1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Two Words: Julian - Edelman

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steeler guru, Jan 17, 2017.

1. steeler guru

steeler guru Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Who can cover Julian Edelman?

We all know that Edelman is going to beat us, and do you mean to tell me that a whole football team can't cover one guy !!! How does Edelman run free and wide open every week?

Why is it that the NFL can't find a defensive back that can cover Edelman?

And not just Edelman, Jordy Nelson too. Do you mean to tell me that the NFL can't find a DB to cover these guys?

Why can't we double or triple Edelman? Who else can the Pats use to beat us?

I'm already angry at the way Edelman is going to make the Steeler DB's look like bums, and the game is still 5 days away.

If Edelman is allowed to run free like Hill did for KC, then Brady is going to light up the scoreboard.

This is pitiful! This is disgusting! An entire team with a Super Bowl trip on the line, and we don't have a single DB, or even 2 DB's that can cover Edelman.

2. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Covering Edelman must be easier said than done. Our coaches know know more than we do (you would think. They know what has to be done to stop Brady. Whether their personal can do it is another thing. With Brady I would try to put pressure up the middle to force him out of the pocket. With KC's Smith you do the opposite. With A. Rodgers your screwed either way.

3. BadwordLebeau

BadwordLebeau Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I'm more worried about Martellus Bennett.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think you better add some names Guru, Blount, Lewis, Bennet, Amendola, etc

You get my drift?

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    broken arms should do the trick. tom toms and julians. :shrug::cool:

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Because those 60 yards and 0 TDs Edelman had against us last time clearly prove he's an unstoppable force.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Part of it is the routes the Pats run, they run pick plays A LOT.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    As long as it's not Timmons...

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Clearly. His transcendent talent will supercede our ascending defense in spite of the fact that he is a product of the system.

10. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Edelman you have to play physical with him from the very first snap. Disrupt him and bump him he gets agitated and starts playing thuggish and physical it may draw some flags but it's gotta be done. He trys to get into players heads, that whole team is full of themself and arrogant we have to more than match that to have any chance of slowing Edelman down. The main motivator for that team is not wanting to disappoint BB, Kraft, and that fanbase they are not that forgiving as other teams. If they lose its like the world has come to an end!!!! I dare you lose a game!!! Other teams are like.. "we will live to play another game" plus Bradys got that I got screwed and disrespected in the draft attitude and will play until he can't play anymore. Steelers got to take the mentality of playing aggressive in all phases for 60 minutes and don't let up!! Why not us!!!!

11. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He'll be the slower version of Hill, it was good that we had to go against speedy gonzales, it'll get the Steelers ready for the cry baby Edel. I can vision Davis and Mitchell crushing that little punk.

12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He's cracked 100 yards only twice this season and only had 3 TD's. Edelman is just one of their many weapons, but I'm not too worried about him single-handedly beating us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    If the D does what it has done the last few weeks, the Pats will put up some points, but it will be a manageable number for our offense. Yards after the catch mean more against the Pats than I think any team in the league.

14. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You mean if the receivers drop a lot of passes and the opposing o-line forgets to block it may be manageable. If not for dropped passes the Steelers would have lost to KC, the idiotic play calling inside the 5 yard line still kills me but doesn't surprise. We have to understand that our offense plays against our DBs in practice so the empty set throwing TDs come 8 out of 10 tries so it looks good until they play teams with DBs that can cover.

15. SteelSpine

SteelSpine Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Here are my two words: Legarrette Blount.
    ...Followed by these two words: Dion Lewis.

It starts with stopping the run first and foremost... If Legarrette Blount gets going in AFCCG, then it will be a long day... FULL STOP!

Then, we need to contain Dion Lewis whom is very similar to Tyreek Hill.

So, if we stop Blount and contain Dion Lewis... and, if our offense can actually score touchdowns, then we may be able to make the Patriots one-dimensional.

Even making the Patriots one-dimensional will be a challenge because love'em or hate'em (and I effing hate him) Tom Brady is the best QB to ever play the game.

Alot of ifs... along with the Patriot monkey on our back (our horrible record against them), we will need a monumental effort to punch our ticket to Super Bowl LI.

16. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Dion Lewis scares me most. I read that they have never lost a game with him in the line up. But, records are made to be broken right?

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Now that's funny

This team is the the team which played NE first time around. I am not saying the Stillers win or anything but this time around it wont be easy

18. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Amendola wasn't any threat in their last game, he had zero receiving yards and 1 run for 15, biggest threat was edelman who had 137 on 13 targets but no TDs, bennet had 1 catch for 4 yards, lewis only had 48 yards rushing blount 31, lewis only had 2 receptions for 23 yards 1 td, but he also had two fumbles and 1 was a turnover, so they had a very average game, stat wise, we need to look at how the texans shut them down and see why edelman wasnt covered since he moved them between the twenties, if we play the right defense none of these guys can beat us but the fact is it's impossible with our young secondary to shut everybody down, we need to score a lot on offense to stay competitive in this game...

19. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    We'll be zone blitzing. The best coverage will result by getting Dupree/Harrison in front of Brady's face all day.

20. steeler guru

steeler guru Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Edelman will get 4 or 5 clutch catches that sustain a drive that the Pats absolutely positively have to have. 3rd and 15, 3rd and 10, 2nd and 20.

He might only get 4 or 5 catches for 60 yards, but they will come at a time that breaks your heart.

He's like Hines Ward was for us.

When its 3rd and 8 with a couple minutes on the clock, and we need a big defensive stop, Brady will find Edelman wide open for a 15 or 20 yarder.

EDELMAN IS BRADYS STAKE IN THE HEART!

21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

An improved secondary along with the increased production of the front seven will surely see to that the same. :thumbs up:

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Deebo could stake Brady through the heart with edelman...

upload_2017-1-17_12-34-37.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Reid's was 5-0 after a bye and that went down, Brady had only thrown two picks all year until two in a game last week. Things happen records fall. They play like the first half of the Miami game they can destroy the Pats as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. steelersfansince84

steelersfansince84 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Pussy receiver

Wait you wanted us to describe littlemen in 2 words right?

25. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Jam him at the line thats how you slow down speedy slot receivers. Edelman is very solid but he isn't on that wes welker level.