1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Vampire stuff

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by steel machine, Oct 2, 2022.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Don't know if any of you liked the Ann Rice novel, Interview With a Vampire???? The movie with Pitt and Cruise was pretty cool. Anyhow, AMC has a series starting Oct. 2 if you are interested.

Sidebar: Anybody raised Catholic in the 60's might enjoy The Derry Girls on Netflix. Coming back for third and final season. It is set in the times of trouble in Ireland but is a comedy and if you remember the catholic teachings of the 60's you'll laugh your butts off:)

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Loved "An Interview with the Vampire" I've read it several times. I didn't care for Cruise as Lestat. I'd like to see the new show.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dude....have You not listened to anything I posted here. You hurt My feelings. LoL.

I was excited until I seen the previews. It's like they don't want fans of the books. :shrug:

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :puking 3:Have You seen the previews???

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Just the commercials

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I can't get behind it. I need as a fan for the people to be as close as described in the books. If I haven't read them multiple times....well I wouldn't care.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Agree 100%. Cruise was a terrible Lestat compared to the book version of the character. Otherwise I enjoyed the movie adaptation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I admit I have not listened to much. Is that you my Razorback friend? You be good!! That was cool as heck!!!! As Tom Cruise said to Cameron Diaz in Night and Day, "you got skills"

By the way, if I was shown that picture and had to guess what state the guy was from, Arkansas would have been at the top of the list.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thanks....I guess. LoL. I only singled this out because it's about the A. Rice vampire books.

• Like Like x 1
  10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You've got really quick fingers!
    And an unperturbable cat!

• Like Like x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Glad You noticed the cat. She's called Cryface. Thanks:thumbs_up:

12. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    FWIW, Louis and Claudia aren't important at all after the first book anyway. If this show is long running, and the first season is the first book anyway.

I'm not as bothered by stuff like that. But if that makes you feel better, there's your silver lining.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Sorry......Louis is important in almost all the books. Claudia is on, and off in most the books as a memory/ghost. So I really don't know where You get this from...:shrug: It appears You have not read them.

If The Black Panther , or Blade was any other than a black guy .....I would Be just as pissed.....the only difference is so would the world.

Sorry if I spend so much of My time enjoying a character for 20 or more years, and expect them to be what I was told they were. Don't know what the big deal is....keep characters how they are written....I could clearly understand if there wasn't a constant description of them,, but there is.
    Plain , and simple.....if the book/comics suck , and nobody buys them.....then 90% of the time they are not made into movies..... If they sell the way they are.....why change them.....unless people think they are being cool, or hip in changing them......
    Reminds Me of so called musicians sampling real musicians, and then people saying how fresh, and genius they are....LoL.
    Sorry this is a sore spot for Me.
    If He's Black....make Him black...if He Asian make Him Asian.....so on , and so forth. Not a hard thing to do....I believe there are actors, and actress of every race now.
    If You don't want to do this..
    ... whomever is making the movie.....then how about write Your own dang script ,and don't try and show how genius You are by living off of someone else work.
    So the black people, and other races that are actually in the books, are they going to change them also....????

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I read all the way up to Body Thief or Memnoch. Not sure which one was most recent. Stopped after that.

In every one of the books between Interview and my last one, Louis was a background character at BEST. It was all about Lestat. Even Armand was more important.

Granted, that was a long time ago, and more stuff came out after. But I doubt a show would get far enough to get to one I didn't read.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    That there is what we call "a stretch". Well done!

• Like Like x 1
  16. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I kept seeing the previews and thought about checking it out but didn't. Again, didn't read the books and haven't even seen the movie. This is beginning to be a theme.......

• Like Like x 1
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm a huge Clive Cussler fan. Dirk Pitt in particular. I couldn't even think about seeing Sahara when I saw who they cast as Al Giordino. I agree, cast the characters as they were written.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    IMO, she jumped the shark with Memnoch. Had to force myself to finish that one!

19. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Funny because that would be my favorite if Queen of the Damned didn't exist. Felt like a Lestat version of Dante's Inferno. Tonally, was WAY different than the other books, so I can see why many disliked it.

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    To quote a line from "Blazing Saddles", "Too religious"!

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This....exactly....:this!:.
    That is all I mean. Nothing more....nothing less. :shrug:

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If You have never read the books then none of this will effect You, and You will experience it as a new thing. If I hadn't....I wouldn't be complaining. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thank You. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    See ....We are all different. I freaking Loved Memnoch. I don't think I ever read a book that fast. The 1st time I read it.....I got it after work on a Friday at about 4 pm. When My old lady came home I was on the floor reading it......when She woke the next morning I was still reading it, and finished before the day was out.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So, she got rid of you because you wouldn’t buy a couch?