1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Unbelievable joke of a call by the ref on

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Utpittsburghfan, Oct 6, 2019.

1. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I am sorry for saying you ran. It is obviously not the case. I should not have done that and will not even offer my motivations for doing so as they don't matter. I intentionally needled you, which was wrong.

Now, tell me exactly what you think is wrong about my "interpretation" of the rule. In fact, show me exactly where I interpreted the rule at all. From the start my whole point (until you annoyed me by repeatedly misinterpreting my point) was that the rule itself calls for only forcible contact to be called. I get that you didn't like how I gained knowledge of the rule (from a rules expert on a national broadcast. A rules expert who made a point of saying that the rule calls for only forcible contact to be called. To me that was good enough. But irrelevant really). Again, I agreed about your take on how it is actually enforced. I was never arguing about that or about what should or does count as forcible. I was correcting you about the actual rule. I have since quoted and linked the actual rule since you wouldn't look it up yourself despite claiming I was wrong about it. You were wrong about it. I was right regardless of how I came about my knowledge. I am still waiting for you to admit that. Instead you spin and try to make this an argument about board etiquette,

2. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    So there is no confusion about how this all started, here it is.

The part of your post that I initially commented on:
    My response:
    It isn't the rule, which I have proven by quoting the actual rule and linking the rule book. If that isn't good enough I am not sure what is.

3. oksteelers#20

oksteelers#20 Member

Nov 15, 2011

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I already explained it to you. So did blast. You just don't like the answer, so you are making another false claim.

I will give you credit for owning up to the other one. Well done.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I explained this to you. So did Blast. You really need to get past your desperate need for a win on this one.

6. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    Quote where I interpreted the rule. Go on. It shouldn't be hard except it is because I didn't interpret it. Unless you actually show me where I interpreted the rule I am going to assume that I didn't do so. Again, if you disagree then give the the darn quote. That is not a ridiculous thing to ask. You are continually making false claims about what I said. If you think they are true then give the darn quote.

And what blast said had nothing to do with our disagreement as I agreed with you right away about how the rule is actually called. I have never been disagreeing with you about that (if you think I did, then again show me the quote). All along I have disagreed with what you claimed the rule was. You continue to refuse to deal with my actual words whereas I have routinely quoted your actual posts and responded to them. Once again since you still amazingly refuse to admit you had the rule wrong:

What you said:
    My response:
    The actual rule as written in the rule book:
    Notice how I am including our actual words so there can be no debate about what was actually said. You were wrong about the rule. I was right about the rule. Admit it or at least quote my actual words instead of making false claims about them. It is tiring. You refuse to use my actual words because they don't say what you claim they say. You have done this repeatedly in this thread. If you can't either admit you were wrong, which I have clearly shown yet again, or use my actual words in a quote to show that I said what you claim I said, then I am done with you as you are arguing disingenuously.