1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Up next, the Vikings

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dd63, Sep 11, 2017.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben in the last 3 seasons has averaged 30.4 points at home.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I agree with those who say Ben is great at home. Steelers should look a lot better this week. I have Stefon Diggs and Kyle Rudolph on my fantasy team. Hope Haden is ready for Diggs... because Diggs tore up the Saints secondary and got my team a sh!tload of points.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  3. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    The Vikings defense will definitely come to play, but Bradford played well against an unbelievably bad Saints' defense.

We'll at least get more pressure.

The offense HAS to get out of the slump though.

4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I suspect we will get the offense going this week, but the Vikings have a good defense. We will need a couple big plays on defense and special teams if the offense is not able to score at least 24 points IMO. Expecting a win despite the lousy game against Brownies.

5. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    After the Browns game, I normally would be worried. But they have a game under their belts and a week to work out the kinks. Also the Vikings are coming off a short week and its a home game.
    I like the chances for a Steelers win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    the vikes looked pretty good. their line was a cause for concern but they ended up playing well. we will miss tuitt against them. alualu did well though. he's been a good pickup. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Bradford is a solid QB when not pressured. This is the key. Bring the heat! The Offense was out of sync, Haley's early questionable calls, Bell and Bryant's rust. Brown earned every penny and James chipped in major when needed. Watt and Chick should bring the heat (don't know if Depree will be ready) Home opener and it's time to lay the wood and move on. And not losing Tuitt for the season is large!

GO Steelers...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The vikes defense looked good against a poor saints oline, their secondary was solid but brees had no time to throw, the vikings Oline never got tested with pressure and with 5 new starters we need to put the pressure on them sunday to see if they are that good or not, playing against a weak saints team it's hard to judge how much of a threat they are, we have to bring our A game this week to find out.........

9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's going to be difficult to run the ball against the Vikings front 7. They are one of the best in the league. I don't see Bell having much success running the ball. Bell will need to get involved with the passing game... likewise with Bryant, McDonald, James, etc.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This is a tough game, dont sleep on the Vikes.

Thielen had a 157 yards receiving, type of receiver that gives the Steelers fits and Cook is a very good RB, had a 127 yards rushing.

Bradford looked very comfortable, played a good game. Need to make him uncomfortable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    That's the key to this game, if Bradford is comfortable it will be a loooong game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    True test for the defense and especially secondary. Bradford was throwing darts last night. If they put a LB or William Gay on Thielen, he's going to have a huge day.

13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    According to you guys we dont have a chance to beat them, I happen to believe the saints made them look good, I heard they was the best defense in the league last year and after they won their first 5 games they were crowned the best NFC team, but then they flopped and only won 3 games out of their next 11, went 8-8 and missed the playoffs, if they are going to be great this year I need to see more than 1 game against a sputtering saints team, they dont worry me they wont be at home this week with a home crowd and playing on grass instead of turf, I like our chances to beat them on grass with our home crowd...

14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Glad to see the Vikings play well, Steelers should take them seriously and show up.

Quit treating teams like cupcakes.

That's why I liked the 2008 team, when we had the hardest NFL schedule that year and won the super bowl.

In the words of Ric Flair you wanna be the man you gotta beat the man.

Whooooooo...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The vikings did look like they were in mid season form, sharp crisp, good timing pass plays. Total opposite of what the Steelers looked like. This does not bode well for us, latter in the season it would be better as it takes us 4 or 5 games to get in sync.
    p
    Bell and Bryant, not in the groove yet, Juju ? Tuitt might not play, Haley needs a muc h better game plan.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Vikes looked like the real deal... I have confidence in our team though. Jeremy Fowler of ESPN said that the staff plans on giving Bell a load of touches this weekend, excited to see it because I feel like I didn't even get to watch him play Sunday. Relieved about the most recent news about Tuitt- would be great to see him out there Sunday. We will need him to help take care of Dalvin Cook, he went off last night.

17. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Could not do it...not even for pickem ride or die that's me. Go Steelers

• Like Like x 1
  18. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Reasons for concern:

1.) Zimmer's Vikes are good out of the gates. Weren't they like 5-0 two season ago?
    2.) Steelers sometimes get in a funk vs. NFC teams.
    3.) Steelers always seem to need a few wake up games to prove to themselves they need to do more than just show up to win.
    4.) Play calling of Haley is absolutely pathetic. The more plays he calls, the worse our chances. You don't call endless bubble screens when you have 4.3 burners.

Reasons for optimism:

1.) Ben at home is potent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Steelers are 14-2 in home openers. The Vikings went 5-0 to start the season last year before injuries forced the wheels to come completely off.

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Depends on average Ben or God mode Ben.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I like our chances this week. Mommy has the top D in the league IMO, but their offense is just okay. They've got some good players and can put up points when Bradford is on, but they aren't a high powered offense. Well coached though.

We have some thing s going for us. Ben at home is usually good Ben. Bradford is meh on the road and outside of domes. I think our defense will surprise people this year too. We have speed and the Haden acquisition could prove to be huge for the secondary. We're getting after the QB too..

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They don't hit Bradford going to be a long day and I know let's try that flanker screen 4 or 5 times a game because that works so well Play like you're suppose toLike the high powered offense everyone's talking about

23. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

According to ESPN, his stats last year on the road and outdoors are still pretty damn good, with only a marginal drop off vs his home stats. Furthermore, his stats against AFC teams are better than against NFC teams.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/13197/year/2016

As long as good Ben shows up, I think it's going to be a helluva game.

24. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I really think the Vikings can win and the reason is our defense is as bad as the Saints. I know, we sacked Kizer 7 times but 5 of those sacks took place 5 to 7 seconds after the snap, coverage sacks on a rookie QB. The Vikings have a good defense, they can cover and rush the passer so if the Steelers fall behind early and can't run the ball and end up one dimensional it could get ugly. I have zero confidence in the defense, sacks against an indecisive rookie QB that happened after 5 seconds in the pocket and flushed out isn't going to happen against Bradford no matter how bad he can be. Remember when Matt Cassel lit this defense up, the same thing is very possible. It will depend on if we can run the ball and stay ahead, if the team falls behind by 10 they will be done, I'm hoping the offense can get better this week as the defense still looks horrific when it comes to defending the pass.

25. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Is she related to Coach Dad?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2