1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Unpopular College Post

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by S.T.D, Sep 3, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They should just rank the the Top SEC teams, Ohio State, Michigan , and not bother ranking the other teams.
    Did a rank team beat a ranked SEC team today???
    Oregon they had at number 11 . Did they even score a td today???

Cincinnati played in the playoffs last season, and they couldn't beat the 6th best team in the SEC My Razorbacks.
    7th ranked Utah is having trouble right now with a 30th ranked Florida . LoL
    Just 2 name a few.

2. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Oregon got a new coach bringing in a different philosophy and culture. It's going to take some time for them to get adjustments made and rolling. I hate preseason rankings because of this stuff. If Cristobal was still coach and they got wrecked, I'd be agreeing with you. I can't hold this game against Oregon for what they may or may not become this season. As for Cincinnati, they had a solid Sr. Class last year. They were mostly ranked for what they did last year and not what they are this year. I suspect they'll have a 9-3/8-4 type year. I think the Utah-Florida game was the real game that was an indication of Pac-SEC, as opposed to Oregon-Georgia. I wished these kickoff specials were week 2 as opposed to week 1 anyways. Lets get these kicks a game under their belts before jumping into the deep end of the pool. Opening week games habitually will be the worst game played. Pre-snap penalties, confusion on routes yada yada. Same applies to even schools like UGA and OSU. I think if OSU played ND week 3, that would've been a much better game for both teams. Perhaps the same result, but would've been a cleaner game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Cincinatti left ALOT of points on the field, I could throw better than that QB and I am 62 years old.The receivers were running open easily. Although I agree the sec top to bottom is best conference in football. As I have said in another thread follow the recruiting and more than likely that is how teams will likely fall. There is Bama, Georgia, OSU and then there is the rest of college football. I wanted Pitt to hire Billy Napier and fire Pat Narduzzi. SEC teams better watch out in a few years, Looks like the Gators will be relevant again.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1