1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATE ON BELL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Dec 28, 2014.

1. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would think no Bell this weekend vs. the Ratbirds and if we win then he will be questionable for the Broncos. As for Ben he looked pale as a ghost and certainly did not look right in the first half especially. I saw on Twitter one of the Steeler reporters said Ben got sick on the sidelines just before kick off...

I think the Steelers get a hard fought win Saturday night without Bell and we go to Denver and smack the Broncos with a healthy Bell!

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Nothing said on Mike & Mike this morning. They were discussing the possibilities of him playing this weekend, which are slim, but said nothing about the season being over. Did you hear this yourself and if so, on what ESPN radio show?

3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    They'll want to keep the Rats guessing, let them come up with 3 game plans instead of only 1 , ( Bell, Harris, or Tate? )

4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Tomlin, said not too much at his press conference. Other than he has a lot of pain in his knee, which is normal with an hyper extended knee. Said he was on the stationary bike like he was preparing for the Tour de France, but said that's Leveon and we will be making the right decision if he will play or not, basically saying we will leave the light on for him. If he is healthy enough to protect himself, and help our efforts to win, he will play. If we can't answer yes to all those questions he won't and it's just that simple Tomlin said.

5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    There will be little guessing at our game plan Saturday..... we'll be strapping a saddle on Ben and riding him until that horse breaks. Josh Harris, Dre Archer, Ben Tate.... strike fear into nobody.

6. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I listen to ESPN radio every day at work and have not heard them say anything like that.

7. Ryan

Ryan Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Same here. I haven't seen or heard anything like what steel_d_curtain wrote. I wouldn't be surprised if Bell is out for a while and the Steelers are downplaying the injury, but nothing like that has been reported.

Also, the Steelers wouldn't be hiding the injury as long as they list him on the injury report. I'm not familiar enough with the NFL policy to know if it would be a violation if what steel suggested is true and that the leg injury is what put Roethlisberger's status in doubt for the game against the Bengals.

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You can get lost in all the nuance of reporting injuries in the NFL. For instance New England tries to bury you with reporting everything from sore muscles to hangnails. Oh what's this down at the bottom of page three Tom Brady sore ribs wow almost missed that. Some try to be nonspecific, he has a run of the mill ankle injury, others try to be very very specific, he has an irritation of sinus cavity brought on by a subsurface scraping from the third distal philange. As they say in the movie the last boyscout, the injury report is all for the Vegas odd makers

9. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    You mean like Ben and his "stomach virus" aka s**ts

10. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Thanks Glenn I'd go just for the best seats in the house!

11. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Haha stupid bungles taking out fans too!!

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    bell has a bone bruise. More and more looks like he is done :/

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

How does a bone bruise cause him not to play

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Do you have a link? I've not heard anyone officially label it as a bone bruise.
    A bone bruise would require a long recovery...longer than this week.

15. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    PLEASE post a link when you come on here making statements that Bell is done for the season!

Otherwise, I'm going with what Tomlin said in his news conference.

16. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Source?

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  18. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    No way is it a bone bruise it was a shoulder pad to a knee with padding.

19. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I believe the bruise is caused by the hyperextention, where the bones then rub against each other, causing the bruise. It's not from the actual contact from the fkface from Cincinnati.

20. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Pain. Lots of pain. And a good amount of swelling making flexing the knee near impossible - especially under strain. (Went through 2 bouts of it this year. They called it arthritis, but that's how it likely started - although not from a hyperextension. Maybe not quite a "bruise" either. But the bones rubbing together just the same.)

Funny thing is, it lasts a good while, and seemingly disappears overnight. One day you're feeling no better than the previous week or 2, the next, you're fine. Or maybe that's the steroids kicking in. :lolol:

Ice, rehab, maybe some cortisone and/or prednisone and time. All you can do. I'd say this week is out, period. Still hope after that if the team can do their job without him.

21. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    True but if the line blocks adequately those RB's can get enough yards to keep the defense honest. You never know how things will work out. In 2010 the Packers made James Starks
    the starting RB in the playoffs after he had 100 yards the entire season and that worked out well. If Ben can play like Rodgers did we have a good chance.​

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm more confused now. So is it a bone bruise or not?

23. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ah put some windex on it, plus take any word and I will tell you the Greek root word it comes form Steelers from the Greek for Gods of Football, Super Six, see it is Greek!

Ok I have filled my horrible movie qoutes quota for the year. Still have one day left but want to get it out da way so I start the new year right.

24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    sorry I read it on my bleacher report app. Ravens fans feel very confident now lol.

25. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I hope so. I hope the team does even more.

Makes that first hard shot to their mouth even more stunning. ;)