

6. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    Barner in the 4th, Stacey in the 6th would be two pretty good additions to the RB stable and at great value as well...

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    This latest from Walt could satisfy some people.

1 - J Jones OLB
    2 - D Hopkins WR
    3 - M Ball RB
    4 - TJ McDonald S

I'd rather have one of the other backs besides Ball...but hey...

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Good god... that would be a pretty nice 1st 4 rounds. Agree on Ball, but Taylor would be nice in that spot.

9. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    This..

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Exactly. I dont hate Ball or whatever...but I just dont trust RBs from that place for some reason, haha.

11. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, I'm not 100% sold on him. Still.... he scored 39 TDs in 2011. It's hard to suck and score 39 TDs in one season in a BCS conference. The film shows me that his O-line was a big part of that, but he definitely flashed some ability.

12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Lacy is out of the combine,hamstring,maybe he falls in the second,probably won't be able to run at his pro day either.

13. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Who knows...there arent a lot of big/solid/etc RBs this year...so even with that being said he would still be the 1st or 2nd back taken. Teams should know what they get from him on tape...as long as they have proof his injury isnt severe/etc then he shouldnt fall.

14. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    39? Holy crap! And yeah...he has talent...but going by history...and the wear and tear already on him...eh...but hey if they took him I'd welcome him and cheer him on/etc.

15. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    just seen on nfldraftcountdown.com that scott wright ( the guy who runs the site i guess) has us taking Manti teo in first and eddie lacy in the second. if y'all get a chance take a look at it. he has dome guys going in places i never dreamed. geno smith 1st overall.lol

16. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Most mocks have has Geno going 1st for a while...some have Luke Joeckel...thats really not a huge shock seeing Geno going first in a mock. While I dont think there really is any QB worthy of a top 10 pick this year...there will probably be 1-3 selected in the top 10.

17. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Funny thing - right when I was reading about Geno Smith as a possible #1 overall pick in this thread, Jamie Dukes was advocating for KC to take their favorite QB with pick #1 because QB is far and away their biggest need. My guess is that they are talking to people about trading down. I do think it's likely that they come out of day 1 with a QB.

18. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If Kansas City takes Geno Smith with the 1st pick, it would be the dumbest move of all time. I'm willing to put a $100 bill on the table to say that no QB's get drafted in the 1st round this year.

I don't think any team is going to waste a 1st rounder on either Smith or Barkley. But, then again who thought Tim Tebow would be drafted in the 1st round either. So I guess anything is possible.

19. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    QBs always start to shoot up the draft board after the combine. It just happens. From my perspective the best thing which can happen for us is KC doesn't take a QB, and still needs one when we get to our pick. It gives us the option to improve our draft.

20. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll take that bet.. Bad organizations always reach for QB's.

21. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I like to find 7 round mocks online, and then go though them and see who I would pick at each position. I did that this AM with the Huddle Report's "Draft Machine" 7 round mock, and here's what I came up with:
    1. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
    2. Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
    3. Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida State
    4. Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
    5. Sio Moore, ILB UCONN
    6. Corey Fuller, WR, Va Tech
    7. Zac Stacey, RB, Vandy

I haven't completed my evaluations yet, but based on what I currently know I think that would be a really nice draft. I especially like Jones if we make the rumored shift to a zone blocking scheme as our base run scheme.

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    works for me if they could pull it off.:cool:

23. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    good one i would take a te instead a rb but we can take one on udfa

24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I could live with this.

25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    there should still be a comp pick they are not showing on there freak, so maybe your TE will be there.;):cool: