1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Updated NFL Post First Round Mock

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Thor, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I'm not overly familiar with the either author of the lastest NFL Post Mock , so the veracity of their analysis and predictions is open to debate. That said, I thought it interesting because it took a turn that deviates from most of the mocks I am familiar with, and thus emulates a scenario that could happen if teams made an early run on DB's.

I included their thoughts for the Steelers pick at 1.15:

A couples of takes I had from it:

- Pushing most of the QB's out of the top ten is much more indicative of their actual value. Doesn't mean teams won't reach for them, of course, but seeing three taken in the first ten picks just doesn't jive with me. Not that I wouldn't prefer it to happen that way - let 'em take all the QB's, RB's, PK, and K's they want north of 1.15 - just gives the Steelers more talent at positions of need.

- The run on DB's I could see happening. And if so, along with Evans, would crunch Colbert/Tomlin a bit. Nothing against Hagemen, but he wouldn't be my pick at 15 here, Barr would. If they didn't want Barr, try trading down with the Packers - they would snap him up, and likely Hagemen is still there at 21, along with Mosely, Lee, and Roby.

- Ebron continues to march up the board. A few weeks ago some were sitting him at 12, flirting with top ten. Now, more are turning the Bucs at 7 into his landing spot. I may re-watch some of his film. I always thought he looked good, just fell a bit shy of the elite, top-15 status most were stamping on him.

2. Nah85

Nah85 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    i dont see the bucs picking ebron as in my opinion they a,ready have a pretty good te who is going to get better in timothy wright.

3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Absolutely hate this pick for the Steelers. Hagaman in the second round, fine, but he's far too much of a boom or bust player for us to risk our first rounder on him. I go Barr, Mosely, or Marquise Lee if the draft falls like this. I'd even prefer Robie, Nix, or Martin to Hagaman.

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Scheme / Shmeem give me Donald over Hageman six days a week and twice on Sunday.

5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Didn't I read that Ebron had a TERRIBLE Pro Day? With that being the case, why is he marching up the board?

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Pro days are just a small piece, and he didn't really have a terrible pro day.

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That would be a dreadful way for the first round to unfold for us. Trade back if that happens, if you can.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :facepalm: Amazing, isnt it, one dolt says he had a terrible pro day and people run with it (not you persay, Jack).

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    My initial thought was that maybe he'll drop to us because of it. :shrug:

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ah, gotcha. There are a few teams between 9 and us he can land, I don't think he will go higher then 9 so not bad odds that he falls to us. Not sure he will make it past the Giants though. I totally think we are going DB anyway.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    one dolt? take a look around the web BF it was far more than one dolt. 3 drops at his pro day. 11.43% of his targets were dropped in his career at NC. some dolt didn't just make these numbers up. 15 is way too high for that type of concentration lapses. I've watched his blocking over and over and he blocks like a WR not named hines. sure anyone can get better but at pick 15 there is a lot to be concerned with too. I guess everyone is just out to make him look bad in the press and he is truly the #1 pick in all the land, he should be the new "he hate me". facts are facts, and just because you love the guy doesn't make every other truth just fantasy. if he didn't run a 4.6 he would drop well down the boards.:cool:

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Basically, yes. A crap load of articles around the web got written around this.

[tweet]448494170421080064[/tweet]

Plenty of people actually there said he had a decent pro day. The conditions were crappy and he had a few drops. That doesn't equal a "terrible" pro day.

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    it's not just about his pro day. it's those 3 drops added to a lot of others on gameday. that's why it's been written about. if he was a 3rd or 4th round TE we probably wouldn't hear about it. when he's being considered a minimum top 20 guy , yea it's a big deal. we are not a good enough team for dropped passes killing drives or to teach a TE to block. we went through that last year. are we going to count on him to open holes for bell? sure we can replace spaeths catches with his, but he'll never be confused with spaeths blocking, which really took off when he came back. that's a big reason we did well down the stretch. sorry I just don't see #15 material in this kid. not against NFL competition.:cool:

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, one dolt, Mac. Talking about his pro day, was it great? No but wasnt terrible either. As far as his drop percentage, the guy has an amazing catch radius, gets his hands on a lot of passes that count as drops if he doesnt haul them in. He also had Renner throwing to him, I don't know, I think Ben may be a little better :hmmm:

Whos everyone out to make him look bad? I just see you trying to make him look bad, every where I look he's a top 20 pick.

But he did run a 4.6, kind of important, his athletic ability is what makes him so great. He also churned out 24 reps on the bench.

His blocking isn't nearly as bad as you like to think.

Why do you care that I like his abilities? Im on record in several posts saying we will take a CB, why dont you relax a little.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    TTF doesnt want him at 15, hes just pointing out the bull **** article about his pro day.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    hey, I'm just trying to discuss this cat. I'm not upset, nor do I need to relax. your saying it's one dolt reporting this. no it's not. and no it's not just about his drops at the pro day. the kid scored 8 TD's in his career, big whoop, no he doesn't block well for a TE and he yes drops passes and not just outside his range or at pro day. I know we differ on a lot of guys and so do the teams and these writers and draft board makers. I just don't think he's the best thing since sliced bread and just because I put something negative on him on this site, does it mean I'm trying to make him look bad. he makes him look bad, I had nothing to do with it. he's had more than just renner throwing to him at NC.:cool:

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Again, that nonsense about his pro day spawned from one guy.

Renner, whoever, none of them are very good.

He makes himself look way better then bad, no one is perfect, not even the guys you pimp.

But thats ok, you don't have to like him, plenty of people disagree with you though. If most felt like you, he'd never go as high as he is going to.

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Pray this doesn't play out, this would
    be horrible @15

20. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think Colbert is too smart to take a project at #15 coming off back to back 8-8 seasons. I'm pretty confident in saying there's a ZERO percent chance of taking Hageman.

Coming off back to back 8-8 seasons, I think both Colbert and Tomlin will be in agreement of taking a player that can contribute immediately. They no longer have the luxury of building for the future.

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    A CB or WR at #15 will get on the field quicker than a D-lineman would.