1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Various online mocks (keep them all here)

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Feb 5, 2013.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I figured it'd be interested to put any online mocks we come across out there (that we like or whatever) in one thread and be able to refer back to them later on...instead of 100 different threads.

Here is one I saw the other night (not sure of the site)

1 - Dion Jordan
    2 - Eric Reid
    3 - EJ Emanuel
    4 - Christine Michael RB
    5 - Marcus Davis WR

The first 3 picks not bad...no clue who the 4th is...and I've at least heard of the 5th.

This one is from Walt's latest "Live Mock" he does on Tuesdays

1 - Jarvis Jones OLB
    2 - Margus Hunt DE
    3 - Gillislee RB
    4 - Stills WR

I like them all but the RB...switch that to RB S. Taylor or one of the S's that were around (McDonald, Jefferson, or even Cyprien) and I would call that a solid 4 rounds.

Any other interesting/good/odd/etc mocks out there you've seen? Share em here (link em or try put where you found em)!

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    between all these names i like only the two first round picks and davis the wr

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Why? Whats wrong with some of the other guys? Reid/Hunt? Manuel/Stills?

4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    jones, hunt, and gillislee? that is a homerun in my book. add a saftey in round 4 and I would be thrilled. talk about getting to the qb. those two would be a nightmare on the field at the same time

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I'll take either one of those, but agree that I would much rather have Stepfan Taylor than Gillislee. Taylor is not going to be a home run hitter, but he will be a really good 3 down, move the chains kind of RB. Even with him available, I would be tempted to go with a S in R3. Also, Hunt is probably not a guy who will pay immediate dividends, but his upside is pretty significant. He could grow into a "poor man's JJ Watt," and I'd take that in R2.

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i would prefer rambo and elam over reid , hunt is a question mark , i would not draft a qb that high and stills i don't know too much

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    kenny stills is a good wr.

i'd have to say there are 6 safeties i'd like as tier 1 guys, elam, thomas, jefferson, reid,rambo,cyprian. i think vaccaro is decent but he likes to shy away from tackling somewhat. not really what i want in a safety. he will get guys in the right place though.

i'm not really sold on hunt as a difference maker in our system.

i'm really leaning towards brandon jenkins as our #1 target. i still like elam though.

jenkins,elam,manuel,barner/franklin/taylor and i'd be happy at 1-4.:cool:

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Jenkins? Is that the OLB from FSU? Or someone else? And are you saying you'd want him as the first round pick? You don't think that would be a reach? As I think the highest I've seen him go was the end of round 2 (and again I know mocks are the be all end all/etc)...but just getting your thoughts/explanation/etc on this. :)

9. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    seems brandon jenkins should be easily take at 49

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    the only reason i think he's that low right now is his injury that kept him out all year. after the combine, if he checks out to be healed, i will guarantee he goes rd.1. not a reach at all. he's also only a jr. so he's young to boot. several guys will change after the combine and pro days. they will definately move around some.:cool:

11. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I see...interesting...I havent looked into him so I wasnt aware a lot about him/injury/etc. So he's THAT good potentially? I'll have to research.

12. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Before the season started he was considered a late 1st round pick. Then he broke his foot. I think mac's right that if he shows he's totally healthy at the combine, his stock will go way up compared to what it is right now. I doubt he'll get himself back into the first round, but he'll go up. But who knows? Maybe if there's a run on pass rushers Baltimore will take him. But not a lot of teams going to drop a 1st rounder on a guy who hasn't played in a year.

13. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i like b.jenkins i hope he stays under the radar and will be available in rd 2 , i would try to trade down and up in the first two rounds to get minter and jenkins ..1 2

14. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Today I saw the first mock ever mocking the Steelers Lane Johnson ( http://www.bflo360.com/2013/02/2013-nfl-mock-draft-5th-edition.html )

Also came across one at http://sidelionreport.com/2013/02/07/2013-nfl-mock-draft-detroit-lions-stay-in-state-for-pick/2/ that has them taking Datone Jones DE UCLA...i have never heard of him or really seen him in 1st round mocks.

Finally this one... http://draftdebacled.com/publisheddraft.aspx?mdid=32684

1st - K. Allen WR
    2nd - D. Amerson DB (I know Hack will love this pick)
    3rd - J. Randle RB

Some potentially solid players...but as most think...not picking a LB or S in the first 3-4 rounds could suck.

Also Charlie Campbell on Walterfootball.com has his new one up..

1. J Jones OLB
    2. E Lacy RB
    3. R Lester S
    4. Micah Hyde CB (dont know much about this one)

But I could be happy with this mock also!

15. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Charlie's latest...

1 J Jones OLB
    2 M Hunt DE
    3 S Taylor RB
    4 Terry Hawthrone CB Ill

While I dont know much about the CB...I'd take this. Though I think S is a bigger need than DE but I'd still take it!

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i had hawthorne in my original mock. he's not a bad corner. he steadily dropped as the younger corners declared. i agree we need a safety in either of the first two rounds, because there are guys there but if you want difference making safeties as we are used to, that's where you will find them. we still need an ilb too. i think thats way to high for a DE for us. wrong type too.

i do like the looks of the new line you have there. maybe a switch of adams and gilbert. DD might cringe though.:cool:

17. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i still say if we can manage to trade down and up in the first two round to land elam and minter would be perfect , or ogletree and rambo

because i see a big drop off after minter ogletree and teo , but maybe there are some olb that can play inside

18. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I'll going to look into that CB a little. And wrong type of DE? Why do you say this?

And thanks for the comment I figured I'd update it (since before I didnt have pics of DD/MA in Steeler uni's/etc)...and keep in mind this is as if the DL is looking at this...Gilbert at LT/etc (just to make sure you're looking at it right). Anyways...yeah those 2 could switch...and for all we know Beachum may not be there...haha...but for now this is what all the talk makes things out to be. :)

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    to tall and thin for what we generally like at DE. even guys keisels size are rare here, 285 if that. most of our DE's are 295 plus to the 300 + range. hunt is 6-6 280. he's kind of a tweener as an OLB DE. i think he'd fit better as a 4-3 guy.

i expect beachum to get a starting shot somewhere on the line. i think they were happy with his play at several positions. i think we will end up with a good player out of him. he's a smart guy with long arms and a good base, that's mobile and position flexable.

he's a keeper compared to what we've had around here. he's only a rookie. he was thrown to the lions and did well. he sounds like a worker too. i'll take that. camp should be interesting in the trenches again. both sides of the ball littered with hungry young talent. that picture gives me smiles and hope.:cool:

20. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I think he could be a good 3-4 DE...like you mentioned Keisel is close to that size he's 6'5 and 285 (or a little more by now), Heyward is 6'5 and 288...Arron Smith was 6'5 and 295. Even JJ Watt 6'5 / 295...

At 6'6-6'8 (as I remember seeing him listed at 6'6 before) and around 280lbs I think Hunt would be ideal...he could add a little more weight and could be a decent 3-4 end. I think he's a little big for a 4-3 end...he'd need to be a DT in a 4-3 I think.

But anyways...I'm glad I can be good for something and bring you smiles and hope!

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    you may be right about him. i don't really think our d-line needs a higher draft pick though. ziggy had his best year. heyward is going to be good. keisel still can play in a rotation. i like woods hustle and he's been here awhile to learn. with fangupo and ta'amu in the wings, it free's up mclendon to play all across the board. actually fangupo can play DE in a 3-4. he did in college alot.

there are also some guys late or after this draft that could be good. kruger, stienkuhler, and several others as udfa's. they would come cheaper too since we have alot of money tied up there now.

as for the picture, LOL , yea, i sure like the looks of it. now for some depth. again i'd be looking day two at the very earliest but more likely day 3 and after. there are some good players there as well.:cool:

22. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Oh I totally agree with the DL not needing that high of a pick this year. But I wouldnt complain if thats how it went by chance.

And for sure they need some depth...especially with potentially Starks and Foster (and maybe Colon) being gone. Legursky should be back I think. If this happens like this I think they need at least one vet FA linemen as a BU and then a mid round draft pick maybe.

23. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    gpguy, this thread is a good idea but may become the largest thread in TTFs history.

Here's one from blearcher-report

Steelers trade down with Rams, aquire their #22 and 3rd rd pick #80.

1- Alec Ogltree LB
    2- Eddie Lacy RB
    3a-Jonathon Cyprien S
    3b-Phillip Thomas S
    4- Stedman Bailey WR
    5- Marcus Lattimore RB
    6- Jake Stoneburner TE
    7- Joe Caprioglio OL
    Supplemental Pick
    7- Melvin White DB

Kinda Interesting I think...............

Cajun-

24. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd be happy with this outcome. Switch our 5th rounder though to Michael Buchanon (OLB) Illinois , IMO

25. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I figured it would help keep things a little more organized...I don't care if members post their own mocks elsewhere...but sometimes you'll see 15 posts with 15 different mocks from around the internet...so why not keep em here. And hey I'd gladly accept that record, haha.

Anyways...I think I'd like that draft. Ogletree seems solid, I like what I've seen out of Cyprien...Stoneburner seems to be a good blocker and can catch so that works.

I dont know anything about the 7th rounders...and im just learning about 3B.

Like numbah said I'd like an OLB in there somewhere.

Bailey from what I read seemed like a good WR...by my only complaint is he's more of what they already have...short and fast type of player.

But what intrigues me the most here is the pairing of Lacy and Lattimore...WOW...if Lattimore comes back to what he was before (or close to it)...that would be on hell of a combo.