1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tyrann Mathieu

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 88Unstoppable82, Mar 21, 2022.

1. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    n’ at

3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    a guy who watched him everyday in practice doesn’t even rank him as the best on the team. But remember everyone on this board are the smartest nfl people in the world lol
    https://www.sportscasting.com/rams-...oper-kupp-surprisingly-low-top-5-nfl-wr-list/

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    When you can’t think for yourself, look for other people to do it for you. This is your goto always. It’s so dumb because all you are doing is finding someone’s opinion that aligns with yours.

So I guess when your opinion differs from NFL players or real analysts it’s because you are the smartest person in the world :rolleyes:

It’s Ramsey’s personal experience on who he finds most difficult. If you asked every CB in the league for a list, do you think they’d all be the same? Also, Ramsey is a dick so excuse me if I don’t fall all over myself about his opinion.

Trying to argue the guy with a historic season isn’t the best WR that year makes you look dumb. You yourself said what a beast Kupp is but since you got pause back now you are going to try and pretend he isn’t.

• Like Like x 2
  5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'd think the guy who plays against Cooper kuop everyday in practice, is universally regarded as the best dB in the game, and saw every single snap of Cooper kupp this last yr would know more about his impact and ability than anybody on this board. His personal experience far outweighs anything anyone on here can say including me.

6. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Alot of Chief fans have been saying that they aren't sad to see Mathieu go. That he can't tackle, and isn't that fast anymore. It reminds me of Ebron, Colts fans said he was going to break our hearts with his drops, I believe in the fans more than the experts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Wrong on so many levels. Playing the game and evaluating other players are very different skill sets. Also, just because a player said something doesn't mean they are being fully honest. Just on those two points alone, your post is incorrect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Think about that for a second, a guy that he sees and practices against every day, who has he seen on his list more than he sees Kupp. He knows Kupp like the back of his hand, that gives him a leg up covering him over those other guys. He played with OJB for like 5 games so don’t include him.

Doesn’t matter anyway, he’s not the be all end all on the best WR’s in the league, plenty of NFL players and analysts will have a different list than him.

A guy that was uncoverable last year with a historic season is the best WR. Doesn’t mean he’s the goat but no other WR last year can touch him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...msey-crowns-deandre-hopkins-best-receiver-nfl
    He was saying this about obj before he played with obj and he strictly said his ranking was from this season. He said adams and tyreek impact the game the most. He argued they are interchangeable at 1.

I haven't seen anyone call him the best. I see most of the players, analysts, aficionados, etc. Calling devante adams the best.

Just like TJ Watt had the best season last year for defenders but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone not associated with the steelers calling him the best over Aaron Donald.

And ask jaire Alexander if he thinks adams isn't the best since he has a leg up but covering him everyday.

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He knows more than you or anyone else on here I know that much. There's a reason PLAYERS are so eager to get his assessment on the game. Do I see anyone on here knocking down the door to hear what anyone on this board has to say?

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So by that logic what you just said was meaningless.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :roflmao:

You’re funny. So in your mind every player and every analyst when asked to name the best players are all going to be in agreement.

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Again find me those saying kupp is the best.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dude You will come 2 find that many people in this world are sheep, or as I call them sheepple .....They only repeat what others say,and do....very few free thinkers going on....whatever is popular opinion must be correct.....So.....even if Watt was the greatest D players in the league it will take a big name guy , or maybe even a couple 2 make people change their minds....A. Donald has been imprinted in sheeples minds....I will bet even when He can hardly play ....He will still get voted 2 the pro bowl.
    There is evidence of this throughout history, and in sports.
    D. Sanders, Peyton Manning, and B. Sanders....for example:(right , or wrong)....people will argue these 3 are the greatest ever, and yet have not watch one play by them outside of a highlight, but......they've heard it so much they just repeat it.....like sheep....bahahabahaha.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL I’ll get right on that for you. Wait right here.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was just about to mention to our young friend that there are a lot of people who actually can think for themselves

Unfortunately there are many who can not and they listen to who they think are experts

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    They're not just experts, they're........ANALYSTS!!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Wait, wasn’t it analysts who were saying that we were going to sign Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Baker Mayfield and every other quarterback who’s been on the market this off-season? :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not a big fan of the term “sheep” To often used to describe some that doesn’t share your opinion

• Like Like x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I thought sheepple was creative

• Like Like x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    People want his opinion for the same reason they want the opinion of other current players or former players. They have name recognition. It isn't about what they know. That is among the many, many things you do not understand regarding the game of football and how it is both played and covered.

Players would rather listen to each other than anybody else, but that doesn't mean they are right to do so. They know more about playing the game than we do, but about evaluating other players? Some yes. Some no. There are players out there who are blisteringly ignorant about such matters.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Who calls Peyton the best ever? Brady is pretty much universally regarded as the goat. Why shouldn't people call d sanders the goat? Rb is probably the one postion where the goat isn't universal.

And it's nothing about that. If you're that great you can change people's minds. Example Aaron Rodgers prior to mahomes was thought of by man as the best arm talent ever. Now though people are questioning that cause of mahomes.

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    There are ignorant players. Typically it isn't a guy who's one of the best. But anyways people want to here their opinion and thoughts because there's are more valid than anyone else. There's a reason they don't go to randos off the street for opinions.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    F U Sheep.
    LoL.
    Just playing. I don't use it that way....I promise. The most sheep follow trends.....like ohhh today's color is the grey....Grey is the new black....I could put up a book of examples.....if You don’t know what I'm talking about....just think back 2 being a young teen ,and how what was mainly thought cool was what the popular teens thought was. (Whether it was or wasn't, and how fast that could change)....that is a small miniscule sample of what Sheeple are.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Winner...:this!:
    I've know guys who played that only really knew their position, and not really much beyond that....
    That use 2 make me think.