1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Vaping/Nicotine Junkies [Part II]

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Jul 18, 2016.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    There was a thread from a few years ago started by @Ray D about vaping, but after searching for a while, it appears that the internet gremlins ate it when we switched forum platforms last year.

In light of that, I thought I'd start a sequel to that thread. (Thanks to that thread, my dad quit analog smoking after 45 years, and is now a light vaper.)

I'd love to hear what your current rig is and what your favorite juices are.

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Analog smoking?? I was a smoker for 39 years. A heavy smoker. 4 years after I quit, I was diagnosed with lung cancer. Luckily, it's currently in remission. While I don't care who "vapes" just do it downwind of me because most of the juices stink, IMO. There's just not enough information available yet on possible health problems associated with vaping. (Remember, at one time, tobacco was supposed to be good for you and wouldn't cause any health problems.) I'm glad your dad quit smoking but, nicotine addiction is nicotine addiction no matter where you get your fix!
    (Getting off my soap box now.............)

3. vasteeler

vasteeler Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2016
    i have been off cigs for a year and a half now. I used vaping to quit. i hated vaping but i wouldnt have been able to quit with out it. i gradually deccreased the nicotine level until i didnt even think about it any more.

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I know a lot of people "vape" to quit the cigarettes. Nicorette lozenges did it for me!

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    My wife does it and loves it. Has it been proven to be a "healthy alternative" or even healthy at all? Some people act like it's harmless but isn't any time you put nicotine in your body it's not ever harmless right?

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The peple who love it will tell you that it's just water vapor but, it's water vapor mixed with nicotine and flavorings and they ain't scientists. You're inhaling it into your lungs and that can't be good! I've already seen commercials blaming the poularity of vaping on the tobacco industry!

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I thank the Lord every day that my only real addiction in life is rabidly rooting for all Pittsburgh sports teams from college to pro's. I'm very lucky in that regard. As kids though, we used to go around and steal cigs out of peoples mailboxes when they used to send out demo packs in the mail. Fortunately it didn't take hold of me. Oh...I almost forgot - I'm really hooked now on Jack Reacher novels -really like that simple yet strange character. For those of you still smoking or having quit are suffering from the consequences - my prayers go out to you, especially my Cali bud in Santee.

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks for that. Fortunately, I'm not suffering. I got lucky throughout the chemo and radiation. I never got sick and didn't lose any more hair than I was losing anyway. Bottom line is that I did it to myself. I knew what the risks were and still lit up! I thouroughly enjoyed every cigarette I ever smoked except the first one!

9. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I thank my lucky stars I was able to find vaping as a safer alternative. It is 100% safe? Not sure and I won't make a claim to such. But I can tell you that my body at least feels 1000% better than when I used to smoke. I can breath, taste, smell like never before. I hardly ever get sick anymore. So, yeah, I don't need a 30 year study to tell me the effects of vaping; I'm living it.

I am currently down to 0.5mg nicotine level. You read that right. One half of 1 mg. At this point, I get more nicotine from eating Zucchini than I do from vaping, LOL. I plan on cutting down to 0 mg in a couple weeks and then not using a vaporizer at all. It's been a very slow step plan I employed 4 years ago when I started at 24 mg of nic.

I'm currently using an IPV5 Temp controlled mod with a Herkales plus tank using stainless steel coils. My everyday juice is Strawnilla from nicoticket or any other PREMIUM LAB TESTED JUICE. Coworkers always stop in my office just to get a sniff cause it smells like a bakery in here. LOL.

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    My buddy's dad just got diagnosed with lung cancer and his DR told him that if he didn't stop smoking for at least 3 weeks he wouldn't even operate on him. He hasn't stopped. Did your DR tell you that?

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No, because I had already quit 4 years prior. i understand the Dr.s stance though. Who wants to spend that much time and energy on something that won't help because the patient won't help themselves. They won't do a liver transplant for someone who won't quit drinking!
    In my case, they operated but couldn't get the tumor due to it's placement. Too close to the pulmonary artery.

12. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    I smoked analogs for 20 years. Vaping got me off them. I used the 510's and got off them before the new stuff came out. My wife still vapes and uses some tank on a box with a removable battery...haha. She likes the unflavored juice at 6mg/ml.

I think if there was some serious danger with vaping they would have found it in the 10 years it's been out. I always made it my policy to not be one of the "born again" non-smokers. I still let my friends smoke over my place.

13. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Gremlins didn't eat it. I deleted it since the info within was horribly out of date. ;)

I still vape. Still using my old Provari (almost 4 years old and still going strong). Sure, there's plenty of newer, stronger devices out there. But it works for me and I stopped chasing the next best thing.

I haven't touched a cigarette in almost 4 years (Oct. 12th will be my anniversary). So, yeah. It works. I don't use it as often as I used to and will likely quit even vaping soon.

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Oh LOL! :facepalm:

Noyce! Cool that the Provari is still alive and well. My dad has gone through a few set-ups over the years. Not really for upgrading purposes, but just due to hardware failure or death due to drops. I believe he's had a couple Spinner II's for the past couple years.

15. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012

My IPV5 cost 25% of what my provari was and performs 100x better. Technology in ecigs has rapidly improved. It's amazing really. I did however quit vaping as of 2 weeks ago. Still adjusting to a post ecig life but it is much easier than I thought it would be.

16. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I smoked for 38 years. October 1st will be 18 years with no smoke. No cancer in sight but knock on wood.
    Don't forget guys, us in our 60's grew up when the steel mills were booming. Us smokers had the double whammie

17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Good on ya!