1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Unpopular Opinion Thread.

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by ToyotaTacomaFan, Feb 7, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thank You :thumbs_up:

2. ToyotaTacomaFan

ToyotaTacomaFan Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2022
    And on top of that he met all these people and inspired them. He Inspired Elvis to do that walk thing, he inspired the man who made the smiley face t shirt or whatever, he inspired John Lennon to write that garbage song "Imagine" and I think there is something about him being involved with watergate in there too.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This:this!:

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The sound track alone on Forrest Gump is enough 2 watch it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    Sure, while it did have some real good tunes, that alone doesn't make the film good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This is supposed to be about unpopular opinions

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You'd be surprised for Me it does. One of My favorite films is a 1999 movie called Ravenous, and it's the score that sells it for Me.

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Paul co-wrote most of the Beatles stuff with John. Lennon should be stripped of all awards just for that dirge, "Imagine" oh, and the plastic Ono band!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    Good movie!
    And people say "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" is the only Thanksgiving film.

10. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    I HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah, to varying degrees you can say that about mainstream music of any genre throughout the eras. But to varying degrees, not full blown sell out. And country used to be the exception to that. Very few BS artists lasted long. Now, that's all there is mainstream. To be fair, that also applies to non-country music anymore too. Maybe I'm just the stereotypical old man now.

Chris Stapleton is the exception to the rule. But the labels would probably STILL have him laboring with little promotion if Tennessee Whiskey hadn't blown up so huge. The fans forced their hands. The funny part is, Tennessee Whiskey wasn't that ground breaking. He took a song that had already been covered, and set it to "I'd Rather Go Blind" by Etta James, or at least a variation on it... then SANG his mfing *** off!!! I suppose execution often matters more than concept.

Your last line? Now we're talking.

This isn't the first time Country had an identity crisis. Nashville always had a fetish for crossing over to mainstream. They tried forcing acts out decades ago using poppy type songs, but the backlash became what we now call Outlaw Country. Maybe those last folks can turn the tide eventually.

My beef is way too much modern country is just following a formula. Catchy little rhythm, simple melody, and cringe level pandering. But the masses eat it up and don't even realize they're being pandered to. Nope, they just cheer, "WOOOOO!!!! I use KC lights TOO!" "YEEEEEEHAAAAWWWWW I'm blue collar too!" as they hear a song sung by an aging frat boy who never worked a real job in his life driving a 4x4 that never saw dirt and hauled only a case or 2 of beer wearing $500+ boots he'd cry over if they got scuffed. And dammit, if I hear one more effing song using snaps, I might go postal.

But hey, I grew up listening to my Dad playing on the radio the likes of Waylon, Johnny, Willie, George, Charlie, Hank, and Merle. Maybe I'm just spoiled. Funny, I HATED it back then. I wanted rock or top 40. Kids. :lolol:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    And while I'm in rant mode, Luke Bryan should be flogged until his back is in shreds, and then have poured over his wounds one margarita, two margarita, three margarita, and a shot.

I swear that song is going to shave 10 years off my life span.

Also, if you're singing about flippin' APPLEBEES?!?!?! Seek psychiatric help. No. I don't know the dude's name. Not important enough.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    "Dutch" says, "Am I a joke to you?"

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Are we sure this isn't a Tyler Durden thing? Has anyone seen them both in the same room? :hmm:

15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    TBH it's all personal taste. I find Imagine one of the best songs ever written.

I think one of the reason the Beatles were so popular they were something new and competition was not nearly what it is today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I agree the Oscars are BS but I hope that Tom Hanks movie, News of the World wins something. That young girl was amazing.

Forrest Gump, a bad movie. I could find you a billion people who disagree. Hell, the named a restaurant after it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All this:this!:

18. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    The lyrics are awful.
    I Don't wanna live in a world were we all hold hands sing kumbya and are friends with everyone powdering each other's asses.
    No Possessions? Sorry I actually like owning things.

Not to mention his winy voice.
    Ah I think that's one of their WORST songs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    Bubba Gump Shrimp?
    That tourist trap?
    Okay I'm not gonna lie Ive been there a couple of times when I was in Santa Monica, and it wasn't half bad.
    But it is a gimmicky joint.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    17. Putting on rap, or rock music, turning down the TV volume and watching the game, is a fun experience.

21. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    18. Mayo is the most revolting substance on planet earth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Does that count Miracle Whip????
    I like real Mayonnaise with a touch of lemon, but I prefer not 2 eat Miracle whip, or any of that. Though I will eat any of it if someone makes something with it.

23. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    In my book it counts.

• Like Like x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    1. For Me.
    There are No foods I've come across I hate. There are foods I will not buy, or make, but none I won't eat if someone else makes it.

25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Macaroni and cheese is the work of the Devil and shouldn’t be allowed anywhere, anytime!

• Like Like x 1