1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

UFO’s

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Blast Furnace, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    JJ Abrams, I’ll definitely check this out. I don’t believe in them but this will probably be a good watch. Things that make you go, hmmm.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I have never seen one, but that doesn't mean anything either way.:shrug:
    I didn't believe in Bigfoot till I seen one. Now I'm not saying it was Bigfoot. It could have been someone dressed up, but like my Cuz that was with Me at the time (2:30 am fishing)said....Which one is scarier....A Bigfoot, or some crazy fool dressed as a Bigfoot at 2:30 am. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I actually have seen a UFO. Many moons ago (early December 89) but with other witnesses. But it was just that: unidentified.

Best odds are that it was a meteor. Damn big one, but meteor nonetheless. There was a thin cloud cover that night (you could see the moon, but only shape and light. Maybe 50% obscured). We all noticed it about the same time. Not quite overhead, and not in the same area as the moon. A bright blue circle, roughly the same size in the sky as the moon, maybe ever so slightly smaller and above the cloud cover (so light and shape similar to how the moon looked). At first it seemed stationary, but as soon as our brains registered what we were seeing, it streaked very quickly across the sky to the east and disappeared over the horizon. But we didn't see a "tail" or long streak like normal meteors. Maybe due to the cloud cover.

It was a cool sight. Others all along its path saw it too. But being very late at night, it didn't whip up as much attention as some. Barely a mention of it on local radio and that was about it. This was LONG before the social media age.

I've long assumed it was a bolide meteor. The only thing that puzzled me was if it looked that big and bright, where did it hit??? Unless it just bounced off our atmosphere, or its angle of descent carried it out to sea (we were in Eastern PA).

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hmmm. That's pretty cool. I'm always looking, but like I said. I just have never seen one.

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I was burning some brush one night and saw 3 lights arranged in a triangle go across the sky. They were the same size as you've seen satellites and that was originally what I thought I saw then I spotted the other two corners. It was a very clear winter night. I'm sure it wasn't a UFO because the 3 points were spaced out enough that for that to be one object (that far up in the sky), it would be like another moon and I could also see the stars as they passed inside the triangle. It didn't black anything out. Just thought it was cool, I've never seen 3 satellites move in unison across the sky like that.

I know there's some starlink sats that were launched but I thought they were visible in a straight line. Not sure though.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I never see anything. LoL. I might be 2 busy looking in the woods. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Remember the Phoenix lights? Back in the late 90s, IIRC? They still talk about them to this day.

Yeah, the sight was impressive, and massive looking. But as soon as I saw the videos coming out on TV, I laughed. My immediate reaction was, "oh, come on! Those are flares!" Being in the USAF, I saw similar lights at night often, sometimes even forming arcs, or angles. Flares.

Now, I know many witnesses described a triangular craft. But the VIDEOS didn't. Just flares floating in the sky.

• Like Like x 1
  8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I don't remember ever hearing about it when it happened only years later. What ever happened to that gov't report that was going to be released in June?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Link???. I'm always curious about ...as Mom always said when I was a kid.....Stupid $hit that don't matter. LoL.

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hmm. $hit is scary if it was true. Though I tend 2 not trust buried memories, or uncovered memories. I've read 2 much in the negative 2 that. The seeing of the 1st encounter is very interesting, and bizarre.
    If there is some stuff like that....I never want 2 run into it. LoL.

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I think that one was confessed to be a hoax by one of the witnesses. I was thinking that was the Fire in the Sky story at first, but that was a different one. Also highly suspect, but a good movie. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    My first thought was Fire in the Sky.
    LoL.
    I guess it would all be highly suspect, and always will be unless there is more inconclusive evidence.

• Like Like x 1
  16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I had never heard of it being recanted so I found this article. A lot of in-fighting amongst the group it seems.

https://fiddleheadfocus.com/2016/09...-incident-casts-doubt-on-allagash-abductions/

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    "Repressed memories" uncovered by hypnosis are highly suspect. For one thing, we STILL don't know exactly how memory works in the first place. And even our conscious memories can be faulty. Oh, we believe with all our heart that what we recall is real, but it often has errors or false impressions due to associated memories: the brain's tendencies to associate one memory with another. And all of us are highly suggestible. But we would be unaware that either we were suggested into remembering the wrong thing, or even that we conflated different memories into what we remembered. An example of that would be remembering a line from one movie but thinking it came from a different one, or hearing someone say something right or wrong, and then later, actually believing you yourself witnessed it. (Like, say, Muslims cheering across the river after 9/11. It never happened. But people to this day will tell you they saw it themselves. They didn't. They heard about it on that day, and with the stress and trauma of that day, their brain filed it away and eventually they recall seeing it).

And none of us are immune to false memory. Oh, we like to think it can't happen to us, but it does. Every day. You lost your keys or TV remote, but you SWEAR you remember putting it exactly here! You didn't. You usually do, but not this time. And when something that trivial can trick your brain, over time, even bigger events can be altered. It's one reason eye witness testimony is often not enough to convict.

It's like the Mandela Effect. People will swear up and down that it used to be this, and now they're telling me I'm wrong! No way! It WAS like this! I remember it exactly! No. You don't. You're conflating things or having false memories from source confusion. No one ever said, "Beam me up, Scotty." on Star Trek. But it was often said in parodies, etc. Now people swear they remember Kirk saying it for instance. You didn't. Or that Daniel's headband in the Karate Kid was a red rising sun, but now they're saying it was always blue. No way! Sorry. It WAS always blue. But some movie posters showed a red headband, and the old cartoon did as well (as well as all kinds of Japanese rising sun themed paraphernalia being popular in the 80s). Conflated memories. Jif has always been Jif peanut butter. You're conflating it with Skippy if you swear it used to be Jiffy. Sinbad never did a movie called Shazam where he plays a genie. Shaq did one called Kazaam. Shazam is a DC comics character. It's a copyright name. They couldn't use it if they wanted to. (Yes, I know Sinbad has said on occasion he did, in fact, make that movie. He's pulling your leg. It's a joke. John Fogerty sings "there's a bathroom on the right" live as a joke sometimes too. It doesn't mean that's the real lyric) Sinbad played in a lot of kids movies. He even dressed as a genie on one of his TV shows. The movie Kazaam had trailers on some of Sinbad's movies on VHS. Massive conflation.

And during hypnosis, you're even more susceptible to suggestion than normal. So these "repressed memories" are really controversial. Remember the day cares with dozens of kids recalling only under hypnosis abuse? Lives ruined over it. None of it was real. It was later determined that the kids were lead into bizarre memories from leading questions. Psychologists in studies have proven they can make someone remember being attacked by a dog, for instance, even when it never happened. So these alien abductions, as compelling as the stories are, need to be taken with a grain of salt. Especially when these people go into the process already trying to remember being abducted.

Yes. I know that's not as fun. I want to believe too. But wanting something true, and actually having evidence are not the same thing.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly what I said.
    Well not in as much words, but what I was talking about in mine when I said ....I tend 2 not trust buried memories, or uncovered memories because of all the stuff I've read about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I found the show very interesting. I'm a believer there are many planets out there with life. We can only see so far into space. Whose to know if there are universes that have different elements then we have which would give them the capabilities to visit us??????? That said, the show made good points for these things people see being secret government projects.

Those Navy pilots clearly saw those things. One man made a good point about them being a secret gov test and the other made a good point as to why the gov would risk the pilots lives testing like that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I've always thought there is life forms around us that we can't identify. Living in an unknown non-biological structure. :eek:

• Like Like x 1