1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

USFL

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Jball, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Then your previous post makes even less sense as you know why they postponed it.

unless I’m missing the sarcasm in it. Man you guys have to start using the official/unofficial green font for sarcasms.

2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

No sarcasm i had a friend get struck by lightning, yes he lived

3. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    GOOD EATS. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't get the whole idea of having all the games in Birmingham Alabama. Seems like they could have picked a more Tourist type city like Orlando, or LA to draw fans.

I remember when the WCW used to have all their Monday and Thursday night matches at Universal Studios in Orlando. You would go to the park and there would be tons of people handing out free tickets to the show that night.

Although I think I read somewhere that they may move the teams back to their own cities for the second half of the season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/19/usfl-will-play-all-2022-games-in-birmingham/
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2022
    Via Roy S. Johnson of AL.com, USFL officials acknowledged earlier this week that, on January 25, the Fox-owned venture will announce that all 43 games for 2022 will be played in Birmingham, Alabama.

The approach eliminates all travel costs, an important consideration given that the primary purpose of the games will be to put them on TV, and to use them as the impetus for legal gambling in the states that allow it. Where the games will be played doesn’t matter. Whether anyone attends the games doesn’t matter.

What matters is that, after football season ends, gamblers will have football games on which to wager.

As noted by Johnson, the initial eight teams could begin playing games in the cities for which they are named. That obviously will depend on whether and to what extent the USFL generates sufficient revenue to justify those expenses.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Hell the UFC had their second at a venue that only holds 3900!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I think expense had a lot to do with it. Not sure hom.many from. Birmingham will show up, but it is football country. The arrangements are likely less expensive as well. This first year is all about getting positive football for even a nominal TV/streaming contract. Survive and expand to next year with locations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    In all seriousnessess
    This thread is in the wrong Forum.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    For people who didn't watch....Johnathan Adams ....Wr... for the New Orleans breakers had one of the outstanding games for a Wr I've seen in a long time. Period. The catches He was making....WOW :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1