1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Underpaid Players Article.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dkblue, Nov 19, 2011.

1. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yeah underpaid my a s s.....tell that to the guys making minimum wage or are unable to find a job

3. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I would agree Welker and Rodgers are underpaid for what they bring to the table and their time in the league. All the other players including Wallace are still under their rookie contracts and it's pretty well established that star players usually cash in on their 2nd contract, not the first. All these guys will do very well the next time around. I just hope we can afford "Flash" when his contract come due (next year??) :praying:

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Great! Now the occupy crowd will see this and we'll have "occupy the NFL" at all the stadiums......................wait, never mind, the 99% don't seem to care if the rich are athletes, musicians or actors.

:herewego!:

5. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :rawk: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!:

6. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's all about the market, bro.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Steelers have always paid their players fair market value. The Steelers
    are always at the top of the cap. They are not like these other greedy owners
    that pocket millions from their salary cap figures(Bengals). and other teams.

8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    :this!: Definitely haven't seen one protester mad that celebrities are getting out of every tax possible and most don't even pay insurance or taxes on their homes/estates. Wait, they "earned" their money and speak out on the 99% behalf!

9. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow rodgers is the michael jordan of football. :shrug:

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yea , poor welker is only making 2.1 million dollars this year. how will he feed his family. :bscow: :cool:

11. atcart02

atcart02 New Member

Oct 24, 2011

This is because athletes, musicians, actors usually stick to themselves. These aren't the people taking their ridiculous cash flow and using it to lobby congress so they can make even more money while screwing over the rest of the country. Most recent example: I don't think Wes Welker was part of the lobbying that made congress decide to vote pizza is a vegetable.

Long time lurker to poster, activate.