1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Up to the Steelers to protect their 6 SB's

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Shouldn't have been relying on another team to do our dirty work anyway. Screw the Falcons.

Nail the draft, make a big FA move for once and make sure Bryant doesn't get within 5,000 yards of cannabis and take care of business yourselves next season.

And pray everyone stays healthy.

Its incredibly hard to repeat, too. So we have that in our favor as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Protect our 6 SB ?? We all know, deep down inside, that Tomlin will drop the ball on this. And It'll bounce out of the stadium clean into the parking lot. Picked up by a 6 yr old girl, then thrown out of her mom's back window into one of the rivers going home !

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was thinking the same thing. I wasn't going to become a Falcons fan all the sudden (or any other team for that matter).
    If Steelers want to stay the SB winningest team, they better get winning SB's.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Here is hoping that this team will be ready as 2017 seems as likely a turbulence of energy for our sail as ever....

... energy that is rapidly dwindling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It's already over, there is no debate... Patriots have surpassed the 70's Steelers in everyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Next year was the year I was predicting for them anyway. Im concerned about Ben but with a couple more pieces on defense, they will have as good a chance as they ever will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    I'm sick and tired of an asterisk(*) level coach (Patriots), with 3td level players (their team), taking the heart of low self esteem coaches and their teams (everyone but the NY Giants).

The 70's Steelers could've won 6-7 SB's, but Don Shula and the rest of the league front office deliberately changed the rules to eliminate the Steelers contention (look it up). A-holes are no where to be found when it comes to these sleeze-bag Patriots... F the NFL !

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Me the same.

However, given the fact that Ben's clock is now approaching midnight, our ambition must be kept in perspective.

Pittsburgh has a golden oppurtunity in front of them. Much of the same will not be the case next year for any team.

The time is now to ascend to the stairway. Much work must be done as you stated. We were close with three building blocks for the future on defense. A pass rusher and some depth are all that remain.

After that, time for a title run. No excuses.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

We need to do it during the 2017/18 season. No doubt about it.

I hope our guys are thinking of this, as well.

The Super Bowl is over and every team is on a level playing field once again. The time is now.

GO STEELERS! Please protect our precious babies. :towel:

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Tex Schramm tried in the 70's with the Mel Blount rule but it actually bit him in the rear. The Steelers too advantage of it and beat his team again. The biggest mistake the Steelers made in the 70's was hanging on to aging veterans when they should have been replaced. Most got old at the same time and the team tanked quickly after 1979.

11. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    You nailed it in your one statement about killing it in the draft. This team wasted a lot of draft picks on bad to marginal players lately. Can't do that when you are against trades and signing impact free agents.

12. Rhys Lightning 63

Rhys Lightning 63 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    I am legit scared going into next season. I am very much part of the 'Brady will not be this good in his 40's' club, but he is staring us down and I AM WORRIED.

13. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2017-2-6_7-33-37.png

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    can our team bounce back and handle the emotional roller coaster of winning?

Pats just take care of business, they don't care if it's booming or not lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The comparison of the Pats organization to the rest of the NFL is a joke. Preparation, film study, no drama, the patriot way has become a thorn in the side of every NFL team. This is what a real leader does. It's belichick. period. He makes virtual unknowns into more then just players. He controls every spec of this team, top to bottom. You don't hear any BS from the players. Everything is kept IN House. And winning is the only way...

Joe Greene said it best, Once you have the taste of winning, you want more.

Tomin and staff best be burning the midnight oil figuring out the Patriot way because the window of opportunity is now. Can't prance out that same team that just lost to the Pats. And yes, they will be back their next season, in the way again...

16. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Sadly I think the whole 6 Super Bowl thing is more of a rallying cry for the fans than it is the current crop of players on the roster. They sorta just "work here". I know there are a few around with a legit appreciation for Steeler history but I'd say it's very few. Don't get me wrong though, I want us to be the only team with 6 as well. Or 7. Or 8. I'm actually pretty easy to please. LOL!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    6 Super Bowls doesn't matter. The QB who got 4 of them called Brady/Belichick the greatest. The QB who got the other 2 sucks Brady off every chance he gets. We are the Patriots bitches. We aren't the greatest franchise in the NFL. They will tie or surpass us anyways but even if they don't. They are the greatest and we are their little brother as our QB said.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude I wouldn't even come close to saying the pats are "no drama". It's always something with them. Whether it's spygate, deflategate, radio signal interference, a player getting convicted of at least one murder and about to be charged with two more, Gronk constantly getting hurt, and stuff like that. I honestly feel like drama follows them around. I agree with most of what you said though. They get more out of less than maybe any team ever has.

19. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

I was talking to my brother about this last night. Wide receivers Amendola and Hogan, who played lacrosse not football at PSU my alma mater, initially have their NFL debuts as undrafted free agents. Edelman was drafted in the 7th round. Out of all of their offensive lineman, the left tackle is the only first round pick. I believe it was their center who is also undrafted free agent. I think three of their starting offensive lineman are in their second year. Not bad productivity out of draft choices.

These guys go to other teams, and they are mediocre at best. Why is that? I don't know to be honest. Billicheck is doing something right, and has done it like that consistently for years.

Watching the game last night, my brothers and I couldn't help but noticing that the three starting receivers were all Caucasian. The joke was that they only had a black running back because they saw his name and thought he was "White". :) As a bunch of white boys from the north, we should be rooting for the Patriots as they give guys like us a chance to play the game. On the other side, couldn't help but notice that everyone was black on the Atlanta team except the Quarterback. Can we get any more stereotypical lol? That must be why they were winning. :)

Just kidding if we can't joke about stuff like that together then we don't' have much going IMO. I have black friends I can joke to about stuff like this and we give it back and forth playfully. It's just meant to make people laugh a bit and not take things so seriously all the time. In the end, we all bleed red right? thought I'd share to give people a laugh. Hopefully it doesn't offend anyone as none of it is actually being serious. If it does. I'll delete the comment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah right. Steelers won't win another Super Bowl anytime soon. 49ers and Cowboys being tied at 5 with Patriots are more likely to hang with them. All we can hope for is a Brady retirement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We could have the best defence in the history of football but if butler calls another game like he did two weeks ago, the Pats would stomp us again.

I'm tired of hearing we don't have the personnel. Atlanta disrupted Brady most of the game with a defence full of old guys and young inexperienced guys, including a few rookies. Don't tell me we don't have the personnel and Atlanta somehow does.

Our coaching cost us the NE game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Atlanta's overall team speed on defense was pretty impressive. They definitely looked quicker than Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I honestly don't think Ben gives a crap about winning another superbowl, he's ready to go home after game 16, Ive seen some pretty lousy performances the last 5 years in the playoffs from this team none worse than the time before when we hosted the rats in the wildcard round and lost 30-15, having six lombardi's is meaningless because some team with 5 will end up tying that record anyway.....

24. robsong

robsong Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I"ve got no faith in our coaching staff that's all I got to say.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah... but they got tired in the 2nd half. New England's time-of-possesion was off the charts. Atlanta rarely had the ball.. and that's what ultimately did them in.

• Agree Agree x 4