1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

US govt. makes fake videos

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Watt Wack, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/pentagon-paid-for-fake-al-qaeda-videos

I have been saying this for years, now it's common knowledge: Our govt. paid to make fake AQ/ISIS videos to convince us war is needed, when it is all bull chips. I knew those vids were so fake as soon as I saw them. Fake beheadings, fake burning dudes alive - all fake.

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

You really should read the article again. Assuming the report is true these were videos aired in Iraq. Please forgive me if I missed it, but I don't see any remarks about beheadings, burnings etc being faked.

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Nowhere does it say they were used here or publicly for political purposes.

Aside from that, this thread is not the type of topic allowed on these boards, for obvious reasons. Just look at the seriously degraded political discourse in this country and you can understand why we don't want that poison among "family." (And as all Steeler fans, were are family in that regard). Make no mistake. It is poison. I don't care what side you're on, or how pure you think your intentions are. There is no discourse anymore. You'd have to LISTEN and agree on things like reality and facts for it to exist. That went out the window years ago. The current political climate is just the end point of long time down hill slide. There's no working for the common good. There's no respect. No finding solutions everyone can at least live with. No finding common cause. People act like they're not even part of the same nation. All that exists is tribalism, slander, propaganda and us vs. them. That's fine for sports. It sucks for a country. And we are all to blame.

Yes, this is a general discussion sub-forum. But the board's rules exist for a reason. Let's bond over what we have in common.

Therefore, this thread will be locked. I'll leave it up to TTF if he disagrees or wants it deleted completely.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.