1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Under the radar pick at #24...

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by memphis_steeler, Apr 15, 2012.

1. memphis_steeler

memphis_steeler Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Peter Konz G/C Wisconsin

I read someone mention him not too long ago, and I ve thought alot about it lately.. Its the kind of pick that I can see us making, and it really wouldnt surprise me at all. There is a real possibility that guys like Glenn, Hightower, Poe, Adams, Martin and some more players that we would take could be off the board when we pick, and I really cant see us using the #24 pick on a wide reciever. And in all honestly, unless Tannehill falls or someone really wants to move up for Weeden, Im not sure that we can trade down...

Just my thoughts. I read this board everyday but dont post alot so dont blast me.

Go Steelers

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i would take zietler over konz

3. memphis_steeler

memphis_steeler Member

Oct 26, 2011
    i like zeitler, and i think that he could be there for us in the 2nd with the way solitilu and osemele among others have picked up steam lately and shot up draft boards. i think zeitler or konz could start at gaurd from day one for us. i think though that mike tomlins love for "position versatility" could make konz a more attractive option.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i read his body fat percentage is 16% , the most of all no lineman players , and he is rated a 3rd grade by a lot of teams scouts

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he's gonna be another antonio brown. :cool:

8. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Stephen Hill WR Ga Tech

9. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    In any of these cases, you have almost no choice but to trade DOWN in the draft to take them. You could get any of these guys at 30 or 33, why take them at 24? The Steelers I truly think are in a great spot for the super high draft slot teams. Any team that wants to get back up into the 1st round and get "their guy" may be willing to pay/overpay to get him.

10. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree. A month ago Hightower was a lock to be there for us and all these guards were pretty close to locked into being there for our 2nd pick. Now they've all risen and Hightower might be gone, and the guards will definitely be gone by the mid 2nd. If all our big targets are gone by #24, I'd be happy to trade back and land one of those guards (Silatolu, Zeitler, Osemele) with our first pick. Then we could ideally take Chapman if the team is high on him like I am, and two huge needs are met. ILB gets screwed over for another year, because even if we take another guy like Spence he won't start as a rookie, but you can't always get lucky in the draft, and landing three starters in three picks is pretty lucky. I'll settle for two and put up with Foote/Sylvester for a year if that's the way the cards are dealt.

11. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Where players are actually selected and where they were projected are often very different. Heck, I'll throw Nick Perry as my 2nd choice. He's expected to go later than the 24th and at a position not considered a "need". The fact is that none of us know what the Steelers personal Big Board looks like.

12. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Hightower, Hill, or Poe......I would be happy with any of those 3 at 24...and I think Poe and Hill could slide to the 2nd if their tape comes into play....maybe all 3 if you look back at the draft..and see both Maluga and Baby Animal last till the 2nd.

HACK