1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Unpopular Opinion Thread.

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by ToyotaTacomaFan, Feb 7, 2022.

1. ToyotaTacomaFan

ToyotaTacomaFan Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2022
    Okay Ill start with these two

1. The Beatles suck
    2. Pineapple on pizza is good.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    3. Life was a lot better before smartphones came into existence. Seriously a phone should ONLY be used for texting, talking, and maybe a couple of simple games like snake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    4. Too many breweries are masking their inability to make a decent beer by just throwing a metric @#%!ton of hops in it. Hops SHOULD NOT be the driving flavor of a beer! It should be an accent.

4B. Most IPAs are garbage. Oh, there's some really good ones out there. But for most, see #4.

5. Jack Daniels is a bourbon. There's no such thing as "Tennessee Whiskey." That's a marketing term, not an official classification. Don't even try to @me on that.

6. Fireball, Screwball, etc etc, are NOT WHISKEY!!! Not only should we stop calling it whiskey, but they shouldn't be allowed to even put whiskey on the label. It ceases to be whiskey the instant you add any flavoring/sugar. Yes, this includes flavored (such as apple, orange, or vanilla) Jim Beam, Jack, Jameson, Crown, etc. They're liqueurs.

7. If you thought "Lost" or "Game of Thrones" had good endings... let me rephrase that: if you think they stuck the landing (someone might misinterpret "good ending" as being a happy one. It doesn't have to be a happy ending), then you're so easily pleased, you probably even love root canals.

8. Every cover recorded by Weezer (released as a single or not) should count as a crime against humanity and make them face trial at the Hague.

9. Country music doesn't exist. It hasn't since the mid-90s. It's mostly just twangy pop sung by cosplayers.

Obligatory Mod note:

Let's remember the rules of this board and leave certain hot button topics off this thread. Try to keep it fun.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    10. Amy Schumer isn't funny.

11. Most Marvel movies either have repetitive origin stories or have too many characters for a coherent plotline. They're mostly bad movies.

12. Humans peaked in the 19th century.

13. Die Hard is the best Christmas movie.

14. Country music has never been better.

5. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    15. Spitting in another player's face should be a 4 game suspension.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The Beatles have a bunch of great music, and a bunch of sucky music. Same as the Stones.
    Pineapple is good on pizza, but I don't want a whole pizza with it. I will buy it by the slice that way.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    People actually got together more before any cellphones.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    IPAs mainly suck.
    Yes once you add a flavor that sticks out its a liqueurs.
    The Game of Thrones ending not only sucked ...it blew ,and I hate the Greyjoys were left out of it,and what they had of them were made sterile.
    Here is a homemade song I did in favor of the Greyjoys, My love for them in the books, and hate how they were portrayed in the show.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm a old school comic fan,and collector....So I watch all movies that come from them. Some are good,and some suck.
    Badly.
    Country music today in popular country is not country music, but Yes there are some doing great country today. They are just not popular.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah. There's some pretty good "underground" country going on. When I say country music sucks and is nothing but twangy pop sung by cosplayers (play acting. What we used to call in 80s rock "posers."), I'm talking about the mainstream, CMT, country radio, promoted by the record labels ad nauseam country. Yes, I mean him/her too. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    The Beatles are a boy band. Look at their old footage of them singing, and then compare it to say Backstreet Boys/N'sync. A bunch of girls screeching and going berserk.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    Yes, go ahead good sir give me that look. I stand by what I said.
    I F'n HATE!!! The Beatles.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed. I had a cousin who went on 2 be a finalists on the American Idol show,and I was embarrassed at the songs He did. All pop country. Of course my family said I was just jealous, but I wasn't. I wouldn't play those song for anything.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Those are the songs I agree sucked, but they have quite a lot of great songs.

16. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I'll second it. I'm not sure I'd say they suck, but the Beatles are without a doubt THE. MOST. OVERRATED. BAND. EVER.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Love the Beatles and hate pineapple on pizza but beats the hell out of anchovies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Amy Schumer turned me on for about a half minute.

• Like Like x 1
  19. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    While I agree early Beatles were candy ass I blame that on Paul McCarthy. Come on man, someone knocking at the door, somebody ringing the bell. You say you had enough of silly love songs, etc.

John lennon was a bad mother f------ and amazing song writer.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Most humans I have met have ISOE. Inappropriate sense of entitlement. Think about it boys and girls and you'll agree.

If humans who walked this earth 10,000 years ago came back and heard us complain they'd smack us silly. We have so much more then they ever had although I'd love to see my wife gathering nuts and berries while I gather firewood to eat the animal I chased down with my spear.

Deities came about because humans are scared ****less to think that death ends it all. Now if I'm wrong about it, I'm looking forward to finding Genghis Khan and shaking his hand because he was a man's man. DNA samples from Asia show his blood line is in about 25% of the people alive today. Come on man, that guy was a stud.

• Like Like x 1
  21. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Mainstream music has always been this way no? :shrug:

I agree with you that garbage like Keith Urban, Florida Georgia Line, Big & Rich, Lil Nas et al. are unlistenable.

What about Chris Stapleton, Kenny Chesney, Miranda Lambert? They get radio play. There's just as much crap music on other stations in different genres. Nobody really listens to radio or watches music on TV any more.

Was thinking more about Sturgill Simpson, Charley Crockett, Sierra Ferrell, Tyler Childers, Whitey Morgan, Larry Fleet, Hank III, Corb Lund etc.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Nicely done!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Early Beatles, yeah. Overrated, low-substance pop. However I kind of think of later Beatles music as some of the key building blocks for progressive rock. I know others were already paving that road, but would it have fully taken off without the Beatles heading in that direction?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    1) ToyotaTacomaFan and FosterMorris should be married.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. ToyotaTacomaFan

Feb 4, 2022
    16. Forrest Gump is a BAD film. I mean is he a war hero, football star, ping pong champion, guy who likes to run, guy obsessed with a girl, a shrimp boat captain? Pick one of them and stick with it. Pulp Fiction should of won best picture, but the Oscars are garbage anyway so who cares.