1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tyrann Matheiu

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Cbus Steelers, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Where is this guy projected to go as of right now? Any of you guys have any interest in him and think he can be a steal to get late? Could provide a spark in the return game immediately. Or too much baggage to even consider?

2. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would say he would be worth a shot in a later round. But who knows with what troubles we've had with rainey and Ta'amu this season, i think character of each player will be under a microscope with colbert.

3. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I've read that he is projected to be around a 3rd or 4th round pick now. But possible that someone takes him earlier.

4. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    No thank you and you can about guarantee that anybody with characterissues won'tbe drafted by the Steelers

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Oh no not another pot smoker

6. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    RIGHT

if he was only some kind of METH FREAK or OXY MORON wouldn't be so bad then

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    There's a point where he is worth the risk. I haven't seen him play in a year, so I've lost my feel where that point is. However, I am guessing that for someone else the risk will be worth a 3rd or 4th rounder, and I don't see that being the case for us. He was a really electrifying player before he blew it.

8. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    My guess is he goes early 3rd.

I'd bring him in for the pre draft interview and see what you think. Do something similar to what they did with Mike Adams. Ryan Clark went to LSU, let Clark take him under his wing. I like him more as a safety and nickle guy, than I do CB.

9. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If he drops take a chance on him. Colbert said you have to take guys with character risks sometimes and that he'd do it again. He also said that they need to overlook defensive drafting especially corners when it comes to drafting playmakers. He said records show if they are around the ball in College they will make plays in the NFL. We all know this kid can play if he falls to 5th Id grab him.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    No thanks he's like 5'9 180lbs and a pot head we don't need anymore knuckleheads.

11. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    But he has something alot of guys dont have, heart. To rule the guy out bc he smoked some pot? Heck no. If he has his head out of his arse and seriously wants to get turned around and play in the NFL, give him a shot. We've all dont stupid stuff and regretted it later. If you havent, you're either lying or younger than ....25 maybe 30.

12. turkeysniper

turkeysniper Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    most peoples stupid stuff stays hush hush. not saying i'm not interested but you have to grade the amount of risk. you also can't have 4 out of 7 draft picks with risk issues regardless of value. hindsight is 20-20, but you have to have enough of the sure thing to carry you when your risk turns out bad.

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am scared of his size, 175LBS doesn't match up well with
    220LB rb. I would also have it put into his contract
    that he would be drug tested every week. 1 strke and your out?
    He would be a low low round pick in my book. To many variables to overcome.

14. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    no thanks. his size is a concern to me but he is a major playmaker with the ball in his hands. dont forget he was the best player in the country and getting ready to make a ton of money until he screwed up. that tells me all i need to know about him. he aint to sharp. one mistake maybe but this kid has had multiple.